• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you believe in forever?

Do you believe in forever?

• Total voters

Artistra

♥
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Tasty Cake
If you've seen the anime Yu Yu Hakusho, you'll know of the phrase "Forever Fornever". While it's meaning was never stated, as it didn't really have one, fans have their own speculations about what it means.

"Nothing lasts forever" or "We will never have forever" are some ideas, the former was someone else's idea and the latter was mine. But I want to know: do you believe in forever? Do you believe a soul lives on? Do you think love lives on? What are your thoughts on 'forever'?

I mean this on a deep level. Obviously things like bodies and clothing don't last forever.

Last edited:
our reality is merely a hologram transmitted by another dimension. our universe is both eternal and encapsulated in its entirety within a single moment. time is both illusory and inexorable. whether our souls return to Heaven or a spiritual world, or whether we are mere lumps of clay that turn to ash and dust, it is the Way: we all eventually return to whence we came. what all of this means, I don't know, except for one thing:

it will be forever and a day before the Chicago Cubs ever win another World Series. (sorry, Thunder).

I feel like forever is real, like in terms of soul mates and stuff, I honestly feel like there are people who are two halfs of something that seek each other out life after life and thusly can be together forever, not necessarily as lovers, but as two things that need each other to survive. There is a comic that showed it beautifully that I wish I could find. But in one life you could be the flower and they could be the bee, in another life you could be their sister or mother, next life you might be their cat and only friend, but life after life you seek one another out and become whole.

time, yea but other things like love? not really
Eventually you and your partner will die - and with that your love dies. Kind of romantic that way tbh

Last edited:
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.

Relationships, it's a very relative thing, but with life, I think you live forever. Just maybe not the same experience each time, or once.

Nope. I'm a firm believer of the phrase "everything is temporary", whether it be on a deep level or not.

Nope. We are not forever, we're actually extremely temporary, when we die, that's it. Our body rots, nothing lives on, I don't believe in "souls".

Love lives on until someone dies or no longer loves that person, but it does not live on after you die. (obviously people can still love you after you die, but you're dead so you can't love anything (this is all just my opinion))

We are insignificant and useless. Then finally, your existence is erased and you are forgotten in time.

Last edited:
Everyone's opinions are very interesting o: I never thought about it in some of these ways

Reality is an illusion. The universe is a hologram. We are all forgotten at some point. The only sole purpose we have is to keep the human race going.

I believe in forever ... For me, there are many many things that are forever and ever without end ❤️

forever is a rly long time and i don't rly.,, think... anything we know of lasts forever. like, literally forever. forever as in "lol it took you forever to get here, you're 30 minutes late!!" isn't really literally forever, nor is the kind of forever that people talk about when it comes to love. because in my opinion u can only love someone.... as long as u live... and if you're dead then Sorry but your love isn't rly.. there.. idk .

everything we do is crystallized in time, but we are forgotten. people are just cages of blood and flesh at the end of it, while memories are what really stays. so, forever for humans doesn't exist, but forever for time does. although time is a concept but lets not get into that at 12 am.

i don't believe in 'souls' or anything like that, so i don't believe in forever. there's a day where we came into existence, so i believe that there must also be a day where we stop existing (the day we die).

Very deep question you have here ;)
Well I don't know what I believe on this subject really....I can't imagine there not being a forever? Just no longer being here? Is it just like when you're in a deep sleep without dreams and you just never wake up? Just never experience a conscious mind again?
I believe things like love can last forever. Not for everybody....I find some people claim they love somebody when actually they don't know what it really means. I think if you love somebody you always will or you never did. I think it's the one thing that doesn't have an end...
It's about the only thing I can think of that I am sure will last forever though

Back