• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Would you get a plastic surgery?

Your post for example then?

"I don't think the minor boost of confidence is worth the money, the risk, or literally altering your physical identity"

"[plastic surgery] doesn't help in the long run"

Who's to say how living with years of internal hatred can affect one's psyche? By all means, it definitely helps in the long run.

What part of "I don't think the---etc" doesn't clue you in to the fact that I'm expressing my opinion? I never said it was fact and I never berated anyone for choosing to do so. It sounds more like you're trying to find things to be offended about when there isn't anything said or stated offensively in the slightest.

And it's not fact with what you say, either. Because I've lived with internal hatred and plastic surgery would not solve my problems or help me, personally.

Please just accept the fact that people can disagree with you and that doesn't mean they're attacking anyone.

Last edited:
What part of "I don't think the---etc" doesn't clue you in to the fact that I'm expressing my opinion? I never said it was fact and I never berated anyone for choosing to do so. It sounds more like you're trying to find things to be offended about when there isn't anything said or stated offensively in the slightest.

And it's not fact with what you say, either. Because I've lived with internal hatred and plastic surgery would not solve my problems or help me, personally.

Please just accept the fact that people can disagree with you and that doesn't mean they're attacking anyone.
Sweetheart I am well aware it is your opinion. That's all this thread is: opinions. It sounds like you're trying to speak for me? Odd how you don't find the comment "[plastic surgery] doesn't help in the long run" offensive. You have no basis to make that comment; it's up to the person having the surgery to make that comment, it's totally subjective. Some people who have plastic surgery may be extremely happy with their decision in the long run, it just depends. But you can't say it's not worth it for anybody in the long run, because you truly don't know.

That's great that you acknowledge plastic surgery won't work for you personally. The same reason you stated, is why it does work for others though.

Sweetheart I am well aware it is your opinion. That's all this thread is: opinions. It sounds like you're trying to speak for me? Odd how you don't find the comment "[plastic surgery] doesn't help in the long run" offensive. You have no basis to make that comment; it's up to the person having the surgery to make that comment, it's totally subjective. Some people who have plastic surgery may be extremely happy with their decision in the long run, it just depends. But you can't say it's not worth it for anybody in the long run, because you truly don't know.

That's great that you acknowledge plastic surgery won't work for you personally. The same reason you stated, is why it does work for others though.

I'm not trying to speak for you when I say, and I quote: "If that's what someone wants to do for themselves, by all means, I'm not about to make a campaign against it or anything ridiculous like that, but I don't think it helps in the long-run. And it's not for me, personally."

I don't find that offensive at all and I'm boggled by how you do. I did not speak "for" you or "for" anyone else. I said I don't think it helps in the long-run. That's my opinion. I'm not forcing it on you and I'm not trying to pass anything off as "fact" like you were with what you said. You truncated my response in your quote to take out the part where I clearly said it was my opinion.

If it works for others, that's fine. I never said I judged anyone who did it or who plans to do it. I never said it's not worth it for anyone in the long-run. I said I don't think it helps. I explained why I thought that over the rest of my response. If you disagree with me, that's fine--you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine. I respect that. However, I never belittled anyone and you're nit-picking my opinion, which is ridiculous in itself. Just agree to disagree and leave it.

Anyway, I'm through with arguing with you about this. That's not what this topic is for.

I'm not trying to speak for you when I say, and I quote: "If that's what someone wants to do for themselves, by all means, I'm not about to make a campaign against it or anything ridiculous like that, but I don't think it helps in the long-run. And it's not for me, personally."

I don't find that offensive at all and I'm boggled by how you do. I did not speak "for" you or "for" anyone else. I said I don't think it helps in the long-run. That's my opinion. I'm not forcing it on you and I'm not trying to pass anything off as "fact" like you were with what you said. You truncated my response in your quote to take out the part where I clearly said it was my opinion.

If it works for others, that's fine. I never said I judged anyone who did it or who plans to do it. I never said it's not worth it for anyone in the long-run. I said I don't think it helps. I explained why I thought that over the rest of my response. If you disagree with me, that's fine--you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine. I respect that. However, I never belittled anyone and you're nit-picking my opinion, which is ridiculous in itself. Just agree to disagree and leave it.

Anyway, I'm through with arguing with you about this. That's not what this topic is for.
"It sounds more like you're trying to find things to be offended about when there isn't anything said or stated offensively in the slightest." would be speaking for me.

Some responses in this thread:
"Tbh it often looks horrible"
"generally I think people look worse after they've had it"
"Most people after plastic surgery look awful"
"and when people meddle with God's creation, honestly, they look ugliER"
"I look bad already, but with that I'd look MUCH worse."
'"it has just ruined a lot of people and most of the time people get addicted to it and look fake and its just eh"
" if u think it will make u prettier.... It really won't. It will just make u look worse."

If you seriously fail to see all of these opinions as problematic (yes, including yours that I brought up) then you're right, this dialogue is a lost cause.

I'd only get it if it were for restoring a damaged part of my body, something that was actually detrimental to me and this would fix that! Otherwise, no.

I probably wouldn't get it myself, but if someone else wants to then that's their choice. I mean, if it makes them feel better about themselves then why not? Every person should be able to do what they want with their body if they feel it'll make them look better.

I totally would. I'm not crazy about body modifications, but I'd love to be rid of a specific insecurity. Change is scary though, and I'd be worried about permanent damage.

I'm on the same boat. I'd really love to fix my huge insecurity but I know the surgery for it comes with huge risks and possible health problems. I would also have a hard time finding a surgeon I could trust with such a huge procedure.

But I think the change would make me happy and that's all that should matter.

I wouldn't get plastic surgery, I don't like changing my body. (It's why I have no piercings and I never dyed my hair, etc.). But I won't bash on people who do since it's their choice and I'm not the boss of them. Also, if I had to get plastic surgery, I would be scared because of all the horror stories I've heard somewhere.

No, I don't see the point in it. Waste of money, unless I actually NEED it.

I'd only get it if I was deformed from some kind of horrific accident or something. Otherwise I never would. Of course I have many imperfections, but it would just be really strange to change the things that make up my appearance that I see every day.

No I wouldn't get plastic surgery, but I don't understand why there's so much hate for people who get plastic surgery. If they are getting them from an accredited surgeon, and they like the results and it makes them happy, then who cares.
I guess there's so much hate because a lot of people like to higher themselves from an attractive person by claiming they are at least "natural," or what not. But people alter their natural appearance in many other aspects, such as braces...or dyeing your hair.
I wouldn't have plastic surgery because IDK what I dislike about myself, but I wouldn't hate on anyone who ever got it.

it depends on what id want to get / options to get stuff
i support people who want it and dont hate because its their choice and they deserve to be happy

Last edited:
Not plastic surgery but I do want to have surgery to on my arms and my feet.

Maybe if my chin is to round...:p But I do <3 most of my flaws and things I dislike about myself,it makes me more unique.:)

Back