• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Happened to My Ratings?

Chiana

Bells
Switch
2252-4095-1731
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Orange (Fruit)
Classic Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Pear (Fruit)
I have not looked at my own ratings for a while. But when I looked only 3 of the 34 uploaded are available to check the ratings for. Some of the ones that had a few more ratings that the others are gone now. Do they get deleted after a while? Do I have to upload them again? That will start the ratings all over from zero though, right? It is not that I am totally hyped on ratings. I really only had a few. I was just wondering what happened or if I should have revisited some of the homes or something.

I wanted to add that I have a friend in my favorites that I tried to visit. Her total rating score is there but there are no houses to visit.

Last edited:
This is very similar to what happened to me. I haven't re-uploaded them yet, but I would presume the individual project ratings will start from zero, but then the total number of ratings you've accumulated stays the same. It also can't be a re-visiting thing, because the prior week my sister had visited my houses, and they had been sitting on the network (and were not highly visited) for like 3 months. And it wasn't based on popularity, mine were deleted from oldest-newest after ~3 months has passed of them being on the network.

This is very similar to what happened to me. I haven't re-uploaded them yet, but I would presume the individual project ratings will start from zero, but then the total number of ratings you've accumulated stays the same. It also can't be a re-visiting thing, because the prior week my sister had visited my houses, and they had been sitting on the network (and were not highly visited) for like 3 months. And it wasn't based on popularity, mine were deleted from oldest-newest after ~3 months has passed of them being on the network.

Mine do seem to have disappeared from my ratings oldest to newest generally, but with so many gone and only a few left, it is hard to tell if it worked like that precisely. Also, I do not know whether they disappeared a few at a time or all at once.

It was not based on popularity as my most popular are gone. (By "most popular" I still mean only a few votes and none over 40.) One of the remainders has picked up quite a few though.

I guess they had been on the network a while but some longer than others. Maybe there is a time limit? One of my friends lost every one she had posted in her ratings.

I do not want to have this happen again though if it can be avoided, but am still clueless about this.

Well, darn! I have no idea what is happening. Two more are gone from my rating listing. It says I have 34 uploaded but only 3 appear now.

Same thing has been happening to me.

I do not have an exact answer, but I heard that Nintendo has been purging New Leaf Dream Addresses from their servers except the ones that have been VERY recently updated, and that they might already be purging HHD codes from when the game first came out.

I also have been checking on my friends who I know have HHD houses uploaded and I can't try to visit. I see their score but no homes to visit.

I hope we get some answers!

Is there a department or email address at Nintendo where I could write to ask about this? I would really like not to lose the next 34 homes that I post.

I was going to make a thread about this too but I see you guys are having the same problem. I've lost about 75% of the projects I uploaded to the Happy Home Network, I wouldn't care so much but a few of them had really high ratings and it bums me out to see that they've been removed. I really hope Nintendo can resole this in some way.

Last edited:
I wondering why four of the houses I've done were missing :(

I was trying to think of the variables involved. I was busy in January and just missed the challenge submission by a few minutes. But I did play a little. So I think it probably is not length of time away either. It was a month or so though since I last uploaded a new house I think.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was going to make a thread about this too but I see you guys are having the same problem. I've lost about 75% of the projects I uploaded to the Happy Home Network, I wouldn't care so much but a few of them had really high ratings and it bums me out to see that they've been removed. I really hope Nintendo can resole this in some way.

It surprises me that there are not a lot of people up in arms about this. So, I can only think it is a small group that is affected. Possibly it is random. However, since my real life best friend also lost all of hers, I think it would be unlikely we were both randomly hit by this. It cannot be by region because my best friend lives more than two hours away from me.

I used a different DS for a few days, but it worked fine when I went back to the usual one for the rest of the month.

I am just thinking out loud here, running through ideas in the hope that we might come up with something.

I bet it's the same thing that's been happening in Super Mario Maker where less popular designs are being booted off the network for storage constraints- that's what Nintendo's claiming on Super Mario Maker at least, they're probably doing the same thing with HHD where they only have so much space for so many uploads total.

Oh dear! This gets worse and worse. The fourth or fifth home in what was left of my submitted homes had about 300 votes in each category and added some new votes as recently as yesterday. It is gone this morning. Also, my newest place was uploaded the day before yesterday. I know one of my friends visited and rated it yesterday. It is gone this morning from my ratings. So it is not just chronological order, nor is it by frequency of visits or votes. I can understanding older or less visited designs eventually dropping off the my uploaded homes, but even the one with the most votes and the newest one disappeared today. This is very frustrating and upsetting as I now have no idea how to keep my creations online.

Sounds like a bug, which is entirely possible considering the HHD Network just came out in the last patch. Maybe they need another patch to fix it, or haven't figured out a way to fix it yet. Maybe they need to upgrade their server.. I'm sure TONS of people, especially in Japan, upload homes every minute.. Bound to cause issues in the beginning :)

I noticed the same thing happening to me today. I got the game for Christmas, I upload a room every day, maybe every other day, and now it appears that the first 2 or 3 codes that I uploaded are gone. The affected rooms had no ratings so it wouldn't be a big deal to just upload them again, but I'm dreading the day when some of my rooms with ratings start to disappear. :/

Sounds like a bug, which is entirely possible considering the HHD Network just came out in the last patch. Maybe they need another patch to fix it, or haven't figured out a way to fix it yet. Maybe they need to upgrade their server.. I'm sure TONS of people, especially in Japan, upload homes every minute.. Bound to cause issues in the beginning :)

That's a good point.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I noticed the same thing happening to me today. I got the game for Christmas, I upload a room every day, maybe every other day, and now it appears that the first 2 or 3 codes that I uploaded are gone. The affected rooms had no ratings so it wouldn't be a big deal to just upload them again, but I'm dreading the day when some of my rooms with ratings start to disappear. :/

Yeah, it was the one house with ratings of about 300 in each category that really did me in. Apart from that, I think I have hit the big time when I reach a 12 LOL. I am not in the game for the ratings - it is just kind of a fun feature for me and a couple of my friends. But I was quite pleased with the one with the 300 ratings. (I have no ides why that one, but it was a cool spa with a couple of customized designs that I left as shareable.) The other scary loss was that my most recent one went down in a few hours. I know it was up for sure because my friend visited and rated it. However, some slightly older ones stayed up. Very strange.

One day I just had 4 projects left. The next day after adding 1 it was the only one left.

The Japanese players were adding a lot of projects when we got the game. All of our projects didn't get removed early on in the game. Think it's all the new players that got it for Christmas and now it's overloaded with codes that Nintendo isn't keeping up with.
I went into popular work and the high score players just have 10 or less projects on display.

Every player should have been allow to favorite some projects like the Happy Showcase in ACNL. Each player should at least be allow to have 5 projects that they love on display. I upset about my double moving theatre going missing. I plan on going back and adding a song on the wall to see what happens.

A friend that I favorite projects are all gone. She hasn't played the game in along time so she thinks she got timed out.

Last edited:
I lost all of my HHD posts as well. They weren't amazing, but I worked hard on them. =[

I totally get the feeling. Some of mine were better than others, but I liked what I had done. I see some on the network that really have me in awe, but I was still happy with my own designs and I did work hard on them, too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One day I just had 4 projects left. The next day after adding 1 it was the only one left.

The Japanese players were adding a lot of projects when we got the game. All of our projects didn't get removed early on in the game. Think it's all the new players that got it for Christmas and now it's overloaded with codes that Nintendo isn't keeping up with.
I went into popular work and the high score players just have 10 or less projects on display.

Every player should have been allow to favorite some projects like the Happy Showcase in ACNL. Each player should at least be allow to have 5 projects that they love on display. I upset about my double moving theatre going missing. I plan on going back and adding a song on the wall to see what happens.

A friend that I favorite projects are all gone. She hasn't played the game in along time so she thinks she got timed out.

If there were specific guidelines, that would indeed help. Knowing what to expect and when would be nice. A time limit like three or fours months might be helpful. I especially like your idea of being about to favourite a few of our own projects.

Back