• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I defended my boyfriend in the wrong way (online, 140 characters) and basically caused a s***storm on twitter amidst his online gaming friends because they were a bunch of racist immature idiots and basically said he doesn't matter because he's (half) black. With all the crap that's happening here in STL, I lost it. It's not okay to be a racist SOB to your "best friend" of 8 years and think it's a big joke when he gets mad when you call him the N-bomb or use stereotypical digs when you're with ya'll's group of friends. It's even more messed-up because the kid doing it is a minority himself. You don't see my boyfriend being an d***wad about him being Hispanic, so why does he gotta be "That Guy?" And the girl standing up for him is like, "Omg, he's only 16. What do you expect?" I didn't know someone's age pardon's you from being a jerk. My bad.

My dad having the nerve to give me a lecture about "wasting electricity" because I have my HDMI cable hooked up to my TV, listening to music from my PC through my TV, because I didn't want to get a headache from wearing my headphones. He's the one who sits in the living room, his eyes glued to the iPad while he has the TV on, which he isn't even watching.

I have so much anger when it comes to this omfg
"They're only _____ years old."
Better teach them to be better people now rather than later.

"Boys will be boys/Girls will be girls."
Stop. Just stop.

"I know a person of ___ race so therefore I'm not racist no matter how many hurtful things I say."
This folks, is what we call an idiot.

I could go on forever about this x^x

I have so much anger when it comes to this omfg
"They're only _____ years old."
Better teach them to be better people now rather than later.

"Boys will be boys/Girls will be girls."
Stop. Just stop.

"I know a person of ___ race so therefore I'm not racist no matter how many hurtful things I say."
This folks, is what we call an idiot.

I could go on forever about this x^x
THANK YOU. MY GOD.
They treated it as some big joke and it's not funny.

I defended my boyfriend in the wrong way (online, 140 characters) and basically caused a s***storm on twitter amidst his online gaming friends because they were a bunch of racist immature idiots and basically said he doesn't matter because he's (half) black. With all the crap that's happening here in STL, I lost it. It's not okay to be a racist SOB to your "best friend" of 8 years and think it's a big joke when he gets mad when you call him the N-bomb or use stereotypical digs when you're with ya'll's group of friends. It's even more messed-up because the kid doing it is a minority himself. You don't see my boyfriend being an d***wad about him being Hispanic, so why does he gotta be "That Guy?" And the girl standing up for him is like, "Omg, he's only 16. What do you expect?" I didn't know someone's age pardon's you from being a jerk. My bad.

I bet they use his black "half" as an excuse when they're accused of being racist against someone else, too. :rolleyes: "I can't be racist - my best friend is black!".

I'm not black, or even half black, but I can only imagine how infuriated he must feel. I mean, on top of them being his friends, you just kind of assume someone who knows what it's like to be a minority would know better than that.

In a way, I can kind of relate to that disappointment.. I'm trans, so I'm part of the LGBT+ alphabet, but the cis people who belong to the other letters of LGBT+ tend to be really ignorant and nasty towards trans people. Really makes me wonder what they think the T means; "trombone"? :|

So yeah, being part of a marginalized group doesn't necessarily mean they'll be sympathetic. I learned that the hard way.

I should probably just turn my PMs off and not talk to anyone anymore. I knew this would happen again.

Why won't they take their annoying ass dogs inside god ****ing dammit.

I just want to sleep for one night. ONE NIGHT.

i really can't with this whole ferguson thing. it's everywhere and it makes me so mad what's wrong with people

Omg, so much things.

First, last week we had 1 day to change classes since school started last Wednesday and Thurs and Fri was canceled because of 2 hurricanes. That made me stressed out because I had to change classes in 1 day. But then they extended it until yesterday so I had more days, but I didn't go on Monday since this dumb senior said "this line is for people who park their car on campus" but she didn't realize there was more than 1 line and that people weren't in a single-file line. Then I went on Tuesday and my grade-level councilor said that she'll send out a pass so that I can go to her office to talk to her during class. And I didn't get the pass until YESTERDAY during the LAST 20 MINUTES OF SCHOOL. I wanted to talk to her about which classes I should take for credits. I actually waited for 10 minutes since she was constantly on the phone switching other people's classes. She then gave me a list of classes that were available for period 3 (one of the classes I'm switching out of, btw I was changing 3 classes) and I didn't like any classes except band 1, but I'm already in band 3 so what's the point? I ended up taking marine science since it was the only decent one, and I'm not excited for this class since Idk who's in it and it's a far walk to my period 4. THEN she gave me a paper so that I can get all 6 teachers involved in this to sign it, and the problem was 1 of them had a substitute teacher yesterday and today, which means I couldn't get his signature or turn in my paper. Now I'm very sad and having servere anxiety that I can't switch out of my period 3 since I'm pretty sure people are talking **** SO MUCH about me in that class. I literally cried in my math class with my head down because of the fact that I'm stuck in this class for the rest of the year... unless I want an F for the class I can still switch. I remember one of the security guards came in my class and had a feeling I was crying so she tried to cheer me up (Also the class I want to switch out of is an outdoor class so you pretty much sweat and the class after this is in the other side of the school....)

Sorry this was long...

tldr: I'm getting bullied in a class and I tried to switch classes, but I ended up not since I had to get my teachers to sign and one of my teachers wasn't here so I couldn't get his signature. I ended up crying to myself in math class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back