Villager Popularity List - Updated

Oh wow Erik is that popular? I have him moving out but I don't see many people ask for him. Would be awesome if I could trade him for Rosie or Mitzi...

When is the next update coming, Chrystina? I hope the wait isn't too much longer.

With the whole amiibo update hopefully it too much more difficult to update this D:

unfortunately the amiibo update has made updating this 1000x more difficult. a lot of information all at once, along with hearing different things (so and so can/can't be traded etc), and it kind of overwhelmed me to the point where I just logged off for the week x___x. but I'm back.. and really going to try and get this thing updated, since it's been over a month, it's long overdue and I feel bad for prolonging this. My apologies <3 ):

unfortunately the amiibo update has made updating this 1000x more difficult. a lot of information all at once, along with hearing different things (so and so can/can't be traded etc), and it kind of overwhelmed me to the point where I just logged off for the week x___x. but I'm back.. and really going to try and get this thing updated, since it's been over a month, it's long overdue and I feel bad for prolonging this. My apologies <3 ):

Ahh don't feel bad. This guide is great, but it's a luxury, not a necessity. No matter how much people use it, or think it's important, the site would not burn up in flames without a popularity guide. That said, you also have a life of your own, and I'm sure that this guide is just one more thing to stress about. I know some people are impatient, but make sure you take care of yourself first, no matter what anyone else says. A lot of us are grateful to have someone who'd dedicate so much time and work to making this guide in the first place, and we understand. Take care, and I look forward to the next update, whenever you feel like updating. <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

WE look forward to the new update lol

woah, I have three tier 1 villagers
Molly who was a starting, Rosie and Stitches from my amiibo cards that i got w/acaf.
also i got kabuki recently. Didn't he used to be more popular?

woah, I have three tier 1 villagers
Molly who was a starting, Rosie and Stitches from my amiibo cards that i got w/acaf.
also i got kabuki recently. Didn't he used to be more popular?

Kabuki used to be yes. he dropped dramatically past few updates :c

updated OP with the villagers that will be tradeable, eventually they will be included within the tiers. Motivated to get an update done tonight/tomorrow morning ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

If I were to guess the tiers of the returning villagers by looks:

Tier 1:
Ketchup
Vivian

Tier 2:
Cleo
Julia
Maddie
Raddle? (I've seen multiple people say he's cool)
Stella
Sylvana
Tasha

Tier 3:
Bea
Claude
Dobie
Ellie
Hopkins
Louie
Olive
Paolo

Tier 4:
Billy
Candi
Hornsby
Huck
Norma
Piper
Sandy
Sprocket
Tybalt
Ursala
Wade

Tier 5:
Admiral
Bitty
Boots
Boris
Boyd
Buzz
Carrie
Cashmere
Gonzo
Ike
Jacob
Leopold
Maggie
Murphy
Plucky
Rex
Snooty
Spike
Stu
Tad
Weber

That was fun. Did you like my prediction? Sounds true to me.

Tier 1:
Ketchup
Vivian

Tier 2:
Cleo
Julia
Maddie
Stella
Sylvana
Tasha

Tier 3:
Bea
Claude
Dobie
Ellie
Hopkins
Louie
Olive
Paolo

Tier 4:
Billy
Candi
Hornsby
Huck
Norma
Piper
Sandy
Sprocket
Tybalt
Ursala
Wade

Tier 5:
Admiral
Bitty
Boots
Boris
Boyd
Buzz
Carrie
Cashmere
Gonzo
Ike
Jacob
Leopold
Maggie
Murphy
Plucky
Rex
Snooty
Spike
Stu
Tad
Weber

I think Julia could be Tier One :0. Either way nice prediction. ;)

Tier 1:
Ketchup
Vivian

Tier 2:
Cleo
Julia
Maddie
Stella
Sylvana
Tasha

Tier 3:
Bea
Claude
Dobie
Ellie
Hopkins
Louie
Olive
Paolo

Tier 4:
Billy
Candi
Hornsby
Huck
Norma
Piper
Sandy
Sprocket
Tybalt
Ursala
Wade

Tier 5:
Admiral
Bitty
Boots
Boris
Boyd
Buzz
Carrie
Cashmere
Gonzo
Ike
Jacob
Leopold
Maggie
Murphy
Plucky
Rex
Snooty
Spike
Stu
Tad
Weber

omg I love them. and they seem pretty dang accurate!! :)

Wow I never knew Ruby was that popular 0: I just took her on a whim from the camping tent haha.

bump~
(and a short mini update thing? before actual update is posted)
the 50 new villagers possibly will be included before December 2nd (although not with today's update), since they are very sought out after already.
I kinda had to re-do the way I collect all the info in my google sheet, since the "request a villager/amiibo card" threads are more popular than cycling threads now (rip). and because of this, there are barely any villagers being voided.. which kinda changes everything, lmao.

Quick look though, now that I've finally caught up, wolves and some of the cat's are crazy popular~ and of all the new villagers, Ketchup is the most sought out after (surprisingly imo..)

Anyways, couple more hours and it'll be done / posted <3

Last edited:
I have a feeling the new villagers, coming out later will either be Tier 1, because people want them, or tier 5 because people bought them,so they are not as popular

bump~
the 50 new villagers possibly will be included before December 2nd (although not with today's update), since they are very sought out after already.
I kinda had to re-do the way I collect all the info in my google sheet, since the "request a villager/amiibo card" threads are more popular than cycling threads now (rip). and because of this, there are barely any villagers being voided.. which kinda changes everything, lmao.

Quick look though, now that I've finally caught up, wolves and some of the cat's are crazy popular~ and of all the new villagers, Ketchup is the most sought out after (surprisingly imo..)

Yes, Ketchup will be reign supreme :)

bump~

Oh boi. The guide's probably going to change a lot. I can't even imagine how hard that's gonna be on you :/

Good luck Chrys! We're super excited to see how things have really changed in the VTP. A lot definitely has, in a short period of time. Since it's way easier for people to get villagers now, and there are 50 other villagers now. That's a big number. Also, I noticed in your signature that you also have a favorite villager returning. I hope you find him soon hehe. He's really cute ^^

Updates
> google doc with gathered info <

Increases:
tier 1
Stitches #1 [from #13]
Diana #2 [from #5]
Julian #3 [from #10]
Ankha #5 [from #12]
Merengue #11 [from #15]
* Kyle #13 [from #8 tier 2]
* Maple #14 [from #1 tier 2]
* Chief #15 [from #5 tier 2]