• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Would you reset if... [UPDATED]

Spooky.

Lonely Heart
Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Leif
Poptart Easter Egg
You had a great set of villagers that you spent a fortune to get and spent days on end plot resetting for...but hated everything else about your town?

I've had an issue with one of my towns that is exactly that. I adore my villagers and some of them I worked really hard to find and get and plot them, but the rest of my town is, well...garbage. The map is okay but I hate the town name, I hate where my permanent pwps are...and speaking of pwps, I do honestly believe that town has some kind of glitch. I've had it for well over a year, and I've gotten maybe...4 pwp requests. No matter what tricks or anything I try, I -never- get pwp requests. It's frustrating to be stuck with the basic beginner ones after so long and never get asked for new ones. The town looks like garbage and has been in a state of emptiness for ages now.

I just don't know what to do. I know the amiibo cards are a thing now, but I'm broke and can't afford to buy the villagers I have. I just don't know if it's worth resetting and losing all my precious cat villagers. But at the same time, I totally resent the town for everything else. I've tried and tried to work with it and make it enjoyable but I simply can't.

If I didn't love my villagers I'd restart in a heartbeat. What do I do? It took me a month just to find Tom, I fear I'll never find him again...

Edit: I decided to start getting prepared to reset. I'll be slowly moving unorderable items and some of my already-done rooms and such over to another town. It'll be a pain and I'm bummed about my villagers, but I'll try to get them back. It's not worth hating my town.

Edit 2: I spent an hour just moving a small fraction of stored items and hybrids and already I'm fed up. I'm half considering just screenshotting my rooms and buying the items all over again because this is stressful and not fun. Not to mention I have no idea where I'm supposed to put two full houses (all rooms expanded) worth of things while I reset. I just have no space for that, or time ;~;
I'm almost considering just abandoning that town because I just can't do all this work.
Help/Advice?

Villagers:
Bob
Rosie
Tom
Purrl
Rudy
Punchy
Lolly
Tangy
Katt
Merry

Tom was the hardest to find and get by far. I just hope to anything I can find all these villagers again. I might have a couple of them as amiibo cards (I bought a few packs before I went broke) but the rest, well...I can hope. ;;

Last edited:
Maybe ask people to hold your villagers, then reset? I'm sorry that you have to go through such a hard time in ACNL... :(

Personally if this was me then I would reset. Villagers and things you can have held for you or buy again but town layouts are stuck the way they are. If I hated that part of my town I'd reset. That's just me, though.

I can hold Tom if you do decide to restart.

I would reset, personally. I mean, if you're not happy with your town then what's the point of playing? Villagers can always be re-obtained (it's even easier to adopt villagers now with the amiibo cards, you can always find someone who has your dreamie's card and ask them to reserve it for you). You may even luck out and get them yourself from random move-ins or from the campsite. I think there's a lot to be gained from resetting, in that situation.

Thanks for all the input so far. It'll be a hassle to reset, not just to regain all my villagers but to move all my bells and unorderables from this town to another (I have three towns), but being unhappy with my town as a whole isn't really worth keeping it.

I do honestly think the pwp issue is a glitch of some sort, and it'd just be best to start over. It'll be a lot of work but maybe when I have some spare time I can start to work on resetting.

Yeah I just reset a few weeks ago because of my town map, my villagers were awesome and it was sad to see them go....but now I have a mess of amiibo cards coming in the mail!

I'd reset! If you can't buy the cards or anything then I would simply just do the campsite reset. That's how I got all of my dreamies like Bob, Muffy, and Julian :)

I'd probably just reset tbh
I resetted again, largely because I regretted having such a big house... though I didn't have anything noteworthy to keep aside from some items. villagers, meh. so it was easy to just do it in my case.
if you actually do reset, I wish you luck with it.

this is the same problem i had lmao i had all my dreamies and spent countless hours and tbt trying to get them. you can get someone to hold them for you if some request to move out, but honestly i'd transfer all the things you need to a friend's town and reset. you can always get your dreamies again, it might take some time but they aren't gone forever. i'd totally reset if i were you!! getting a fresh start will feel much better ;v; if you ever even need help with the reset you can honestly let me know! i've been there and i'd be glad to help

I would honestly recommend resetting. Villagers are easier to find than ever now with the amiibo cards being out and people being able to move in/out any villager at an amiibo read. Also, since villagers dont plot on QR paths now it's even easier to find a good spot for them.

you can reset now and *hopefully* have tom nook offer to buy your town, just transfer your treasured items to someone you trust and then sell your town lmao. amiibo cards are making villagers a lot more easier to get now in the update, and i'm sure that someone out there will have that tom amiibo card.

i mean, its all up to you. it sounds like you're a bit unhappy with your town in its current state and if you think that resetting will help make you enjoy the game more, you should totally do it. after all, its about having fun!

I didn't get PWP requests for almost a year and then recently I got 4 right after each other. I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that you have to have a certain high friendship with the villager. Also don't forget certain personalities will unlock specific ones so if you want something particular then that might be why.

Can you adopt a villager that someone moved in via amiibo card though? Like say someone used a card to get Rosie in their town, can I adopt Rosie from them?

That will make a big difference in terms of my resetting for sure.

I've just barely started to move items to reset and it's so tiring and I have so little room to move everything ;~;

I'm almost considering just screen-shotting my rooms and buying everything all over again instead just so I don't have to go through this hassle.

Resetting is the way to go. It's true you have put in a lot of work getting them, but reseting your town will give you a better way to fit them in later. You could attempt plot Resetting them again in wiser ways such as laying the right paths where it's needed, etc.

I TT a lot and lost my villagers and ruined my town and that made me reset, but villagers are something you can always get again. By the way, I've obtained 4 of my dreamies through this forum within a week. It isn't that hard especially since tons of people are a selling animals using amiibo cards. So, you should be able to find animals quickly now.

Last edited:
Resetting is the way to go. It's true you have put in a lot of work getting them, but reseting your town will give you a better way to fit them in later. You could attempt plot Resetting them again in wiser ways such as laying the right paths where it's needed, etc.

I TT a lot and lost my villagers and ruined my town and that made me reset, but villagers are something you can always get again. By the way, I've obtained 4 of my dreamies through this forum within a week. It isn't that hard especially since tons of people are a selling animals using amiibo cards. So, you should be able to find animals quickly now.

I'm still thinking about it. I didn't realize how much work it would be to reset and I'd be losing tons and tons of items as well and I'm not sure I can deal with it. My houses are all fully expanded and decorated and to move two houses full of furniture is a nightmare, it would take over a month. My only other option is to screenshot every room and buy the items all over again...

I wouldn't bother moving all furniture (only unorderables and other hard to find stuff). Those things are easy to find on the forums and there are people who will let you catalog them for free so you can buy them from your own catalogue anytime. I recommend screenshotting the rooms and only moving those rare items instead of all that work.

Back