• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can you explain collectibles to me?

PrincessPixiTheThird

Bells
Jack
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Ive been on this forum for awhile, and I still dont understand them. Why are some so desirable? How are they obtained? Do they serve any purpose other than being pretty pictures below your avatar? Why are they so expensive? Why do some people ask what the date is on them?

Help! I want to understand!

They don't really do any purpose other than decorate your sidebar. People want collectibles because they care about their sidebars. For example, I love apples a lot. I wanted a sidebar that matches my interest and username, so I like my sidebar to be all apple. Yes, I did want a green pinwheel or crescent moon wand, but chances are, even if I own them (which I don't), they won't show up in my sidebar, because they are not apples.

You can get collectibles from the TBT shop or have others gift you collectibles. But some are staff-handed.

They are expensive because the demand for them is high. Yeah, some are ridiculously high prices (in my opinion, 10K TBT should be the most you make for one collectible. In reality, they have no worth. It's just for fun on TBT.

As for dates, it's to organize their sidebars.

Last edited:
because suckers

people just really like to customize their sidebar to their preferences

and dates are because collectibles are ordered by when obtained going backwards, and can't be reorganized. so if someone wants things in a certain order, they may have to hunt down people with collectible(s) dated between a certain time period

I honestly can't explain collectibles, or why I wasted so much time and effort getting mine help me

They're just little pictures to 'collect' and they decorate your sidebar. They don't do much in particular, but you can sell or trade them to other users for TBT (currency). You can get them from buying from users, or restocks/events.

Last edited:
It's really just the visual appeal. Sometimes you can get special ones (like my trophy) for participating in official events and stuff, but other than that they're just there because it looks sweet.

ya, they're nothing but just bragging tools and status symbols. i used to be so crazy about them i even used real money please dont ban me but now i dont even care about them anymore ever since im kinda unactive here. i have a lot in my inventory but the ones displayed are what i care most

Last edited:
just cute little icons that make you look a bit more cool ;}

I would add that I started to get into them when I no longer had an AC use for TBT, I had already bought everything I wanted and still had TBT so I started buying them...

Yeah there's not much more to them other than to look pretty. I haven't really got into them yet, I'm saving for a specific one right now but I'm sure by the time I get the tbt it will no longer be available. Some people give them away free and others sell them. Or you can try and catch them in store when they gets stocked again. I wanted a famous mushroom but missed it...kind of glad now as I've got extra towards the collectible I really want

they divide the tbt high class and the tbt low class. the cooler ur collectables, the higher you are.
in reality tho there's nothing special about them other than looking cool.

Yeah, they don't actually do anything. They just make you seem cooler on here. And they look cute too! I love my birthstone collectibles.

Back