• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Worst dreams?

I very rarely dream, but one time a few years ago I had a dream where the CIA sent me back in time in WWII to infiltrate the Russians, save some scientist and steal some data in order to win the Cold War. I remember fighting with the Russians and protecting the HVT and we were in this field hospital. All of a sudden an explosion went off and most soldiers were dead and yellow gas started appearing and I put a gas mask on and sent the scientist through a portal into the future. I started fighting the Germans as they began to overrun us and as I was reloading my weapon I looked up and a muzzle was in my face and I woke up right before the gunshot.

That was a little unnerving.

This is quite out of topic but I do love listening to people talk about their dreams, so this thread is godsend. I'm a firm believer of the "meanings" behind your dreams so all of these have been interesting to read, I hope more people contribute to this thread. :p

The dream that scared me the most was when I was part of a cult gathering on the top of a building and it seemed so surreal with all the chanting and acts of human sacrifice. Around me were all masks (the tribal kind) and that really scared me so much my dream self proceeded to jump off the building. Not really the smartest step to take, lol.

I had a dream where Tom Holland was my boyfriend but when i woke up he wasn't. That was the worst.

Most of my nightmares that involve people I'd rather not deal with in weird situations..

I had a dream where black coackroaches were creeping out of my arm. Probably derived from some TV show or other, and it wasn't actually that scary.

Now sleep paralysis, that is awful. In case you don't know, it's basically where your brain is mostly conscious but your body doesn't move (something to do with your body still being in REM sleep). It feels like you're trapped in your body, and for me there's also a loud buzzing/whirring sound when it happens. No figures/succubi though!

Worst dream is probably a recurring one: searching for someone and never finding them

I have dreams and daydreams about time travelling while I'm using the bathroom. More often than not, I would come out to find that another person lives in the house and have told me that it was year 2289 or something. I'm not afraid of the dark (unless I watched something scary recently) but I am mildly scared of bathrooms now because of these dreams.

:p

Last year I went through a period of pretty extreme anxiety and stress and nightmares were a common occurrence, almost every day for two weeks during that stress period. The worst one was when I had sleep paralysis--I was aware that I was dreaming but I could not move (my physical body) no matter how much I tried to. I felt trapped, as if I was strapped to an operating table and couldn't move. And then there were people (or at least one person) all around me with tools for dissection in their hands. Traumatizing stuff. I ended up snapping out of it when my boyfriend woke me up because I had been wheezing in my sleep.

My dreams are way too weird to put into perspective. I can't even makes sense of them. They used to be more "normal". I quote that because they were still weird but not NEARLY as much!

Idk which was the worst, but i remember around 5 years ago (i was 15)
I watched this horrible video online of someone being murdered... then had dreams about it every night for awhile.

I hate that i'm so nosy :/

Im usually able to wake myself up from bad dreams or at least defend myself/teleport/run away from bad things trying to get after me, but some things I can't control, like other life forms in my dreams & their actions. Sometimes when, no matter where/how far I feel I've teleported, whether it be across the world or in another universe or in space or the sky, the thing that's after me still finds me.

yeah i get these dreams sometimes too, like no matter how much i try to run away they're always still there, watching. i think it's my subconscious trying to tell me i can't run away from my problems, but here i am, running like a damn olympic runner

Most of my dreams are just very weird, the worst ones are about me being in school. I hate school. I once dreamed that school was on a very high up wooden pier and buildings were on it and they were all made out of sticks and straw. A nice dream I've had is that Mongolia was a tropical country by the ocean and it was so beautiful with all the Asian buildings and it was so green and my social studies class was a small Asian temple looking building on a pier at the beach and there was a hill behind the beach with a pretty stone path up on it. My dreams are very weird as you can tell.

Back