What types of museums do you like visiting?

What’s your favorite type of museum?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
If you ever had a trip to a museum, which museums would you be most interested into?

Science museums are strictly about scientific subjects. Zoos don’t count, but aquariums do.

Art museums have the art projects on display.

All of the other museums count as history museums. Even technology museums and the Sherlock Holmes museum count as history museums since they’re about the history of something.

Art museums. No hate to the science and history museums but there's no way I am retaining any of that visit, let alone the information I supposedly learned while there. Aquariums are amazing but I don't consider them science museums.

I just love getting up close to famous works of art and seeing them in person, seeing all the brushstrokes, thinking about how insane it is they were able to paint/draw/sculpt that in the time before cameras and electricity... It's very impressive! I got a selfie with Van Gogh's The Starry Night when I went to the MoMA 10 years ago, it was almost like meeting a celebrity. Okay I sound very pretentious now so I am gonna end my comment here

I like history museums the most, they're so fascinating! Been to the Smithsonian a few times in DC and I was really mesmerized by the artifacts and dinosaur fossils on display there.

Haven't been to any art and science museums, so I can't say much about them. Though I'd definitely love to visit an art museum as seeing art in-person can be a really memorable experience.

I'm fine with all but if I have to choose I guess science?
Microbiology is awesome and I like learning and observing systems work together.

I saw someone mention aquariums.... And I love aquariums whether dedicated or just a section in a zoo. I also like the reptile section in a zoo.

I like them all, really. I always try to go to a few museums when I'm travelling to a new place. But Art Museums are probably my favourite, I love being able to view famous artworks in person.

I’m not a fan of museums in general, but I’d choose art museums from this particular list. Aquariums are okay, but I don’t get much joy aside from interacting with the sea creatures.

This is a tough one- I like learning in general and find something to enjoy about all kinds of museums. I think I like history museums most though.

My favorite kind of museums are science museums. I find science to be more fun to learn about than history. I’m especially interested into geology and ecology. Astronomy is good.

History museums come in second place. While I did enjoy the Native American hall from the Houston Museum of Natural Science (which has been there since forever), I’m not in fond of traditional history museums. But stuff like technology museums and museums based on a brand would be more interesting. They may not be traditional history museums, but they are history museums, especially if a certain brand (like Star Wars) is a long-runner.

Art museums would come in last. I may enjoy art, but I’m not very interested into seeing older arts.

I was going to say art museum, but then I remembered that I haven’t visited a museum since elementary. That may not be accurate anymore.

However, I can listen to several episodes of history podcasts while I clean. Those episodes are usually 30 min-1 hr long. Maybe I would like a history museum more now as an adult.

It was a hard choice!

I love the sciences, but I'm not sure how much I would get out of a science museum, depending on the branch of science. So, I went with history museums! I can definitely learn a lot there, and it'd be unlikely that I'd know anything in that field. Ideally, a mix of both history and science would be really nice!

I also like art museums/art galleries, but the last art gallery I went to was a little underwhelming. I wouldn't mind appreciating a different one!

I picked history museums for the poll, but I'd say history and science museums interest me about the same amount. Art museums are fine, but I wouldn't really seek them out

Voted history as it's always a subject I've found interesting and there are a lot of different history museums to learn something new and fascinating, though I do also really enjoy visiting science museums as they're often enjoyable and cool to look around.
I visited quite a few art museums during my school years and recently on a trip to Rome visited the Vatican museum and saw many amazing pieces of art but overall it would be my last choice of the three.

I'm a history nerd, so naturally history museums are my favorite. Although that would definitely include historical art in museums.

I went to the big museums in Washington D.C. many, many years ago. Loved them all. Hope to return as I am planning on moving closer to there.

History Museums for me. I remember visiting the Natural History Museum in London as a very little kid on a school trip, and I still remember some of it. The only museums I've been to more recently are pop up gaming ones, which still might fall into the category of history more than science, since the main focal points of the ones I visited were the in-progress artworks and screenshots of how the game looked in the early stages.

I love science museums (and aquariums) the most by a long shot. I have a special interest in taxidermy and the preservation of insects and I've seen some incredible collections of insects at animals and natural science museums. The Exquisite Creatures exhibit I saw at OMSI was one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had.
I also got to go to the Harvard Museum of Natural History in Boston this year and that was amazing as well, best overall museum I've seen.

Last edited:
I've never went to a dedicated art museum before, but I'd love to someday!

Between the other two options, my favorite are history museums. I went to a single science museum multiple times throughout my childhood and I think I just kind of got burnt out. They are really cool though and tend to be very hands on!
I've visit all kinds of history museums and exhibits while on my random travels across the country though. I usually visit ones about local communities or a specific thing the state/area is known for. Some are insightful and others comedic, I like the variety and learning things about the local culture!

My favorite subject (and my major) is History, but Science museums consistently have more interesting and fun exhibits in my experience. Maybe I haven't been to very many cool History museums though!

Definitely history museums for me. I love learning about history and find it fascinating to be up close to real items from important events knowing that it is actually from that day and not some copy.

Art museums would probably be my least favourite of the three. I'm just not really that interested in artwork and I don't think I will ever be able to understand abstract art at all, which there seems to be a lot of in art museums.

Back