• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite anime/manga series?

*narrator voice* Fullmetal Alchemist *whoooshing sound effect* Fullmetal alchemist

Seconding this ^^

I watched FMA Brotherhood, fell in love, cried, and died. Then I bought the first volume of the manga. First anime that made me buy its manga tbh <3

I liked Serial Experiments Lain though I don't watch or read these kind of things anymore.

admittedly mine is black butler, ive been obsessed with it for like 2 years

I don't know, I don't have a favorite but I like anime like Ping Pong, Mononoke, Tatami Galaxy, FlCL ...and manga like Beck, Nana, Reset... Well I can enjoy many genres. I like Berserk but I also like stories with an end, and that one is going on for decades and they added everything they could in it including mermaids lol . I don't like what they did with Casca who is now there mainly just for gags... Well I didn't read all the chapters, I stopped a bit after the mermaids and witches (or fairies?).

Hmmmmm
Anime: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, Nichijou
Manga: Death Note, Blade of the Immortal, Sailor Moon
There's too many to think of!

My current fave is Yuri!!!On Ice but I have a passion for Black Butler and AOT. I also really liked Princess Jellyfish ngl.

I also really liked Princess Jellyfish ngl.

Princess Jellyfish is so good!! Kimi ni Todoke and Sailor Moon will always have a special place in my heart
My fav. manga would have to be the first one I ever read which was After School Nightmare ^^

Black Butler. It's my favourite out of all the ones I've seen. Every anime except for the garbage that is The Seven Deadly Sins was wiped off of Netflix, so I haven't been able to watch any animes. You know what they replaced the good shows with? HE-MAN.

anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica
i sense a theme, they're all 2deep4u
manga: i dont really read manga? i'm gonna have to say umineko. havent read all of it, but the vn was amazing and since its just a direct adaption of that it should be just as good

Kuzo no Honkai/ Scum's Wish is shaping up to be one of my favorite animes now. It's such a unique and dark show. I love it

Last edited:
Anime: paranoia agent
Manga: neon genesis evangelion(also liked the anime), death note (didn't like the anime).

Those are probably my favourite

your lie in april was a great one i cried a lot towards the end lol. that and the one about that kid who works in a cafe but also is a monster that eats people (LOL its funny these were the only memorable things about it) but yeah i cant remember its super mainstream tho. other than those 2 i haven't watched that much more anime. i've been influenced a lot by japanese culture but for some reason anime never stuck. i only like the art style...

i have searched and searched and have found nothing for a show on vocaloid or hatsune miku related. its so annoying that vocaloid is a thing related to anime yet it has no show! and no manga i know of. i guess its for the best since they tend to make a lot of girl anime characters rude to people they like (good example is the blonde girl from your lie in april). like nobody would act like that irl...please just make people normal LOL...B(

EDIT: OFC I FORGOT POKEMON but thats kind of like a tv show? idk but im determined to watch every season of it to catch up with the sun and moon one. the only thing im afraid of is the voices of the characters changing. i love ash's original voice but the sun/moon one sounds older. which is funny bc the newest season makes him look younger but his voice got deeper OTL...

Last edited:
I loved Death Parade. Made me cry like a little b.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anime: paranoia agent
Manga: neon genesis evangelion(also liked the anime), death note (didn't like the anime).

Those are probably my favourite

how did you not like the death note anime, it was nearly identical lol

Back