• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you prefer Summer or Winter?

**** summer. Damn bees, allergies, HOT ASF, and obnoxious normies on social media.

Winter has snow so its my fav season.

Well, the insects and my allergies makes summer not so fun...
But the extreme painful cold, with ice and snow where I live makes winter not so fun...

Weather kinda just sucks here. Leaving the house here when it's winter is terrible, and if it's storming out the chance of your car wiping out is pretty high. Summer has beaches and fun stuff so I guess summer wins this time.

Gotta say winter :3 I mean snow, cool weather, lawn needing to be mowed less, Christmas music?? What more can you ask for :cool: haha summer is just a bit too hot for me :]

- - - Post Merge - - -

I might add that I live in Texas and the winters where I live never really get below like 20 degrees x3

winter! bundling up, not being called antisocial for staying indoors, hot cocoa and overall a nice time. CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!! yes, oh and um did i mention bundling up (88

I like both for different reasons.

Summer is great when it's not too hot and the suns warmth feels good on the skin and able to go to more things outside like going to the park or the beach.

Winter is good so I can layer up with hoodies and blankets to keep warm. I hate the feeling of being cold though, I feel it badly when it gets too cold.

Autumn and Spring are my favourites. Get a bit of both, and nice vibrant colours.

I really enjoy both for many reasons but winter it is for me! It's delightful when it's snowing and being cold is quite refreshing; I honestly love snowy evenings as well as bright snowy days. Not to mention my favorite holiday ever, Christmas, also takes place during winter. :blush:

I used to always answer winter to this question but I think I'm beginning to grow an appreciation for hot weather. yeah snow is pretty and all but 16 hours of sunlight isn't all that bad either

Summer has it’s good points I love it to a certain degree but winter is the winner for me. I just love the overall cozy vibes that comes with it and christmas season is the best time...though the snow can be very annoying.

I think I'd rather deal with the cold. The clothes in the winter time are so much cuter and more comfortable, being hot and sweaty is disgusting and repulsive and makes me feel extremely dirty, you can't get comfortable when you're too hot. I love watching a fire and wearing comfy sweaters and boots. My allergies have been so horrible this summer and we're only a couple weeks in. The bugs that come out in the summer time are scary.

The only bad thing about winter is that sometimes it gets so cold that it hurts and that's when I like summer lol

But for the most part I can't stand the heat. I'd rather be cold. The only time I like summer is if i'm on vacation, on a boat, or floating down a river.

Also like winter has christmas what fun holidays are in the summer??

Winter

I hate summer. I live in Texas where it's hot the majority of the year, so summer is excruciating for me. It's so hot and humid to the point you can barely do anything without breaking out in a sweat. The bugs are also terrible here in the summer. The only thing I like about summer is that the sun is out longer than winter.

honestly **** summer

i can?t deal with humidity, sweating or insects and i live in europe. i can?t imagine the horror show that is usa or asia.

give me snow, cute winter layers, christmas and no insects please <3

depends on the place you live ig, where im from the summer isnt like 43?C everyday (altho... sometimes it is) so its quite bearable. besides winter here isnt that "freezing bones and soul" either... last time it actually snowed was maybe 6 years ago? so figure... we barely reach 0?C ndnsnd. For aesthetic & clothing reasons, i prefer winter, i love feeling cozy and warm with oversized hoodies and sweaters. besides warm drinks taste better too! and you dont sweat! and theres scarfs!! and the xmas lights.. and everyone is so jolly!! ..at the same time, summer does have its own little daily pleasures, like sleeping shortless in fresh & light white sheets, which is one of the best thing ever ;-; and! when a single ray of sun enters your house and hits the sofa perfectly so you take an anfternoon nap aaah. and the exotic fruits! and the sun only sets after 10pm! however... i guess summer does tend to get unbearably hot after the first days of august (& the goddamn insects argh) and in winter you can just keep adding more n more layers of clothing, which .. doesnt equal to what happens in summer at all bc u cant walk around naked lmao.. (as you can tell, i really like talking about seasons fjjdjd..) anyways if i was asked some years ago id definitely say winter, but nowadays, i guess i have learnt to enjoy both in its own terms, and look for positive things in both (altho yeah, i probably still have a little preference for winter huh)

Last edited:
I prefer Summer, I have some issues where the lack of sunlight that comes with Winter effects my depression pretty badly, so sunny weather is the only time I can feel alive without it being an intense struggle.

I prefer Summer, I have some issues where the lack of sunlight that comes with Winter effects my depression pretty badly, so sunny weather is the only time I can feel alive without it being an intense struggle.

This for me too. I need sunlight or some supplement of it in order to be happy. Winter every year is my least favorite time of year because something usually bad happens to me. I love Christmas and all, but I would prefer nothing bad to happen to me this Winter.

EDIT: It’s why I hate Winter.

Last edited:
Back