• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Would you get a plastic surgery?

I wish I could have something done to my eyelids to bring them up a bit more- they are very hooded. But it's a bit scary and not something I'd want to spend the money on. I'm totally OK with it though :> People should do what they want with their bodies.

If I get breast cancer...yes I would like to have some boobs back...But I want them look natural.

Omg yeah I'd get an absolute ton of surgery. First off I'd get a boob job and then a nose job. Definitely some liposuction, basically everywhere. I'd have my stomach reshaped too. Probably a few lifts here and there, maybe a boob lift and a butt lift. A chin implant would be nice, as well as having injections into my cheekbones.

Realistically I'm probably only likely to get a boob job done in a few years time as a gift from my parents. The rest I'll have to save up for myself. The only necessaries are the boob job, nose job and lipo. The rest would just be nice little extras that I have no doubt I'll get over time.

I put my surgery rant in a spoiler because this topic hits a nerve for me. This isn't aimed at anyone on this thread as an FYI it's more of a passive aggressive rant against real life people whom I have had this conversation with countless times and every time I have ended up wanting to claw my eyeballs out.

Just as a side note. I don't want all this surgery because 'I don't think I'm beautiful : (' like seriously. Don't even get me started on that saccharine 'you're perfect just the way you are'. I want it because hey. It's a free country and it's my body. And if I wanna stick some silicone in myself then that is my opinion. People in real life are often like 'haha you'll look like the cat lady with all that surgery' but it's like. Great. Because newflash honey I'm not trying to look attractive to you. If I end up looking like some silicone monster who 'looked so much nicer before the surgery </3' then good. Because it'll be on my terms. It'll be my decision.

Also just because some has had surgery doesn't mean you are granted the right to comment on their bodies. Like I know people think they're being nice by saying 'aww she was prettier before' but it's like nah. You don't have the right to say anything about my body or what I do with it. You can think whatever you want about me. But you wouldn't come up to me and say 'wow your natural nose is bumpy and disgusting'. So why the hell would you say something like 'aww your old nose was beautiful you look too plastic now'. Like what the hell gives you the right.

/Sorry I get defensive over stuff like this. Didn't want to come across as rude. Just had too many 'no why would you want surgery you're perfect the way you are : )' and it just makes me want to vomit on myself tbh. This wasn't directed at anyone in this thread tbh I didn't even read most of this thread.

No way....I don't see why anyone would get it unless it's to sort out some deformality, if u think it will make u prettier.... It really won't. It will just make u look worse. Ppl need to accept themselves for who they r. Here's a little thing to inspire u to be u :)
───(♥)(♥)(♥)────(♥)(♥)(♥) __ ɪƒ ƴσυ'ʀє αʟσηє,
──(♥)██████(♥)(♥)██████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧα∂σѡ.
─(♥)████████(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт тσ cʀƴ,
─(♥)██████████████████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧσυʟ∂єʀ.
──(♥)████████████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт α ɧυɢ,
────(♥)████████████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ρɪʟʟσѡ.
──────(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ηєє∂ тσ ɓє ɧαρρƴ,
────────(♥)████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɱɪʟє.
─────────(♥)██(♥) ɓυт αηƴтɪɱє ƴσυ ηєє∂ α ƒʀɪєη∂,
───────────(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ʝυѕт ɓє ɱє.

But u know, if u want to get it then it's ur decision :)

Last edited:
No way....I don't see why anyone would get it unless it's to sort out some deformality, if u think it will make u prettier.... It really won't. It will just make u look worse. Ppl need to accept themselves for who they r. Here's a little thing to inspire u to be u :)
───(♥)(♥)(♥)────(♥)(♥)(♥) __ ɪƒ ƴσυ'ʀє αʟσηє,
──(♥)██████(♥)(♥)██████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧα∂σѡ.
─(♥)████████(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт тσ cʀƴ,
─(♥)██████████████████(♥) ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɧσυʟ∂єʀ.
──(♥)████████████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ѡαηт α ɧυɢ,
────(♥)████████████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ρɪʟʟσѡ.
──────(♥)████████(♥) ɪƒ ƴσυ ηєє∂ тσ ɓє ɧαρρƴ,
────────(♥)████(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ɓє ƴσυʀ ѕɱɪʟє.
─────────(♥)██(♥) ɓυт αηƴтɪɱє ƴσυ ηєє∂ α ƒʀɪєη∂,
───────────(♥) __ ɪ'ʟʟ ʝυѕт ɓє ɱє.

But u know, if u want to get it then it's ur decision :)

Why would it make you look worse? It doesn't usually unless it's some cheap botched job. most people prefer the way they look after surgery.

I'm not at all opposed to plastic surgery on anyone. I think it's rude how so many people crap on it; if it makes others happy why do you think your opinion, as a stranger no less, matters at all? It doesn't effect you personally in any way. At the end of the day you're still crapping on someone's appearance and it's entirely uncalled for.

I've been contemplating it for a while. I had to have a c section with my daughter, so it's been hard to get back into shape after being essentially cut open. I'm back down to almost my pre-pregnancy weight, probably about 5 pounds left to lose or so, and they've been the most difficult. If I were to get a surgery done, it would be in about the next 4 years or so and would most likely be a tummy tuck.

I totally would. I'm not crazy about body modifications, but I'd love to be rid of a specific insecurity. Change is scary though, and I'd be worried about permanent damage.

I wouldn't consider it at this point in time, but I wouldn't rule it out for the future. I don't exactly relish the thought of my face and body becoming saggy and essentially unrecognizable and doubt I'd be opposed to a little nip and tuck if and when that does happen. I think it's easy to denounce things like cosmetic surgery when you're youthful and things like age and childbirth haven't yet wreaked havoc on your body, but I can definitely understand the reasoning of those who choose to go under the knife. It just boils down to the fact that it's their body and their decision, and it doesn't really affect anyone else.

On the other hand, I do have to question the psyche of those who take things too far and end up looking more like melted candles than actual human beings. There's definitely a difference between a breast reconstruction after having three kids or an eye lift in your early 50's, and injecting yourself with so much filler and having your face stretched out to the point where you look like a feline. While none of it is a necessity, I can certainly understand the reasoning of those who fall into the former category.

Not to me personally. Im pretty comfortable with my body image, and i've always lived off the concept that you have to work for something to get it, therefore i would rather work on my looks with something like going to the gym once a week instead of having someone magically fix it for me. Yeah people probably think my nose is crooked, but why should i have to go change it for them? I feel like the true way to being comfortable with your body and how it looks is to live in it.
However i don't judge people who do get plastic surgery, its their decision and just because i wouldn't do it myself doesn't mean they cant do it~

No, no, and hell no.

I'm not even comfortable with myself or my appearance, but I can't imagine throwing that much money away just to change something about myself. I can understand that it helps some people feel more comfortable about themselves and their appearances, but I don't think the minor boost of confidence is worth the money, the risk, or literally altering your physical identity. I feel like it bases too much on the opinion of the outside world and what we think they want to see, when what matters about a person should be who they are and not what they look like. I feel like the media projects the wrong idea to people, young and old, about catering to what they want and what society deems 'acceptable' or 'attractive'. I don't honestly think I could be comfortable with myself knowing that I paid someone to physically change me in hopes that I would better accept myself because of facial or body features that were new/different.

If that's what someone wants to do for themselves, by all means, I'm not about to make a campaign against it or anything ridiculous like that, but I don't think it helps in the long-run. And it's not for me, personally. I'll live with my less-than-nice features and learn to accept myself as the person I see in the mirror instead of trying to alter her. And in the end, I think I'll be glad that I did.

You guys can state whether or not you'd personally have plastic surgery without throwing those who choose to have it under the bus. People who get procedures done do it to love themselves more. In my opinion it's the same thing as getting your hair done, getting a tattoo, etc. You are simply altering your outward appearance to match a more ideal version of yourself, albeit with more 'trauma' to your body only for the healing period. What's worse, living with years of internal hatred towards your appearance, or the downtime of recovery? Some people really can't accept what they see in the mirror and they are perfectly okay spending their money and time to change that, and that's fine!

You guys can state whether or not you'd personally have plastic surgery without throwing those who choose to have it under the bus.

I fail to see where anyone since your last comment threw people who chose to have it "under the bus". We can respectfully disagree or have an opinion about the matter or our own view on it. Nowhere in any response on this page was anyone degraded or insulted for their choice of doing so.

As of this time in my life, I wouldn't get it. Right now I'm okay with how my face and body are even though I might not be 100% satisfied. If one day in the future I can afford it and want it badly enough, then sure. And I wouldn't belittle anyone who chooses to get plastic surgery, because its their body and they have the right to do with it as they please. Having stuff done doesn't make you any less of a person, just like being all natural doesn't make you a better person.

And I think plastic surgery is an especially beautiful thing for people who have had terrible accidents and want to fix their features, so there's that.

I fail to see where anyone since your last comment threw people who chose to have it "under the bus". We can respectfully disagree or have an opinion about the matter or our own view on it. Nowhere in any response on this page was anyone degraded or insulted for their choice of doing so.
Your post for example then?

"I don't think the minor boost of confidence is worth the money, the risk, or literally altering your physical identity"

"[plastic surgery] doesn't help in the long run"

Who's to say how living with years of internal hatred can affect one's psyche? By all means, it definitely helps in the long run.

Last edited:
Back