• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

101 Reasons Why Arguments Are Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Tumblr.

I know people sometimes feel like they're of the wrong sex, but it's gotten to the point where it's the cool thing to be.

You can't know for a fact whether or not someone is truly trans - so it's best to act as though they are. If you did the opposite and treated everyone like they're "fakers trying to be cool", then you risk severely hurting someone.

I like to think that it leaves the impression that "I'm not here to entertain you."

You cannot win if you let someone control how you feel when that's exactly what they want. Shut them down, kill their buzz and move on. If that's not something you can do, then I guess we're on different wavelengths.

i wish i could do this, honestly. maybe you could give me advice sometime? i get anon hate sometimes and i feel the need to retaliate because im hurt. would you suggest deleting the message from my inbox and pretending i didnt get it as opposed to responding and giving them that "satisfaction"?

OKAY BEFORE THIS BECOMES AN ARGUMENT ABOUT TRANSGENDER PEOPLE IM CLOSING THIS THREAD.

Thanks for ruining my curiosity, folks.

Half the people I've debated/argued with weren't mature about it. But, neither was I..

THIS THREAD IS TURNING INTO A HUGE ARGUMENT AND I DON'T LIKE IT

@Shiro
I said in the OP that if you think this thread is stupid, please keep it to yourself.
I was curious about a psychological side to the subject.

No... I don't see any arguments.

It doesn't? Maybe I shouldn't have slept through sex ed ?_?

stop stop stop stop

OK

gender is a mental thing. whether or not you're a man is completely wired in your brain. your body doesn't determine that. sex and gender are two entirely different things. theres plenty of places where you can read up on this, just google ****, man

its common misconception that sex and gender are the same thing and that your body determines your gender. this is infact very false, but this is not the place to talk about this AT ALL and you should really just google **** and read up on trans people and stuff like that. im one myself and saying your sex determines your gender is p offensive to me, and its offensive to mephisto as well, and any trans person ever

reindeer said:
Welcome to Tumblr.

I know people sometimes feel like they're of the wrong sex, but it's gotten to the point where it's the cool thing to be.

dammit now im sad

reindeer i thought u were cool ):

i dont think im the wrong sex, i know im a man. my sex has nothing to do with my gender, and trans people dont exclusively exist on tumblr?? theres even actual science evidence that gender identity IS something wired in your brain and your body/the way you were brought up really has nothing to do with it?

THIS THREAD WAS NEVER ABOUT TRANSPHOBIA HOLY **** how did this happen

Half the people I've debated/argued with weren't mature about it. But, neither was I..

THIS THREAD IS TURNING INTO A HUGE ARGUMENT AND I DON'T LIKE IT

@Shiro
I said in the OP that if you think this thread is stupid, please keep it to yourself.
I was curious about a psychological side to the subject.

beary, this is what i meant. this is exactly what i meant when i said it didnt serve a purpose. because i saw this coming.

you see, the reason i said that is because, oftentimes, "complaining about complainers" is just as bad, if you get my meaning? by this, i mean, it stirs the pot. and the pot is being stirred. you make valid points, but i am telling you, this is exactly what i predicted.

I'm being honest! I don't know much about it. I've never met any body like that.

Honestly, you could have, but you just didn't realize it. I mean, in their daily lives, trans people don't go around exclaiming how they're trans - in fact, most hide that fact, for safety reasons.

beary, this is what i meant. this is exactly what i meant when i said it didnt serve a purpose. because i saw this coming.

you see, the reason i said that is because, oftentimes, "complaining about complainers" is just as bad, if you get my meaning? by this, i mean, it stirs the pot. and the pot is being stirred. you make valid points, but i am telling you, this is exactly what i predicted.

If you predicted it, you should've said something in the first place. Then I would've had it closed before anything happened.

HOLY **** this is blowing out of control

Funny how the person who started this thread has incited arguments before.

If you predicted it, you should've said something in the first place. Then I would've had it closed before anything happened.

HOLY **** this is blowing out of control

yea this needs to be closed idefk how the argument was about transphobia but an argument certainly happened and i dont wanna get an infraction bc im 2 cool 2 get introuble

obeying the law is cool, kids

Funny how the person who started this thread has incited arguments before.

That's exactly why I made it.
Funny how the person who commented about the person who made the thread inciting arguments incited the argument in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back