• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Issue with Thread Titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdchan

Child of Light
Bells
Happy Home Designer Token
Blue Mote of Flame
Togepi Easter Egg
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Rainbow Feather
Yellow Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Yellow Candy
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Whenever I edit the title of my cycling thread to show who is in boxes, the name shows up on the page as:
"Chip's Cycling 2.0 [Boxes: NAME]", as I put the name of the villager moving out.

However, when I look at the Trading Plaza and see the thread, it always says:
"Chip's Cycling 2.0 [Boxes: --]", which is the default for when I'm not cycling.

No matter how many times I refresh the page (or even close out of the site and come back), the title of the thread in the Villager Trading Plaza forum doesn't change. I don't know if this is some issue with my computer, or if it's not showing up for anyone. I can't figure out why it's doing that, and I'm at the point of making a new thread if nobody can see it since that's detrimental to a villager being adopted.

Is there a known issue going on with editing titles?

It could be because that threads over 6 months old, their titles cannot be edited.
The cycling thread was created 11-22-2014 so....perhaps start a new one? :O

It could be because that threads over 6 months old, their titles cannot be edited.
The cycling thread was created 11-22-2014 so....perhaps start a new one? :O

Ah...I did not know that. Guess I'll have to create a new one, yea. >.<
Thanks!

Ah...I did not know that. Guess I'll have to create a new one, yea. >.<
Thanks!

Hey, no! You're not supposed to do that, I don't believe. If you report the thread (or privately contact a member of staff) you can request a thread title change. I'm not sure if, after this, it kind of renews itself, so you'll be able to change it yourself until the next six months have passed, but I know for sure you can request title changes.

Last edited:
Hey, no! You're not supposed to do that, I don't believe. If you report the thread (or privately contact a member of staff) you can request a thread title change. I'm not sure if, after this, it kind of renews itself, so you'll be able to change it yourself until the next six months have passed, but I know for sure you can request title changes.

Oooooh! So there *is* a workaround to the 'uneditable title after 6 months' issue....
Always a delight to learn something new every day - Thanks for the clarification!

I believe it'd be best to just create a new thread in this instance, especially considering you're talking about a cycling thread where you're likely changing the title frequently. Having to constantly PM the staff or report the thread for the sake of a title change would be pretty tedious, and having the staff change the title once definitely doesn't "renew" the thread or negate the six month title lock. I was always under the impression that it's perfectly fine to create a new cycling thread once yours becomes forum ancient, and it was addressed here very recently by the staff. So I'd just close down your old thread and create a new one if I were you. :)

Last edited:
Yes, feel free to just create a new thread in this instance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back