• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is true love?

Do you believe in true love?

• Yes

Votes: 73 71.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 28.4%

• Total voters
I'm super disappointed in this thread for two reasons:
1. I read the title as "what is love"
2. Following number 1 I saw the thread has a poll and was vastly saddened that the options weren't "Baby don't hurt me" and "Dont hurt me, no more".

I support this message

If you define fake love, maybe two people getting married for citizenship in exchange for money, then yeah there has to be a a true love.

True love is A feeling of complete bliss and peace, that feeling can only be rivaled by the feeling of absolute sadness when you two are not together.

also here's another quote about love, "learn to love yourself before loving someone else"

Umm... I'm 12 so I don't know much about love, but I know that there is true love. I know it's not like Disney Princess films. But I know it is real. I know it is when two people make each other feel happy, and like they're the only person in the world. People love love because it makes them feel special and cared about to have someone love them. And that's why that person loves their admirer, because in the end, it's about caring about them and being there for them and making them happy.

I'm too young for love. And my mom is a huge c*ckBlock so...
Haha. Lol.

But, I do know that true love DOES exist.
True love means being there for your partner, being passionate for one another, and most of all, care for each other. Love is a feeling of excitement, of warmth, passion and acceptance. True love is blind, and everybody can find true love, even if you think you are ugly.
True love isn't for your partner only, but true love for your family . You can love anybody truly, so it's not just for your girlfriend/boyfriend, or husband/wife.
True Love is for everybody.

How does love even come into a sham marriage though?

It doesn't.

Any feelings they may show or provoke are based on lies, falsified, and hence deemed by me, the wizard Gandalf, to be 'fake love'.

deal with it you cheeky buttslut

I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions and views on what true love is. I'm doing a project for school so if you don't mind I would like to anonymously include the results in the project. :lemon:

You can answer the poll and discuss in the thread!

Possible discussion topic: Is love simply just a feeling, or is it a commitment?

I am a slit and I sleep with a lot of people just because I enjoy sex and I enjoy the company

That said I am afraid of being in love. I have had several boyfriends, and out of all of them, I think I only really ever loved two of them. But I am scared of falling in love because I am afraid I will not be able to commit to the relationship

But from my experience, to me true love is simply just loving someone for who they are and seeing through all their flaws, and thy pats what makes them perfect. Idk it's hard to describe but you get that feeling you've never felt before

If you don't know what I'm talking about go listen to (you make feel like a) natural woman and you will know what I am tryna say

If you think about the person 24/7 and often fantasize your life together years from now I think that's a good indication

Love > Sex

It doesn't.

Any feelings they may show or provoke are based on lies, falsified, and hence deemed by me, the wizard Gandalf, to be 'fake love'.

deal with it you cheeky buttslut

Haven't you seen Game of Thrones?! I believe the Starks dutifully proved you WRONG GANDALF.

Technically, if we want to get into the whole purpose of love, at its core true love is sexual intercouse.

I believe in true love but I don't believe in the concept that you only have one true love. From my experience, there are different aspects of love, such as physical attraction, chemistry, similar interests, having compatible personalities and of course friendship. Finding one or even a few of these is pretty easy but finding everything you are looking for in one person is what true love is but is definitely possible and can happen with multiple people.

At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's not about finding a perfect person, it's about finding the person who is perfect for you, someone who not only accepts your flaws, but sees them in a positive way and someone you can do the same for.

Personally, I've truly been in love just once in my life. I honestly don't know if it will be forever and we've already broken up before and are now back together. What I do know is that I could not function very well without him in my life and that's how I knew it was true love, at least for this phase of my life. One saying really sums it up for me: “Love is not finding someone to live with. It's finding someone you can't live without.” I think that given enough time and determination you can always move on from someone but when it's very difficult, you know what you had with them was really something special.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I hope this gives you some ideas for your project! I assume you're in high school? If that's the case, I have a few more years of experience (and am a bit of a romantic :p) so hopefully some of what I said is helpful!

[Edit] Forgot to address the original question. Love is neither a feeling nor a commitment, it is both. Some people get married, which is the biggest commitment there is, without any genuine romantic feelings. Also people sometimes stay in relationships long after any romantic feelings have gone simply because it is easy. On the flip side, it is possible to have very strong feelings for someone, yet know they can never progress to any real relationship or for those feelings to be one sided. I think for true love to exist, you need to have both.

Last edited:
True love to me is two people who agree to embark on a journey together. They understand the journey will be hard, full of laughter, sadness, frustration, challenges and struggles but with the trust and love they have in each other, they will be able to persevere through any and all obstacles and together celebrate having made it. It is also being able to treat that person with respect and understand their imperfections without forcing the other to change- because let's admit it, people rarely change who they are deep down inside.

Never NEVER confuse true love for lust. Most teen romance things get that wrong and I think many confuse that. I think the true love is the more platonic, the calmer version. The one that makes you simply care and protect.

Eh just my two cents.

Back