• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Forum Changes Part 1: Nederlandstalige Gedeelte! Re-Tail! Able Sisters!

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Hoi! As we come closer to the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf we will be changing the forum layout around and adding a bunch of new things.

Today we have opened the new board for trading items in New Leaf called Re-Tail. This will work exactly as the Auction House board did for City Folk. Trading items is even easier in New Leaf because you can sell them right in the Re-Tail store, which is where this board got its name.

The second change is that The Train Station and Patterns Beta boards are now out of their pre-release mode. Patterns Beta is now called Able Sisters.

And the most shocking announcement for you all (I'm sure) is the opening of our Other Languages section. We will test this out with a Dutch board to see how it goes. Thanks to Aurynn for helping with that.

Finally, if you have any suggestions for changes to make before the release of New Leaf feel free to post them here.

Last edited:
Dus voor alle Nederlanders: Jullie zijn welkom in het aparte sub-forum!

Go Jeremy, and it is really shocking for the most ppl over here I think xD

Dutch? I quite like that. Not because I speak it, but because I like that people from other languages can chat here. Recomiendo espanol para la lingua de nuevo. Hablo espanol pequeno, pero mas practicas esta bien.

With the TBT Marketplace, is that still temporary? :/

Gettin ready for the release of New Leaf :) Good to see change!

Dutch? I quite like that. Not because I speak it, but because I like that people from other languages can chat here. Recomiendo espanol para la lingua de nuevo. Hablo espanol pequeno, pero mas practicas esta bien.

Oh yeah I meant to fix that. I will in a bit.

Oh, and just because I have to...

More has been done in this one small update than has been done in ACC in the past year. XD

Awesome, can't wait to see the other changes that are to come :)

First of all, if my Google-fu has failed me and such an article/post exists, please share it with me. I've tried searching and can't find an "official" one save for a post made 6 years ago. (But I swear I've seen something like it though, argh!)

Is there some kind of "newbie" guide we can suggest people look at before they start posting? (Yes, I am aware of the FAQ. But let's be real -- people see the size of it and think "Ehhhhh... nevermind." I'm talking about a shorter version that sums up board etiquette.)

I've noticed lately that we're seeing a lot of redundant new threads on many of the boards, or new threads with really generic and vague subjects (e.g., "Help!" or "I have a question") Some of them are being made by really new folks. It's great that new members are so eager to post, but it's harder to browse when the boards are cluttered with redundant threads or you have to sift between all of these super vague threads without nice, clear subject headings.

To be fair, I've seen seasoned board members do this too lately. But since we're bound to have an influx of new people when NL is released, now may be a good time to remind everyone of such etiquette or make another prominent and easily referenced post about it.

Thanks to all the mods and admins for giving us such an awesome space to chat with other AC fans. I'm really happy I found this forum, all grumbling aside. :D

- Remove the tags feature if it's not going to be used properly. Seriously, seeing pointless tags in every second thread it just down right annoying now, not to mention it's probably annoying for those who actually use the tag feature to search the forums.
- Rules pls (weren't these meant to be posted like 1 month ago?).
- Give users the ability to lock their own threads (it has its pros and cons tho, but could be useful).
- Move the 'Animal Crossing City Folk' forum/board (along with The Gate) to a sub-forum in 'General AC Discussion' and make Re-Tail be it's own board instead of a sub.
- Make forum groups actually be nicer (maybe like an actual board like they were back on zB) - the new lay out just looks ugly and is barely checked.
- Have more stricter staff (seriously I get away with so much **** atm).
- Make the ACNewLeaf.com tab at the top open in a new window when clicked instead of overwriting the current tab.
- Colored user names please.
- Make me mod

I think coloured usernames would make the boards messier and make my name less special.

I agree that the gate should be moved into the AC CF board, but not AC CF moved into the general board.

I think coloured usernames would make the boards messier and make my name less special.

I agree that the gate should be moved into the AC CF board, but not AC CF moved into the general board.

make nigel mod again, too :)

I was just about to ask for Spanish as another language.

Also, when is that Animal Crossing thing coming out? You know that one that you said that will give you the ability to like, buy a player and dress it up?

I was just about to ask for Spanish as another language.

Also, when is that Animal Crossing thing coming out? You know that one that you said that will give you the ability to like, buy a player and dress it up?

I heard that's coming in June, it was mentioned in the donation thing.

I don't see why Jake is complaining about the tags. Yes, maybe I'm a little biased, but I don't see why he's complaining about it now. In any case, I would suggest nuking all the current tags, and then making an announcement about it and rules about it.

Yes, rules or maybe just forum guidelines would be nice.

I fully support the moving of the of City Folk to the subforum in General AC Discussion.

No opinion on the groups.

I'm not sure if Jake is aware of this, and I'm not going to address him on this because I think he still has me blocked, but stricter staff, while a good thing, would probably result in his perma ban. Probably.

Totally against everyone having colored usernames. They are used to differentiate between staff and common user.

Last edited:
But if everyone has colored usernames I can finally make my username bright neon pink! Dx

Actually, I agree with the no colored user titles. Having just the important people colored helps newer users out a lot to identify them, I'd think.

I also agree with moving the City Folk board to the AC Discussion section. Wild World and Population Growing are there, and City Folk will soon no longer be the 'most recent' Animal Crossing to be released. I've assumed that's why it's still a main section instead of them so it makes sense to pack it away with the other two once New Leaf is released in the US and Europe. (Also cuz the Animal Crossing section's pretty bulky section-wise.)

Also, I am totally nitpicking, but would it be possible to replace the "e" in the Cafe of Brewster's Cafe with an "?"?

But if everyone has colored usernames I can finally make my username bright neon pink! Dx

Actually, I agree with the no colored user titles. Having just the important people colored helps newer users out a lot to identify them, I'd think.

I also agree with moving the City Folk board to the AC Discussion section. Wild World and Population Growing are there, and City Folk will soon no longer be the 'most recent' Animal Crossing to be released. I've assumed that's why it's still a main section instead of them so it makes sense to pack it away with the other two once New Leaf is released in the US and Europe. (Also cuz the Animal Crossing section's pretty bulky section-wise.)

Coloured usernames would be neat! Depending on the restrictions and thickness of the Username text, patterns could also be incorporated into the text, for example an tartan pattern - Just an idea.

Also, I concur with the amount of topics on the AC board. We should get rid of some older ones like PG or WW to make room for expanding the NL board.

By colored usernames I just kinda mean like they system back on zB where it'd change when you hit x posts. But with the shot buying them would be nice.

Ofc, obv mods, admins, and sages need to be special, so don't allow bold/italicized names, and restrict similar colors... I don't see how it's going to make a sage 'less special'

Well, colored usernames show the difference between administrators, moderators, and sages, compared to regular users. It helps to identify to newer users who runs the forums.

Back