• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What model is your 3DS?

Way back in 2011 I got my Aqua Blue 3DS a day after release date. Then back in 2013 or so, my parents were planning on getting me the ACNL "Pop-Tart" 3DS XL, but I said no because I didn't like its appearance and got a generic blue one instead. Now it's on eBay for like thousands of dollars. Stupid me... :(

Anyways, earlier this month I got the New Galaxy Style New 3DS XL. Transferred my data (That's existed since 2011) from my blue 3DS XL and everything went smoothly, besides some photos being lost in the process for some strange reason. And what's better, it even goes perfect with my ACNL character!

View attachment 183719

Congrats, that galaxy thing is so beautiful... I kind of want to get one just because its pattern unless actually get off their lazy asses and do a release here.

That's weird, that photos didn't follow since it's system-tied to those new ones.. o well.

I have three 3DS's

1) Original teal/aqua shiny 3DS (aus/europe) - 2011
2) Animal crossing limited edition 3DS XL (usa) - 2013
3) new 3DS (japan) - 2015

I can pretty much play any game since I have four regions amongst my 3DS's which is pretty cool

Last edited:
a regular black 3ds xl with a few decals on it LOL. id really love the pink and white one though but i won't be getting another unless it's a new 3ds xl LOL

I used to have the Midnight Purple 3DS, but I just recently upgraded to the New Galaxy New Nintendo 3DS XL. :blush:

Mine is a regular blue 3DS XL. Hey. I might get a New 3DS XL Sun and Moon Pattern this Christmas.

I've got the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition. Kinda thought about getting that Hyrule one a while back ended up skipping it due to funds and just generally not needing it.

i have the original purple 3DS, i got it back in 2013 about a month after new leaf came out (i actually bought the 3ds only because i wanted new leaf, haha) i kind of want to replace it soon but it's so charming, i'm sort of attached to it.

Last edited:
I have the New 3DS XL Hyrule Edition, I think the Majora's Mask one looks a lot better but not worth it now that I had this one.

Ooh! I have two DSes; both new XL. One's the standard metallic blue one and the other is the red Monster Hunter Generations one. I put both of them in cases though since I don't want to damage them :x

Funny thing is my older brothers both use new XL as well (one black and one FE:Fates white xD) but I bought my 11 year old brother a regular size new 3DS, cuz' his hands are small o 3 o

Oh, and I had a non-new XL 3DS that I gave away to a friend. I left my charm on it and I kinda regret that :c

Last edited:
Just bought myself the gorgeous new 3ds galaxy model ; v ; Still have my old purple one, which is one of the original 3ds's. I couldn't not get a purple one again, haha

I have the regular red 3DS XL. I was going to get the red Pokemon XY one but was too embarrassed to ask for it at the store but in the end I'm glad I have a plain one.

I do love the look of the original ACNL version, though!

First I had the silver Mario and Luigi: Dream Team 3DS XL but then the hinge snapped so I transferred my data to a plain red XL, which is the one I use now.

Last edited:
i have a plain black new 3DS XL, and a black 3DS XL with a harry potter charm attached to it

I have a blue 3DS XL that has the clam shell kinda broken but still usuable.

Back