• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Compiled List of Things Cut from NH AKA: Why New Horizons(Nintendo) Why!?

Let's see... They Cut:

- Club LoL... If people really missed it.
- Selling stuff via a secondhand shop (retail)
- Cyrus refurbing furniture for us, as we now DIY.
- Katrina Fortune telling, as 'Luck' in NH doesn't exist.
- Gracie Grace to buy Fancy Swag stuff at ridiculous prices... Although the nook shop now can hold fairly expensive stuff now.
- The Harriet Salon, as we get to chose our hair styles now.
- Mannequins, as we now use wands to control outfits.
- Every Public Works project other than Bridges, as we now get to move stuff wherever.
- Weeding day, as Weeds are actually nice to use now.

...I'll be back to find other things.

i haven’t played new leaf... but now nh sounds pathetic lol. nintendo got rid of so many good things 🥺💖
It's not so much that that game is pathetic. I definitely don't think it is, but I wish they didn't remove so much.

I liked using them as place holders for people to give the illusion of a packed area or some bartender or whatever.

Last edited:
From time to time in NL, villagers you were on good terms with would randomly invite themselves over to your house. While this was sometimes an annoyance in terms of redecorating, having your favorite villagers tour your house was kind of of endearing :')

Yeah there's a lot missing, I hope it'll come with even more new stuff too. That'll be a nice compensation ;) (I wish we could have more villagers in our islands!)

Let's see... They Cut:

- Club LoL... If people really missed it.
- Selling stuff via a secondhand shop (retail)
- Cyrus refurbing furniture for us, as we now DIY.
- Katrina Fortune telling, as 'Luck' in NH doesn't exist.
- Gracie Grace to buy Fancy Swag stuff at ridiculous prices... Although the nook shop now can hold fairly expensive stuff now.
- The Harriet Salon, as we get to chose our hair styles now.
- Every Public Works project other than Bridges, as we now get to move stuff wherever.
- Weeding day, as Weeds are actually nice to use now.

...I'll be back to find other things.
I've never used a wand and never will.

Mannequins were fantastic to display in themed houses, when we had house styles and an actual plethora of furniture and items to theme with, in NL.

At least Gracie sold some decent sets that we didn't have to Pocket Camp/Craft.

It's not so much that that game is pathetic. I definitely don't think it is, but I wish they didn't remove so much.

I liked using them as place holders for people to give the illusion of a packed area or some bartender or whatever.

If they did bring back Mannequins, That's what lots of people would do, as opposed to actually use them to change clothes.

Wands are a hit and miss feature to me: Yes, they instantly change clothes, but they aren't flexible enough, as you cant do certain things with their effects active, and the clothes are locked into the wand. Additionally... The new wardrobe feature itself is so extremely convenient that is easily overlaps the need of a wand: Open it up, and change your entire outfit anytime, anywhere. That's what makes me switch my outfit at least 1 - 2 times a week.

The size of bugs/fish, being able to listen to songs before you buy them, nintendo themed items, ATM at home, fertilizer, being able to hold balloons, lots of public works projects like the tokyo tower or windmills, being able to customize buildings like the town hall, having rooms in the museum, and being able to access your storage in other towns.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but, you forgot the missing furniture sets and fortune cookies.

I want the police station back with Copper and Booker. I'd rather have them than the recycling bin. Just my preference though.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but, you forgot the missing furniture sets and fortune cookies.
I do miss the Nintendogs figurines and the Triforce from the cookies. :)

Also liked it when you caught a new bug/fish and your character would say "I'll see what my encyclopedia says about my new catch"- this way I always knew I hadn't donated it yet.

12. Megaphone - For calling villagers and NPCs to pinpoint where they were
This here would be SO useful.

Also what are gyroids?

Back