• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Wish we did not have to share an island.

Dude i totally get you here.. like i was very excited to share a file with my lil sis at first but her play style is legitamelty soooo unfun i think i might just gave the game to her at this point but that's just being a bit unnecessary
She treats it as if it where some uh competition of sorts? She's always complaining abt being behind she really only cares about making bells and that's it she even sells bugs fishes and fossils we don't have in the museum bcuz she says she doesn't care about the museum or something which is fine in all play how you want but wish she wouldn't rub it in my face all the time when she does it lmao

Don't particularly care what she does with the layout n all that jazz we share about the same ideas and im not sure on how to be super festive with it so she can do it honestly

It's the villagers that we seeem to just fall apart with! We've recently obtained marina and octavian via island hopping and we decided while we liked them we would sell them and share our profit with whoever found the best deal with them but when i found a deal that i liked ( 300k and katt a villager I've been wanting for awhile for marina) she git uh... Super mad i even told her she could have all the bells but she wasn't having it becuz apparently marina can sell for "hundred millions" which i genunly don't want to believe ANYBODY would want to spend that much on a cartoon animal then she decided it would be super funny and charming to try and ruin another deal with a person i was doing with for like no reason id wish she could just have own switch at this point we simply have drawn different play styles which is fine but they don't collide well sadly!
Daaaaaaaaaaaaang do you still have octavian lol but yeah thats ruuuude sorry to hear that

Daaaaaaaaaaaaang do you still have octavian lol but yeah thats ruuuude sorry to hear that
Oh yeah i do still have him! We can work out something if you'd like! and yeah it is kinda rude i mean i haven't been a saint or anything about all of it either but eh would never recommend sharing an island lol 😔

Sharing an island between my siblings and me is fine. The only problem rn is that they don't play much but demand accounts. Now I have to find places for their houses that would go with my town theme and a position that won't make them mad when they get back on

That's not what I meant, sorry if you took it that way, nothing wrong with buying multiple switches, I was refering to people excusing Nintendo for these decisions, and treating it like a good thing.
No hard feelings at all, my friend! It certainly is a difficult situation with this multiplayer. I honestly do wish they had made this feature better. We mainly decided to get a second switch for this game but due to how often we both used the console it turned out to be a positive decision in the end! Though I totally get not everyone can say the same >.<

i do agree with this. i share my island with my younger sister and we have very similar play styles when it comes to villagers and decorating areas of the town so there's no issue or arguments about those things at all which is nice. however, the 2nd player is severely limited when it comes to the "story" of the game and that was frustrating for her along with not being able to build inclines/bridges and move villager houses.

Last edited:
This thread cracks me up. I share "my" island with 3 other family members. They are nice and only occasional players so let me design the 5 squares in the middle (going vertical) for the "town and other stuff", then we each get 4 squares for our own areas.

One of them has created a dense forest in his entire area, nothing but trees, even on the beach. Very difficult to navigate, impossible to find anything, oh, and a hole for his house. I will never have a 5 star island lol.....

That's a good way to distribute the island evenly, but the problem some are having is with the younger siblings they have to share with. I read an article about a mom who loved AC so much she had every installment and was excited to share the experience with her child in NH.

Only to realize it was complete anarchy with a kid who doesn't really understand the game's basics enough to make it enjoyable for anyone. She ate all the islands fruit instead of selling it, deforested several areas, and then had a total meltdown that she couldn't have a pretty house and was still stuck in a tent. So yeah no one likes dealing with that stuff.

Nintendo expects you to buy another switch for another island, that is why. It is the same reason there is no co-op splitscreen.

It's a bad business move in general but an understandable one. It'd be fine if it was one island per copy, but one island per system??? I'd happy buy a second AC copy if it meant having another island but I'm not buying a second switch lmao sorry Ninty

My wife and I only own the one switch so we share an island. This means we share resources, the land, what ever we build or however we alter the landscape.

How does Nintendo expect us to not fight over island lay out or one player progressing further then another?

They know what they’re doing, this is a big reason a lot of switches are sold out everywhere right now and if someone is selling them then the prices are super high because the one island per console is making us all want our own. It’s smart and it’s working well.

Back