• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Super Mario Maker Discussion!

lars708

Dutch PPCS Regional no. 1
Bells
Switch
3952-4112-1626
Pikachu Easter Egg
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Lump of Coal
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Discuss about Super Mario Maker here!

To start off, i really would like to see new things to build levels with in the game, like slopes! Or even the ability to let mushroom platforms dance! (I always liked those levels in New Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. Wii)

Last edited:
Someone has posted a video on YouTube with all of the different Super Mario Maker costumes.
I have decided to kindly make a handy guide to show which amiibo appear at the different timestamps of the video.

Warning! Spoilers Ahead...
Please do not click on the link or the below spoiler if you don't want the amiibo costumes spoiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=36&v=A5u4OZQnI2U

Super Smash Bros. Collection

0:06 Mario
0:12 Peach
0:15 Luigi
0:19 Bowser
0:25 Bowser Jr.
0:30 Yoshi
0:35 Wario
0:41 Rosalina
0:46 Dr. Mario
0:49 Donkey Kong
0:55 Diddy Kong
0:59 Kirby
1:02 King Dedede
1:07 Meta Knight
1:09 Pit
1:12 Palutena
1:15 Dark Pit
1:20 Mega Man
1:27 Samus
1:35 Zero Suit Samus
1:40 R.O.B
1:45 Marth
1:50 Ike
1:53 Lucina
1:57 Robin
1:59 Pikachu
2:04 Charizard
2:09 Jigglypuff
2:12 Mewtwo
2:17 Lucario
2:21 Greninja
2:24 Olimar
2:33 Link
2:38 Sheik
2:42 Zelda
2:45 Ganondorf
2:50 Toon Link
2:54 Shulk
2:57 Ness
3:03 Lucas
3:07 Wii Fit Trainer
3:12 Villager
3:19 Captain Falcon
3:22 Mr. Game & Watch
3:29 Sonic the Hedgehog
3:37 Duck Hunt Duo
3:43 PAC-MAN
3:49 Little Mac
3:52 Fox
3:55 Falco

Super Mario Collection

4:11 Toad
4:13 Silver Mario
4:17 Gold Mario

Yarn Yoshi Collection

4:44 Green Yarn Yoshi
4:46 Pink Yarn Yoshi
4:49 Light-Blue Yarn Yoshi
4:51 Mega Yarn Yoshi

Animal Crossing Collection

5:00 Tom Nook
5:03 K.K. Slider
5:22 Sable
5:36 Isabelle
5:38 Digby
5:41 Cyrus
5:46 Reece
5:48 Lottie

Animal Crossing Special NPC Cards

5:33 Isabelle

Splatoon Collection

6:01 Inkling Squid
6:05 Inkling Boy
6:09 Inkling Girl

Chibi-Robo Collection

6:19 Chibi-Robo

Last edited:
I already pre-purchased the game on eShop almost a month ago in anticipation of playing the game. Aside from missing certain elements from the other games, this might be my last platforming Mario title for years to come, since there's practically unlimited levels.

Since most Miiverse users aren't quite bright, expect most of the levels to be pretty terrible by design. Heavy reliance on trials and errors, excessive amount of precision platforming, excessive use and/or loads of mean placements of invisible blocks *hears ProtonJon groaning* and star-begging levels. Those are the things that I'm not looking forward for, but there are great levels thrown in for good measure too. Rest assured that I'll mostly make levels that are actually enjoyable, and perhaps also levels that revolves around a bad level design appropriately labelled as "Bad Level Design" for the sake of educating players why these are annoying and how to make them bearable.

I'm actually super excited for this game and idk why.

Probably because I had that Mario and the mini's game or whatever it's called on my ds years ago but I had no internet so I couldn't actually play other peoples levels.

But the amiibo / unlockable costumes make me even more excited, Celeste is playable so I'm happy. Maybe the other playable animal crossing characters will be wave 2 of the animal crossing amiibo (Resetti, Rover, Timmy + Tommy, Blathers, Celeste, Kapp'n, Kicks) but they might be unlocked using the Happy home designer cards?

Nikki is a nice touch, I remember Swapnote and made a lot of friends using it when it was still available.
But the best playable character is the Wii balance board

I'm also looking forward to learning all of the characters death / win sounds for some reason

Last edited:
It looks great! I plan on getting it when it comes out in stores in about a week from now. :)

It looks great! I plan on getting it when it comes out in stores in about a week from now. :)
It looks great! I plan on getting two of it when it comes out in stores in about a week from now. :)

Do you see what I did there Ryu? lol

Last edited:
It looks great! I plan on getting two of it when it comes out in stores in about a week from now. :)

Do you see what I did there Ryu? lol

Haha, sure did. But why do you need 2 copies of a GAME?? Don't you only do that for Amiibos?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Haha, sure did. But why do you need 2 copies of a GAME?? Don't you only do that for Amiibos?? :rolleyes:
They are both the edition with the 8-Bit Mario Classic Colours amiibo.

Did you mean to bold the words "two of" to differentiate our posts? XD

Last edited:
Oh i just thought of new level themes, like vulcano, snow and beach. Those were major themes in newer installments and i honestly am quite disappointed that they are not there. Same for some other things. I also would love to be able to create those hidden areas, which become visible when you get in them (dunno what they are called but i liked that mechanic a lot).

EDIT:

Perhaps they could make theme DLC? Coming with new objects for each pack?

For example: Beach pack would come with: Huckit Crab enemy, that water geyser thingy, Peguin Suit power up, Mini Mushroom power up (because you can walk on water with it) Mini warp pipes, and Spike enemy. I would buy that for sure.

Last edited:
I actually pre-ordered this game, even though I haven't pre-ordered anything in a long time. I'm really excited for it and I feel like it will be a lot more fun than just a NSMB game due to community creativity.

Oh i just thought of new level themes, like vulcano, snow and beach. Those were major themes in newer installments and i honestly am quite disappointed that they are not there. Same for some other things. I also would love to be able to create those hidden areas, which become visible when you get in them (dunno what they are called but i liked that mechanic a lot).

EDIT:

Perhaps they could make theme DLC? Coming with new objects for each pack?

For example: Beach pack would come with: Huckit Crab enemy, that water geyser thingy, Peguin Suit power up, Mini Mushroom power up (because you can walk on water with it) Mini warp pipes, and Spike enemy. I would buy that for sure.

That could be interesting.... I'm also surprised they haven't added any of the other worlds' elements from the Super Mario platforming games....

I wasnt gonna get this game coz it doesn't interest me but now it kinda does and i just browsed around for prices and the standard edition is like $64 but then you can get it bundled with the amiibo for an extra $5 which is p good but I don't really want the classic color one I want the modern color one which comes out on Oct 24 so idk !!

I wasnt gonna get this game coz it doesn't interest me but now it kinda does and i just browsed around for prices and the standard edition is like $64 but then you can get it bundled with the amiibo for an extra $5 which is p good but I don't really want the classic color one I want the modern color one which comes out on Oct 24 so idk !!

Lol i also want the modern one but i do not want to wait any longer for the game so i hope that it won't be bundle exclusive.

My Super Mario Maker + Mario (Classic Colours) amiibo Pack + T-Shirt (XL) from Nintendo UK Official Store has been stated to be delivered today. I am hoping that my copy from GAME.co.uk arrives today as well.

EDIT: It has just been delivered. I have my 8-Bit Mario Mario (Classic Colours) amiibo as well.

Last edited:
Back