• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokémon Anime Discussion

I'm currently in the second season of Black and White. I didn't mind Skyla in the games but she's a bit of a jerk at first for not doing actual battles just to give herself more time to go flying in the anime. Just glad Ash and Co got her to battle again after Ash won his 6th badge.

I finished Gen 1 and 2 but I'm hoping to watch the Gen 2 movies before starting Gen 3. Tough finding them online though.

The Xy anime is amazing, I haven't watched the anime since the Sinnoh anime ended, (saddest goodbye of all) and this has made me watch it again, it's amazing and interesting. Sawyer is such a passionate character and I like the character development, I love Alains character development too, these two are easily the most interesting characters I've seen in the anime. I love the the squad Ash has too. The writers have done extremely well this time. Very glad. c:

I watched the most recent episode yesterday and I have to say I love how all these characters are getting involved in the team flare arc, even Steven Stone is there. o_O

So hype!!!

I thought Ash was going to lose (like every other time) and I see why people thought he would win the league, I think he has another chance to get into the other league, right?

The Xy anime is amazing, I haven't watched the anime since the Sinnoh anime ended, (saddest goodbye of all) and this has made me watch it again, it's amazing and interesting. Sawyer is such a passionate character and I like the character development, I love Alains character development too, these two are easily the most interesting characters I've seen in the anime. I love the the squad Ash has too. The writers have done extremely well this time. Very glad. c:

I watched the most recent episode yesterday and I have to say I love how all these characters are getting involved in the team flare arc, even Steven Stone is there. o_O

So hype!!!

I thought Ash was going to lose (like every other time) and I see why people thought he would win the league, I think he has another chance to get into the other league, right?

Real talk tho, are the filler episodes in this season decent

Just started the last season of Black and White. Getting close to starting X and Y finally! (I'm at about where the anime was currently when I started watching all the way back at season one indigo league).

Kinda (pleasantly) surprised that Team Rocket seems to have gone back to normal about halfway through the last Black and White season. They aren't as serious as they were starting in Unova and are back to their old lame schemes and silliness.

Them just randomly showing up in episode and starting off with their original and best motto: Prepare for Trouble! Make it Double! Etc. Took me by surprise but it was great! Their motto has just been meh since it first changed back in Hoenn. Super glad to see this change back. It's been way overdue.

Kinda (pleasantly) surprised that Team Rocket seems to have gone back to normal about halfway through the last Black and White season. They aren't as serious as they were starting in Unova and are back to their old lame schemes and silliness.

Them just randomly showing up in episode and starting off with their original and best motto: Prepare for Trouble! Make it Double! Etc. Took me by surprise but it was great! Their motto has just been meh since it first changed back in Hoenn. Super glad to see this change back. It's been way overdue.

Yeah Team Rocket is really messy early in the BW anime. They were meant to have some punch up with Team Plasma after the Venipede episode or something, but then there were tsunamis or earthquakes in Japan, and the episodes got delayed and never aired, and it just made the BW anime seem really choppy since one of their main arcs from early on never got to air.

I still don't understand why out of all the reasons they could choose to send Ash to Aloha it was school

I hope we get more expansion on Team Rocket's stories. In my opinion, they're a lot more interesting than the good guys, and I think they worked a lot harder than Ash ever has to achieve their goals. I hope that one day they both quit and become trainers.

Has anyone posted anything about the upcoming Pokemon Generations Anime special?

I've lost all interest in Ash. **** him.

I'm happy to have finally reached the beginning of the X and Y anime, but looking ahead to the new Sun and Moon anime I'm really not liking the new animation style at all. :/ The change from Diamond and Pearl to Black and White took awhile to get used to, but it was a nice update of the old style. While the Sun and Moon style looks completely different. Really not liking it so far.

The Sun and Moon Ash looks awful, I feel like this is whole season is going to be awful!

I hope this is a mini series or something...

I watched the conclusion of the Team Flare arc today and it was absolutely remarkable! I can't wait for the subs to drop. That truly was a treat to watch and I'm really going to miss the Kalos series so much.

On the note of the new series, the Sun/Moon Anime's animation is different, to say the least, but I'll give it a chance. If the upcoming games are anything to go by, we could be in for some stories going all over the place with Ultra Beasts, Team Skull/Aether Foundation, Island Challenges, Forms, etc. I'm hyped. Ash is going to school so maybe he will learn not to lose in the Finals of the League. :'))

I watched the conclusion of the Team Flare arc today and it was absolutely remarkable! I can't wait for the subs to drop. That truly was a treat to watch and I'm really going to miss the Kalos series so much.
I feel like asking you is a bad idea because you're heavily bias but is the XY anime even worth watching? I watched the first 5 or so episodes and I just got bored and lost interest. I do plan on watching it one day but I just need to get motivated, and everything I've seen doesn't interest me, or motivate me to watch it at all..

Basically, I don't care that much about storyline since they're often weak and boring (though I've read in numerous places the XY/XYZ does a better job at developing SL's), I care more about Pokemon development/characters catching Pokemon/Pokemon learning new attacks, etc...

Reason why I loved Gen 4 and 5 anime so much was because Ash constantly kept catching Pokemon and stuff, and I found it more interesting to watch - but everything I've seen from Gen 6 so far, there's barely nothing (iirc, Ash doesn't get a full team until the league, it takes him forever to catch Pokemon, Jessie/James only catch one each, Clemont and Serena catch like 2 Pokemon), and I just don't want to watch it when, from what I've seen, barely includes anything I remotely care about.

I also feel like the lack of Pokemon included in Gen 6 is hindering me. I feel like after a while all the Pokemon will debut and it will just get repetitive.

So pls give opinion as least bias as possible thanks!!

I do think the XY/Z anime is definitely worth watching. I could see why you lost interest in it, as it kind of has a slow start, but it gets back on track pretty quickly. The storylines are indeed worthy of the hype. Notably Froakie's journey, the Goomy saga, Ash-Greninja saga, and Team Flare arc being the highlights of this storytelling. Character development is handled great, especially when it comes to Ash. The whole Kalos gang just has a great chemistry. Clemont and Serena get great focus until their star fizzles out after respective arcs. Pokemon development is handled pretty well but gets rather lazy as XYZ series begins, as the focus shifts heavily on Ash-Greninja and the mystery of Zygarde. However, there is a lot of loveable Pokemon in this series and it's a joy to see them interact with each other. The filler episodes are hit or miss, but they're mainly on the good side. As for the number of Kalos Pokemon, I can see how 70ish of them could be a turnoff. However, with great storytelling, XY/Z manages to make up for the lack of pokemon. The storylines, the endearing cast, the charcter development, the Pokemon, the great fillers, and I didn't even mention the battles! The series is truly something special and is shaping up to be one of my favorites. I hope you find it in you to watch it soon and I will hold your hand through it!!

I feel like asking you is a bad idea because you're heavily bias but is the XY anime even worth watching? I watched the first 5 or so episodes and I just got bored and lost interest. I do plan on watching it one day but I just need to get motivated, and everything I've seen doesn't interest me, or motivate me to watch it at all..

Basically, I don't care that much about storyline since they're often weak and boring (though I've read in numerous places the XY/XYZ does a better job at developing SL's), I care more about Pokemon development/characters catching Pokemon/Pokemon learning new attacks, etc...

Reason why I loved Gen 4 and 5 anime so much was because Ash constantly kept catching Pokemon and stuff, and I found it more interesting to watch - but everything I've seen from Gen 6 so far, there's barely nothing (iirc, Ash doesn't get a full team until the league, it takes him forever to catch Pokemon, Jessie/James only catch one each, Clemont and Serena catch like 2 Pokemon), and I just don't want to watch it when, from what I've seen, barely includes anything I remotely care about.

I also feel like the lack of Pokemon included in Gen 6 is hindering me. I feel like after a while all the Pokemon will debut and it will just get repetitive.

So pls give opinion as least bias as possible thanks!!

XY is worth the watch but its just down to viewers opinion. But for you to understand what is going on in XYZ, you have to watch XY and the 4 mega evolution acts cause XYZ is when the two meet and advance together. But definitely worth the watch!

Back