• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Perfect town but villager moving?

Scriptionary

Bells
I've been waiting for Silvia to move out of my town since day one due to bad house placement (her house is smack in the middle of my dream town design, right where I want a PWP to go). She's one of my original villagers so it's been a loooooong wait.

After trying for weeks to achieve perfect town status I am currently on day four. I'm just ten days away from getting the golden watering can - and she chooses TODAY to finally ping me to move out! She says she's leaving on January 13th. That will put me at day eight of perfect town status.

With ten villagers in my town (including Silvia), I'm hoping to find out:

A) If her moving will take me from ten to nine villagers and boot me out of perfect town status (do you have to have all ten the whole time? I've heard some people say it was achievable with nine.).

B) If the vacancy will cause someone new to move in over my trees and bump me out of perfect town status (I'm reaaaally close to the 110 minimum - does anyone know if replacing lost fully grown trees with saplings will still count towards my tree total? Maybe I should start planting replacements now just in case so they have time to grow. I like my current tree spacing but I'd much rather not lose perfect status.).

C) I have the campsite- I am curious to know if new villagers HAVE to live there first or if they can just move straight in. Over my trees.

D) If they do appear in my campsite first and they're a dream villager can I just delay them from moving in until after I have the watering can? I don't want to make any major town design changes until I'm sure it won't mess up my abundant nature/abundant living balance for my perfect town and I don't want new villagers to move in randomly before then and mess up my planned PWP placement.

E) After Silvia leaves, I'd like to place a hold on the spot where her house is so I can build on it later, but I have the same problem: can I do this with a PWP without messing up my nature/living balance?

Thanks!

Last edited:
For the last question, just place some items there, above ground. Hopefully that works. And perfect stats is ache viable with only 9.

Whew, okay thanks! I thought you had to have ten villagers for some reason. :-] I have a really specific town plan in mind but it took me so long to get to perfect status (over 17 PWPs) that I'm afraid to keep building in case I throw it off balance. Again.

And it took so long for Silvia to move that I absolutely do not want anyone moving in until I'm done building my major projects.

Any ideas on how to block off a plot of land without messing up perfect status?

If you're at nine villagers with Sylvia being gone, then you shouldn't have to worry about that. I've always been under the belief that villager ten could only come in by being invited.

So there shouldn't be any need to "block off" anything.

Last edited:
Awesome, thanks! So a new villager will have to go to my campsite. If it's someone I really want in my town, is there a way to keep them in my campsite for a few days until I get the watering can? Anyone know how long they'll stay?

It's usually just for that day, though some people have said they will sometimes (very rarely) stay an extra day.

Actually, if you only have 9 villagers, you can still get the last from other towns. I know this from experience, unfortunately.
To block this, don't connect with anyone over wifi and turn off StreetPass for ACNL.

There's no way to keep someone in your campsite, but I've heard it's more likely they'll return if you talk to them. I can't confirm this, though, as I don't remember it ever working for me. However, it's pretty unlikely you'll get a dream villager in your campsite until you've gotten the can, and on top of that, they don't move in until the second day afterwards, I believe, so if you got one on the 9th day they wouldn't move in until the 11th day. Not sure if you can get one on the 8th day after Silvia's gone, though, if you're going to have someone take her.

Last edited:
Please be aware that he 10th villager's spot (after Sylvia moved out)
could also be filled with a Streetpass move-in / trading with others / visiting someone or having visitors in your town.
In other words, no 'automatic' move-ins like before when you have 8 or less,
BUT villagers' from other people's void would very likely settle in your town, if you streetpass or do any wi-fi tradings.

This 10th villager, from what I've seen and read, is very difficult to evict.

If you don't want to have random voided villagers moving in, perhaps you could consider adopting someone you like from other players?
Plot reset for the new one, so that they can place their houses at a much better spot, instead of on your paths, right in front of the bridges, etc. (they love to do that) XD

I think campers only stay for that day, and there's no option to prolong their stay.
Hope this helps! C:

Yikes, I better turn off StreetPass. I have at least one town I visit regularly- I'll stop until I have the golden can. I was hoping that maybe there's a PWP project that I can use as a placeholder until I can build what I want without throwing my balance off. Maybe a bench?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry, I just saw the post about plot resetting. How do I do that? :)

Oh ok. In that case, do you know if adding PWPs while your town is perfect will mess up status?

As Burumum pointed out, depends on the PWP you choose.
Here is a link that listed the 'good/bad/neutral' PWP, and all the contributing factors in achieving a Perfect Town rating,
maybe you can use that as your reference? (I know I did lol)
http://www.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/How_to_Get_a_Perfect_Town_Rating

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yikes, I better turn off StreetPass. I have at least one town I visit regularly- I'll stop until I have the golden can. I was hoping that maybe there's a PWP project that I can use as a placeholder until I can build what I want without throwing my balance off. Maybe a bench?

Sorry, I just saw the post about plot resetting. How do I do that? :)

I usually placed my town in 'lockdown mode' when there's an open slot.
No one goes in, no one comes out. Better safe than sorry ^^;;

The bench and street lights are always safe bets as a placeholder.
Immensely helpful when plot resetting for villagers, as it forces the plot to not landed within the radius of that PWP.

As for plot resetting, it could be very time consuming and requires some luck and patience.
Some will reset for weeks, while the most I ever go is 3 days.
Here are some links that might explain the process better:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?132270-Plot-Villager-Reset-Trick
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?217701-How-to-plot-reset&highlight=plot+reset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/834dec01d705f93085f87dc4df6a9da7/tumblr_mqc7wiaIwc1qexlafo1_r1_1280.png

Have fun! C:

Last edited:
Thanks! I tried to use a PWP guide but I got stuck. It sounds like you need to keep abundant living and nature PWPs kind of even but I was hugely stacked in favor of living and it was a bench (more abundant living points) that finally took me to perfect. I had:

Cafe
Yellow bench (x2)
Fountain
Wisteria trellis (x2)
Flower bed (x3)
Picnic blanket
Reset Center
Street lamp
Park clock
Cobblestone bridge (x2)
Fence
Campsite
Fairy tale bench

It was the fairy tale bench that made it perfect. Everything else (trees, flowers) stayed the same. So I'm not sure what the right balance is. :(

Help! I just logged back in and Silvia hasn't even moved out yet but there's already a camper in my campground! When I talk to him I don't get the option to tell him not to move in- how do I get rid of Jacques?

Campers appear randomly. They cannot move into your town if you do not invite them and you can't invite them if you already have 10 villagers, even if one is scheduled to move. There is no need to "get rid" of them. Jacques will be gone tomorrow.

As was said previously, the only thing to worry about are random move-ins from wifi or streetpass. Don't go anywhere or invite anyone over until Sylvia is gone and you have placed a PWP as a place holder on her vacated space. After that your best bet would probably to adopt a villager of your choice ... perhaps check out all the cycling threads on the Villager Trading board?

A) If her moving will take me from ten to nine villagers and boot me out of perfect town status (do you have to have all ten the whole time? I've heard some people say it was achievable with nine.).

I always have 10 villagers unless I'm trying to get someone new, so I can't give you an answer. I think it should be possible to get that rating with 9 villagers since the 10th is optional.

B) If the vacancy will cause someone new to move in over my trees and bump me out of perfect town status (I'm reaaaally close to the 110 minimum - does anyone know if replacing lost fully grown trees with saplings will still count towards my tree total? Maybe I should start planting replacements now just in case so they have time to grow. I like my current tree spacing but I'd much rather not lose perfect status.).

Someone moving in on your trees is possible as usual, so if you're worried about this you should be careful. You don't have to replant, you can just plot reset to make sure that villager gets a good spot that isn't over your trees.

C) I have the campsite- I am curious to know if new villagers HAVE to live there first or if they can just move straight in. Over my trees.

The 10th villager doesn't have to live in the campsite first... the campsite just gives you the option to meet new villagers and invite them to move in. There are other ways to get your 10th villager, like inviting them from someone's town or picking them up from the void at random. In those cases, they don't show up in your campsite first (unless there's a big coincidence).

D) If they do appear in my campsite first and they're a dream villager can I just delay them from moving in until after I have the watering can? I don't want to make any major town design changes until I'm sure it won't mess up my abundant nature/abundant living balance for my perfect town and I don't want new villagers to move in randomly before then and mess up my planned PWP placement.

No, villagers on your campsite will only stay there for one day. If you want to keep that villager, you have two options. You can invite them to move in after Sylvia leaves and plot reset, or you can ignore them and campsite reset at a later date to get the camper you want.

E) After Silvia leaves, I'd like to place a hold on the spot where her house is so I can build on it later, but I have the same problem: can I do this with a PWP without messing up my nature/living balance?

I'm not sure but I think you could always place a side character's house on there, I don't think that counts towards the balance at all.

Back