• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How do you react when villagers you like, ask if they should leave??

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Me? I haven't had mine ask in a long time, till Sasha asked last night and I told him to stay. They don't ask to leave often. But when they do, I tell them to stay, and that's that

I know some people get like, super upset about it. But it is just a random occurrence.

What about you? Are you upset, let them go, confused, worried. How do you react?

Last edited:
i tell them to stay, and then move on with my day. villagers asking to leave is randomized, and 7/10 of my current villagers are permanent, so they ask to leave more often than not. i never get upset or take it personally though, since like i said it’s randomized, and i’d much rather have them ask to leave than be able to leave without asking me first. 😅

it’s a little annoying when i’m time travelling to try and move a non-permanent villager out and only my permanent villagers are asking to leave, but it’s still no big deal.

i tell them to stay, and then move on with my day. villagers asking to leave is randomized, and 7/10 of my current villagers are permanent, so they ask to leave more often than not. i never get upset or take it personally though, since like i said it’s randomized, and i’d much rather have them ask to leave than be able to leave without asking me first. 😅

it’s a little annoying when i’m time travelling to try and move a non-permanent villager out and only my permanent villagers are asking to leave, but it’s still no big deal.
Just curious, but who are the premies??

Most of the time my character is running around like crazy cleaning round the island and an islander would run up to me.

Then they mention they want to leave so I say no then go find them a gift to show them I love them hahaha

Most of the time my character is running around like crazy cleaning round the island and an islander would run up to me.

Then they mention they want to leave so I say no then go find them a gift to show them I love them hahaha
Yeah same haha
Post automatically merged:

beau, margie, audie, sprinkle, whitney, shino, and agnes! a lot of my favourite villagers are female, if it’s not obvious. 🤣💖
Cuute, I hope you find your other premies eventually!

Last edited:
The last time I was upset was in ACNL because of a bridge that I wanted to place. Muffy house was in the way and happy the devs fixed how bridges work in ACNH. I made her a house in Happy Home Designer 3DS.

My main island still has all the villagers from Dec. 2020. Amiibo cards and the lack of dialog early game made it easier to say goodbye on my 2nd Island.

I don't have much of a reaction these days, as the lineup I've got now is who I'm rolling with until the next game. If someone asks, I just sigh and say no. I know before the prompt even comes up what they're going to say at this point.

However, I do remember my last remaining random villager, Patty, asking me to move out for the first time, and I was genuinely surprised by the fact that she waited around 295 or so days after moving in. For those that don't know already, I played the game without time travelling every single day after release for an entire year, so seeing that come out of her mouth was a shock. I really, really didn't want her to leave, so I said no then and every subsequent time since then. She grew on me super hard - more than any random villager I previously had - and later got the idea of making the space around her house be farm-themed due to the game introducing produce in the 2.0 update.

There were several moments that I paused for a long time before actually saying yes - Jacques, Scoot, and Mott all had me think for a long while before I let them leave, as they were longtime residents and I had built up memories with them. I let Scoot and Mott leave because I wanted different villagers, and I let Jacques leave because he never gave me his picture despite being on my island for nearly three years. After I kicked out Coco and moved Caroline in, I decided to make this lineup my final one, and I refuse to let any existing villagers go at this time.

I feel incredibly guilty when I say no after they've just told me about their dreams for life away from the island, but I still do it sometimes. I'm trying to get rid of some of my villagers, but the villagers I like keep asking me about moving away instead.

I don't really care. Honestly I've seen all the villagers and I don't mind if they leave after I've gotten their photo.

I just tell them no, even if they ask like 20 times. I don’t mind doing that. I’m very grateful in this game they’ll ask if it’s okay to move and not like, just move away and never tell you. I didn’t like that feature in past AC games. 😕

I don't react. All of my villagers in Animal Crossing games are specifically chosen to be permanent residents due to their fitting the theme of whatever town/island they're in.

That said, sometimes I change my mind. I might get tired of a particular villager after having them for a long time or I might decide that I want to swap in a newly added villager or two (as was the case with New Horizons' update) to replace one of the original group. Even then, though, I just use the amiibo camper method to move them in and kick whichever particular villager out, so it's not at all much of a big deal to me. I tend to like to collect the photos of all of the residents though, so I always make it a point to acquire those before having someone leave. By that point, it's just kind of a feeling of "Thank you, it's been a pleasure."

I convince them to stay. I usually convince them to stay anyway, because I like the tight-knit community I’ve built.

Sometimes when I say no they respond with "oh I feel much better about staying now I that I know you feel that way." So I look it as they are seeking reassurance that they are wanted on the island. I don't have a negative reaction to them asking if they should leave. All 10 of my villagers are permanent villagers now so I will be saying no to that question from now on! Yay!

If I want them to stay, I reset the game before it auto saves. That way I can ignore that villager for the day, and the next day a different villager will hopefully want to leave. If I tell them no it'll take like 2 more weeks for someone else who I actually want to move asks lol

I just don’t let them leave. I don’t think anything about it since villagers moving away is literally just RNG.

If any villager asks me to let them leave, I simply show them this sign:
B7CScOS.png

Back