• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

3Ds Camera Feature

How often do you use the 3D's Camera?

• Often

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • On occasion

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aschton

Sleepy
Bells
Silver Mailbox
I noticed that its sort of beocming obsolete in situations
Do you use it often?
If so, in what games/apps?
I put "often" and "on occasion."
Go me. "On occasion" is supposed to be never

Last edited:
I only use it for games that use QR codes, like Animal Crossing New Leaf and Pokemon Sun. I've never used it otherwise.

I feel like it's worse than the DSi camera. I can't confirm it but for some reason, the pictures on the 3DS look horrid compared to the DSi's pictures. Not that the DSi's pictures were great or anything.

I used to use the DSi camera a decent bit cause I loved messing up people's faces. Now I don't bother much anymore due to lack of interest. I think I only used the camera on the 3DS once to try to take a picture amd saw how horrible it was and never wemt back again. Lmao.

I do use it time to time to scan QR codes. I also use the in game camera to take screencaps of Animal Crossing moments.

Eh, I never use it. DS cameras have never been good, and I'd agree that it is worse than the DSi's camera. I think I used it maybe a couple times when I got my console, but the photo quality turned me off instantly. That being said, I did use my DSi camera quite a lot when it was brand new years ago. I just don't like looking through the photos because they're so old, and there are pictures of my first cat in there who is no longer alive. ;(

Also, old drawings... cringe.

I actually use it often. I sometimes take pictures on ACNL during Wi-Fi sessions, and I love merge faces. I also film videos of me playing games sometimes, since I don't know how to properly capture footage of games. I don't have any other type of camera, which is why I use my 2DS' camera so often. The only real problem is space, so I always have to delete some pictures and videos to make more room.

it's terrible. it's trash. honestly, i know that they can only do so much with a camera in something like a ds which is meant for games, but man. the camera quality is horrendous, so i never use it.

I very, very rarely use it, but it is useful for QR Codes. Personally I've spent more time on the DSi Camera, with the Kaleidoscope filter.

i hate it. it's so much worse than the dsi camera, and i actually used the dsi camera to take pictures and they were pretty decent. i liked messing around with all the features on the dsi camera but now i hardly touch my 3ds cam

The quality for the camera is like 144p. It is really horrid. If you wanted to make a monster selfie filter this would be the camera to use. I recommend it >.>

Back