Serious Talk on Sex -Keep It Mature! description about a manga now added

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be extremely careful about the types of condoms you use and buy, especially ones with artificial lubricants such as Trojan Fire & Ice. Trojan Fire & Ice contain mentol, chili pepper extract, and nonoxynol-9 (a chemical that can cause yeast infections). None of these are listed on the ingredients on the box. They are incredibly unsafe. Customer reports say that they can cause extremely painful burning sensations, sometimes lasting for hours. Trojan has gotten in serious trouble with the FDA for this.
yeah i heard about those. i never liked the sound of em either

- - - Post Merge - - -

fire and ice just sounds weird

I would be extremely careful about the types of condoms you use and buy, especially ones with artificial lubricants such as Trojan Fire & Ice. Trojan Fire & Ice contain mentol, chili pepper extract, and nonoxynol-9 (a chemical that can cause yeast infections). None of these are listed on the ingredients on the box. They are incredibly unsafe. Customer reports say that they can cause extremely painful burning sensations, sometimes lasting for hours. Trojan has gotten in serious trouble with the FDA for this.

thank you for the warning <3

chili pepper extract? seriously?
I hate warming sensations anyways so when we got the box of "verities" that had those in it, we just threw those away. XP

yosugay said:
ive heard of the water thing. you can do that if you wish. i dont really check condoms, i just trust that they dont have holes in em lol. thinking about it is making me paranoid now lmao

I just might try it out sometime to see how it works out. No, don't be like me. LOL, like i said it's irrational at my stage.

A sperm is only 55 micrometers ... so a hole would only need to be that big.
The whole water trick wouldn't help find holes that small.
It is best to get trusted brands since off brands are normally made much more cheaply. If you have a big fear, go for the "thicker" condoms. I mean, they really aren't that much thicker. For the female, with lube you can't feel a difference between the condoms. For men it loses some sensitivity... But, to be a little sexist at the moment, if you get to get off every time and I don't, you can stand to loose a little sensitivity. XP

Also... once a condom has been unrolled, to do this "little test", it is much harder to put on...
And it will probably lose some of it's lubrication... making it harder as well.
So, if a condom is annoying as hell to put on or takes forever, it is less likely the mood will be kept and you want to actually continue having sex OR you will opt out on a condom... Which never is a good option in my opinion.

Thanks. I'll keep the thicker condoms in mind! Trusted brands is prob the only ones I'd buy. It's worth the money, haha. Lmao @ your sensitivity comment. x] I agree.

Guys, I said it before and I'll say it again. Keep it work safe. There should be no How To's here, no advocation, just education. This is a really, really touchy subject as it is. Please, try and understand if you want the thread to stay open.

Guys, I said it before and I'll say it again. Keep it work safe. There should be no How To's here, no advocation, just education. This is a really, really touchy subject as it is. Please, try and understand if you want the thread to stay open.

Sorry off topic... but question...

I don't want to sound really stupid... But I don't really understand the keep it work safe. o.o
... since I think "workplace environment safe discussion" when I read that and really, any sexual discussion made in a workplace other than an organized one made by the employer with a speaker only speaking ((which never been to so not sure what is said?)) can lead to a sexual harassment lawsuit. Leading me to think none would be safe in the workplace?
I am legitimately confused and don't want to go into the not safe topics. ^^'

Basically keep it purely professional-level educational.
Makes sense. Said that way makes me thing of "Well, a doctor would say this and would never say that" kind of thing when it comes to facts and answering questions. ^-^
Thanks for clarifying for me!

Now back onto topic. ^-^

tbh my sex education was terrible. it taught me nothing and it was a waste of my time. i learned more about my body online then i learned in class. like people didnt know the difference between cramps and real serious pain in the stomach area. they passed it off as a cramp and later had to go to the hospital.. they turned out to have a medical problem. sex ed never teaches us about our body. now i know that its not a cramp if it hurts in another area after looking about it online. and when teachers did speak about rape, they were laughed at later. i was in 5th grade and one of our 5th grade teachers shared her story of rape and sexual abuse. later the boys laughed at it and made a rape joke about her. i wish they would go more in depth about rape. the boys didnt understand the message after hearing such a story, and i mostly blame it on society for making light of it. they knew what rape was by that age and they didnt care. sex ed needs to teach children not to rape, and i hope they jam it in their heads. like i wasnt even in middle school yet and i would hear comments from classmates who wished to rape a girl because she "has a nice booty" and.. it just makes me so sad. our sex education has taught us nothing. kids in my own class dont know anything about their bodies and cant even name the parts. its really sad.

i hope this is on topic??? idk

Not sure if this has been posted but...

In the UK most counties offer something called a C-Card and they are a godsend to anyone under 25 (the cut-off age varies by county, mine is 25) who need condoms because with this you get them for FREE! Just search "C-Card" and your county and you should find a page which says where the nearest assessor is (e.g. mine was the family planning clinic in Colchester) and where the nearest pharmacy or doctor's surgery is that will accept the card. The system is slightly different in each county, some give you a small card in which you can tick off your preferred condom and lube types or others are a plain key fob.

I got mine after going to a FP to start on the pill and it has really been useful for me and my bf, either of us can use it but it does have a limit on how many times you can use it- I think mine is 12 times- but you just go back to your assessor to get a new one when you reach that limit.

Examples of the websites:
http://www.essexc-card.co.uk/index.htm (Essex)
http://c-card.areyougettingit.com/Default.aspx (Norfolk)
http://www.ccard-lincolnshire.co.uk/ (Lincolnshire)
Etc.

I hope this will be useful to someone!
Just posting this again as it seemed to get lost amongst the sex ed conversation...

Since i live in the UK i was taught sex education in primary school. I know there are consequences for having sex.

Sex Education was not required where I live, but growing up around people who were constantly influenced into doing drugs, having sex, and various amounts of other things that were considered taboo at 15...I learned about sex really easy. Sex is a thing that I've never really understood the appeal of..and still don't.

Also, discussing the sex subject, how do you feel about people are very honest and blunt about their sex life?

Last edited:
The only advice I could give is not to just use condoms! The best form of contraception I have ever used and I love it, the contraceptive implant. 3 years you're covered and with the pill I forgot every day, but the implant is good for people like me, who forget, it did increase apitite though, I was a size 6 uk now a size 10/12 but I'd rather put weight on then have a baby! Safe sex is good sex.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Since i live in the UK i was taught sex education in primary school. I know there are consequences for having sex.

I was taught in primary school too! We had to draw and all that lark. Obviously we wasn't doing anything but getting the information in early can help! Not that it's helped us at all, haven't we got the most underage pregnancies?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry off topic... but question...

I don't want to sound really stupid... But I don't really understand the keep it work safe. o.o
... since I think "workplace environment safe discussion" when I read that and really, any sexual discussion made in a workplace other than an organized one made by the employer with a speaker only speaking ((which never been to so not sure what is said?)) can lead to a sexual harassment lawsuit. Leading me to think none would be safe in the workplace?
I am legitimately confused and don't want to go into the not safe topics. ^^'

Basically keep it as Zr said, strictly education, with this being a forum with all ages, kids can stumble across this and if someone's talking graphically or talking about what they do, kids of ages 13 and even lower would be able to see ^.^ it's just keeping things appropriate so if they do read it, they can be educated for the future ^.^

how do u take ur virginity back
(asking for a friend)

(asking for a friend)

Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginity

Once you have sex, that's it. You're never a virgin again. It's not something you can go buy at a store or win in a lottery. This is why some cultures teach people to save themselves for someone they love.

Your friend can do this though:
An individual can claim to be a born-again virgin, secondary virgin or renewed virgin if, after having engaged in sexual intercourse, s/he makes a commitment not to be sexually active until marriage (or some other point in the future, or indefinitely), whether for religious, moral or practical reasons.
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born-again_virgin

Last edited:
(asking for a friend)

Adol the Red is correct their statements.

But if your friend has a lot of money and wants to go to the extreme, there is a surgery that can "restore" the hymen to a state where it has never been touched. ((given that this is a female we are talking about?))
I'm sorry that I cannot give the name of it or even how to search for the name of it.
I just recall it being on the news a long time ago. Probably 10 or so years ago really. If they could do it 10 years ago, I am sure they can still do it in today's world and better than they could back then. Sorry I can't be much further help than that really.

Born again virgins is very common in this day-n-age.
I have met several people who call themselves that, so it isn't something that is "strange" or "uncommon."
I am familiar with some rape victims that use that term since their virginity was stolen from them.

If your friend is female ((which I'm just assuming since a male being a virgin or not doesn't really have much difference physically?)) and is more worried about tightness that is associated with being a virgin than actually being a virgin.
There is an "experience" that you can "practice" ((I use quotes since I really won't call it that but best way to describe it to someone)) to help build up your muscles on the inside of your body.
It can help with tightness ((which really the vagina can go back to it's normal size almost all the time without the "looseness" people fear... I mean it can push a baby out then go back down, it doesn't stay that big. o.o)) and it is said to improve orgasms.
It is called Kegel Exercises.
If that is part of what your friend is worried about, it maybe something they would like to look into. Or if anyone else is unaware of, they can ask and I'm sure one of us can answer questions on it.

This is a tough one I'd say because there is no specific answer to that. When you feel like you're ready is an important one because of course if you don't feel ready you may regret it. There's no specific age for that because sometimes people in their 20s aren't ready just yet. Some people are never ready and will never have sex because it just doesn't interest them. Another important thing about your first time is staying safe. It's important to know how to use protection properly and making sure that for a girl's first time it doesn't hurt and that you take it slow. A lot of people think it's meant to hurt for girls their first time but it's not. What would also help with girls is masterbating to:
A: Make sure she's loosened up to make it easier for her first time
B: Know what she likes and doesn't like
I wouldn't say this is something girls HAVE to do but I'd say it makes it easier for both parts in this. If you both know what you like you can discuss with each other and guide each other so it makes it more enjoyable and will help the girl produce more natural lubricant, shall we say? So it will always be better to be with someone who will be understanding and take it slow with you.
Think I've covered everything about that question. xD

yeah well I've been doing that actually (my bf encouraged me to) >//> I'm always afraid "it might hurt" but then again, it just depends on the amount of.. whiteness xD well uhh.. I've been with my bf for like, 3 years now and I told him we wont do it until we're married (if we get married anyways) so was that right? Or maybe it bothered him..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back