• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Luck, Resets, and Frustrations.

skarmoury

˚₊‧ eyes on me ‧₊˚
Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just really wanted to share the story of my town, and all that shaped it to what it is today (all being luck, resets, and frustrations).

Long story short, my internet was working fine on my 3DS before. When I started, I bought around 15mil bells from here, I got some moving villagers like Fuchsia (who I forgot to plot reset so now she's in a bad position), etc. Sadly, our family switched routers, and now my 3DS would not cooperate; I couldn't connect to any town. I couldn't adopt villagers. I couldn't buy items from others anymore.

Oh no.

So I built a campsite early on and campsite reset SO MANY TIMES just to get villagers I wanted. It was a frustrating procedure, but it was better than nothing. I had to rely on luck and the game's RNG. I was on my own here, and I couldn't get anyone's help. Stupid router. Of course, after I saw a camper I liked, I had to plot reset SO MANY TIMES AGAIN so they'd be in a position that I could work with.

I was extremely sad I couldn't get some of the villagers I've always wanted. That's okay though; I'm satisfied with what I have now, and I'm proud to say that all my villagers (except Fuchsia lmao) were in-game generated, from 100000 resets. x)

Prw3AN4.jpg

Here's a picture of my town! The villagers I'm keeping are Erik, Flurry, Marshal, Marina, Kidd, Diana, Bam, and Bluebear. (Fuchsia's and Lopez' houses are the two on the upper left, but they won't be permanent since I don't like their house placement.) The houses I'm keeping are the orange one and the one where my character is standing lol. The others were from resets.

I got Erik, Kidd, and Marina from random move-ins, while the rest were from campsite. Their houses aligned perfect too, and I'm super happy with that! I think Lady Luck smiles upon me. :blush:

So that's all-- the story of Vanillix so far!

Anyway, I'd love to hear any of your luck-based experiences in ACNL so far as well! c: I guess my luckiest moment was when I had Marina as a random move in, and her house aligned perfectly to Erik's that I just had to keep her! <3

Last edited:
ahh thanks for sharing your story- it sounds like such a struggle hehe! the forum definitely helps to speed the town development process, and i can't imagine how frustrating it must have been to slowwwly obtain all your dreamies, but i can imagine how satisfied you feel w your town!

good work, my friend :)

Omg! How hard would it be not to connect to the internet!
While I was reading your story, I was about to say 'Why didn't you invite your friends to come over and help you with Plot Resetting?’ and 'Why didn't you go on the forums and find somebody to hold Fuchsia while you find a good spot for her?'
I can't survive without DS internet. I must say, your town is seemingly really good looking! Good luck with your future endeavours with your town.
:)

It sounds like you are pretty happy with your town right now. You must be a very patient person to keep resetting so many times for campsite guests as well as house placements. My patience is not high enough for that, so I just have to take what I get as far as where villagers decide to place their houses. On the other hand, I have obtained a couple of my villagers through Amiibo cards, so that definitely helps with getting neighbors that you like.

Back