• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Accidentally deleted collectibles ❤️‍🩹

Aquilla

the most wonderful time of the year 🌸
Bells
Switch
3591-5022-2346
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Lily
Sometimes, switching collectibles on and off can be a little tricky. We need to tick the discard button to select multiple and then adjust the action. Has it ever happened to you that you accidentally deleted something this way?

I often switch collectibles on and off on my phone and in bulk, late at night with my brain turned off. It looks like recently instead of deactivating some of my collectibles, I discarded them instead! I’m really really sad because I lost 4 things in total, 3 of which were very sentimental to me. One was a Peridot my husband gifted me on our wedding day and I cherished it so much! Another was a June birthstone a friend gifted to me, as well an October birthstone to represent my own birth month. Lastly I lost a spring shamrock. Feeling super gutted about this. The items itself aren’t like irreplaceable in their tbt value, but what hurts me are the messages lost. Worst of all is the wedding birthstone. 🥺

I already filled out a contact the staff, vaguely hoping that at least the Peridot can be replaced/rematerialised somehow. Now I wait 🥲 just having a terrible gut feeling that this won’t be reversible.

E: My collectibles were restored, even the messages! 🥺💜

Last edited:
Nope, never did, I'm always careful with not deleting any of my collectibles I own as I'd be devastated if I ever did.

I'd discard my raffle "collectibles" taking up space, but I keep them for no reason at all! :lemon:

Last edited:
Although I’m no stranger to deleting collectibles, I tend to be very careful with what I tap on when activating or deactivating certain collectibles.

I’m sure the staff will restore trophies or animated collectibles that you accidentally deleted, but I don’t know about the tradables (especially the more common ones).

Sometimes, switching collectibles on and off can be a little tricky. We need to tick the discard button to select multiple and then adjust the action. Has it ever happened to you that you accidentally deleted something this way?

I often switch collectibles on and off on my phone and in bulk, late at night with my brain turned off. It looks like recently instead of deactivating some of my collectibles, I discarded them instead! I’m really really sad because I lost 4 things in total, 3 of which were very sentimental to me. One was a Peridot my husband gifted me on our wedding day and I cherished it so much! Another was a June birthstone a friend gifted to me, as well an October birthstone to represent my own birth month. Lastly I lost a spring shamrock. Feeling super gutted about this. The items itself aren’t like irreplaceable in their tbt value, but what hurts me are the messages lost. Worst of all is the wedding birthstone. 🥺

I already filled out a contact the staff, vaguely hoping that at least the Peridot can be replaced/rematerialised somehow. Now I wait 🥲 just having a terrible gut feeling that this won’t be reversible.
Thats terrible :-: Im so sorry you lost all those collectables, I wish I had those, so I could give you them. Esspecially that wedding one :(

Not really, the only ones I value the most are the ones people gifted me. But I really wish I could help you more

I'm sorry that this happened to you, especially with such sentimental collectibles.

At least as far as I can remember, I haven't had this happen yet and I hope it never does, but I'm always really cautious when activating and deactivating collectibles in bulk. I can look at the word "Deactivate" and my brain will still be stressed out that it's "Discard" since they both start with the letter "d."

I kinda wish the Discard option wasn't in the drop down list with the rest of the options.

I don't know whether you'll be able to get these back, but best wishes for you in this matter.

I haven't had it happen to me, but I can definitely see why it would happen, since having no confirmation for bulk discarding collectibles when there's one for discarding a single collectible is definitely a painful design oversight. Hopefully the staff will be able to recover those collectibles for you, since the sentimental value is definitely impossible to replace!

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I'd be devastated if I lost such a sentimental collectible/message. Hopefully the staff can work some magic for you 😭

As for me, I haven't deleted any collectibles except for some common flowers I didn't want. I do agree that a confirmation message for deleting collectibles should be added. Hopefully in the next TBT update we'll get one.

Oh no Aquilla I'm really sorry to hear that!! ): I've definitely also had a few close calls with deleting collectibles, I do find it hard switching lineups on mobile since the buttons are small and I easily mispress sometimes. I'm sorry you lost some precious collectibles to you, I hope staff has a way of recovering them! 🤞

aquilla noooooo, i’m so so sorry that happened 🥺 i have a few collectibles to commemorate special dates and people to me as well, and i would be so devastated if i ever accidentally deleted them, i can’t imagine how you must be feeling 🥺 i really hope staff will be able to recover them for you! 🤞🏻

i thankfully haven’t accidentally deleted any of my collectibles, but doing so is honestly a big fear of mine. i’m on mobile as well, and i always make sure to triple check before doing anything to my collectibles, to make sure i’ve selected the right option. there really should be some sort of “are you sure you want to do this?” popup when discarding collectibles if there isn’t one already, since mistakes do happen.

Oh no! This is legitimately one of my TBT fears, accidentally ticking "discard" instead of "deactivate". ☹️ That sucks, I'm so sorry. ❤️

Thats terrible :-: Im so sorry you lost all those collectables, I wish I had those, so I could give you them. Esspecially that wedding one :(

Not really, the only ones I value the most are the ones people gifted me. But I really wish I could help you more
Aww thank you! That means a lot to me <3 you are such a sweetheart!

I haven't had it happen to me, but I can definitely see why it would happen, since having no confirmation for bulk discarding collectibles when there's one for discarding a single collectible is definitely a painful design oversight. Hopefully the staff will be able to recover those collectibles for you, since the sentimental value is definitely impossible to replace!
I think I have seen a confirmation pop up before when deleting raffle tickets. If there had been a pop up I'm sure I would have noticed though and not proceeded so I'm extra confused how that could have happened. Maybe I deleted them with my raffle tickets? No idea..

I always triple check I have "deactivate" selected instead of discard, like some of you pointed out! Both starting with a "d" makes it extra nerve wrecking haha :') I really have no idea how it happened, because I think there is an "are you sure" pop up when discarding things. I have no recent memory of it though. All I know is I switched the stones on around August 20th for our wedding anniversary and now they're gone so some time since then I must have just completely switched off my brain when cleaning up my inventory.

I appreciate all the nice words of comfort, thank you everyone <3

I have to be extremely careful around collectibles to avoid this happening. I’m so sorry this happened to you, especially since it was a gift.

I've never discarded a normal collectible so I'm not sure if a message pops up asking if you're absolutely sure you want to do that, but if not then it would be incredibly useful to have that feature implemented. I'm so scared of accidentally discarding collectibles, hasn't happened to me yet but it's still a big fear of mine.

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you, I have some collectibles with very special messages myself and I know I'd be devastated if I accidentally discarded them. hopefully the staff can help you, I'll keep my fingers crossed 🥺💕

I've never discarded a normal collectible so I'm not sure if a message pops up asking if you're absolutely sure you want to do that, but if not then it would be incredibly useful to have that feature implemented. I'm so scared of accidentally discarding collectibles, hasn't happened to me yet but it's still a big fear of mine.

I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you, I have some collectibles with very special messages myself and I know I'd be devastated if I accidentally discarded them. hopefully the staff can help you, I'll keep my fingers crossed 🥺💕
Thank you 🥺💜

I agree with everyone who has said that the collectible organisation could do with some qol updates. I think it would be great if the discard option was separate from all other organisation. And if the select multiple option wasn’t automatically the discard one, but just a tick box for selecting multiples.

On that note I’d also appreciate if the “hidden” collectibles were in a separate area from the deactivated ones just for a better overview. So we could have an “active”, “not active” and “hidden” area…

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you! This is always in the back of my mind when managing my inventory. Hopefully you can be compensated for it at least.

Funnily enough, I have actually deleted most of my pre-2020 collectibles. I don't remember the exact reason why though. Maybe I just wanted to focus on newer collectibles at the time. 🤔

I would hope that the staff can disable discarding of some collectibles. More particularly, the animated ones, the trophies, and stuff like the pink candy and galaxy swirl.

Oh yeah! Terribly sorry this happened to you. They'll work something out to bring your collectibles back.

(Sorry I didn't include this message in my previous message hours ago, that was slightly rude of me)
Post automatically merged:

But in all seriousness, I suggest there being an extra box that says "Discard Items" and it takes you to a page where you can only discard items by clicking on a collectible in your inventory, multiple of them at that, then adds a warning if you are sure with your decision before you start discarding. If this happens they should remove the discard option from the main inventory entirely, so something like this won't happen again.

Fortunately, it has never happened to me, and I hope it'll stay that way. I do get a little confused sometimes with what options we have for each individual collectible, and I take extra care when clicking on those options. Like activating or hiding a collectible for example. Does deactivating a collectible really disappear from our inventory since it won't show up in our lineups, or do they just simply stay hidden from others? Those two options function a bit similar to one another, so accidentally discarding one somehow would be heartbreaking especially if it holds a very special message (like what happened to you, unfortunately). 💔

There really should be an "are you sure?" window if we so happen to accidentally click the discard button since it appears right below settings for each collectible. I don't want to discard my ocean pearl, enchanted bloom, TBT event badges, and other collectibles gifted by other awesome members on here just because I misclicked a button.

Definitely had a couple close calls in the past. I remember many years ago, I accidentally hit Discard on my weird doll 🫣 thankfully I caught myself on the confirmation. Hopefully staff can reverse your discards!

Definitely had a couple close calls in the past. I remember many years ago, I accidentally hit Discard on my weird doll 🫣 thankfully I caught myself on the confirmation. Hopefully staff can reverse your discards!
Ok, that sounds scary. Not even Stephen King could write a book that scary.

Yeah, some collectibles need the discard feature discarded disabled, and it's not just the event prize collectibles. Any of those Tier 1 collectibles on mog-ponytail's collectible tier list (like the weird doll) should have that feature disabled.

Back