• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

RPG Maker

WinteryGarnet

Bells
Switch
3427-3714-6504
Is anyone around here into making RPG games? My friends and I have been working on our first RPG horror in MV.
What are some of your favorite aspects in RPG horrors if you've played them, and where are some great places for assets if you make games? I think it's such a great program! (but definitely buy it on sale if you're interested in buying it lol)

I remember back in the 90s, a company called SSI used to do make turn based semi-tactical RPGs based on Dungeons and Dragons (back when it was owned by TSR and not Wizards of the Coast). The name escapes me, but they had an RPG maker that allowed you add your own asserts, create your own dungeons, maps, and even monsters. I actually rather enjoyed it... despite never having the opportunity to share creations with friends, as I never really had any back then lol.

I used to mess around w/ RPG Maker but never really got anywhere w/ it.

Look up GameMaker on steam, RPG Maker is alright to toy with but rarely anything ever get noticed/looked refined using it.

Cool I like RPG Maker I know the game I want but I cant figure out the program are you accepting requests at the time?

Thanks

not sure how helpful this is, but I've always loved the storylines in Witch's House and Mad Father! How it's confusing and how the puzzles are, the way the jumpscares actually work! Would definitely say try to take inspiration from them!

I like making basic games with triggers and sound effects that lead to no ware and do funny stuff I need someone with some of the other RPG makers i'm good at RPG 2003 with simple stuff but that's it?

Anyone play the ZZT games me and my friend made some funny ones programming was He!! but after a while we made a lot of games I would like to find a group of people that like to make ZZT games or RPG games most of the things we did was school humor back in the 1999 2000 era when we wore in school i'm guessing somewhere on my old computers hard drive if I can get it working there's a holy grail of all my old programming files since those computers did not have USB ports but the blue thingy with the USB on the end I have my mobile USB floppy drive since the floppy is broken I have to use that and I have my portable hard drive to plug in the back of the blue thingy but that's my story?

Last edited:
Back