• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Where in your town do you breed flowers?

I just have mine on the beach. I might move them somewhere else once I get an idea of where I want everything in my new town to be. But since I've been getting random move-ins from when you first start up the town, it's the safest place for them to be right now! Also, since I have them diagonally in pairs, it's easier to have them on the vertical side of the beach. It's pretty quick to water them like that.

CK3Z0HdVAAA2-aw.jpg
The beach is perfect for breeding/cultivating flowers.I don't really have enough space in my towns to do this.

I breed mine wherever they will fit. It seems like a lot of you guys use your beach and I never thought of that. I thought they would die or something. Huh. Right now I am trying to breed white carnations and it's taking FOREVER to even get the first one. Any recommendations?

Westerly's the only one of my town where I bother to take care of my flowers. I have the Beautiful Town ordinance in effect, so the flowers don't need watering, and weeds grow less often. The place where most of them grow are the cliffs closest to the sea and the far right of town near the Re-Tail shop.

Since I've kept the same 10 for a crazy 2 years, 2 months, I put "growing patches" into town using bushes. Since I play everyday, I always kept the villager from moving out, so I never worried about someone moving in to crush them- already happened in October, 2013 when Pashmina crushed another area I used for growing. After that, the 10 I have are staying the 10 I have, I don't want to lose another patch anymore! Crazy nuts making sure all 5 outside ping me before I stop playing, but I talk to them enough, one of them is bound to let me know someone is thinking of moving.

I just breed them wherever the game likes giving me hybrids. It definitely has "sweet spots" where it will give me multiple daily vs other spots that it will only every few days.

I have a vast wasteland near my house that's only purpose is to breed flowers. ALthough, I seem to really be bad at it, the hybrids I get are never the ones I intended, lol. :(

Beach or beside a house is your best bet. I had some stupid bird demolish my entire spread of orange roses because they weren't in a secluded area and I'll never make that mistake again.

Back