What did you get for christmas this year? (2020)

I'm late but I got:
- pc monitor
- clothes
- gaming chair
- custom ACNH amiibo cards
- a switch controller
- a portal battery for my switch
- some money (that I bought steam games with)

I ended up getting the following for Christmas:
  • A couple of calendars
  • NHL 21 (PS4)
  • Watch Dogs Legion (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed Valhalla (PS4)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4)
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch)
  • Cadence of Hyrule (Switch)
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (Switch)
  • $120 in Nintendo eShop gift cards (spent on Hades, Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition, Hollow Knight, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy)
  • Framed picture of the Bolts Cup photo
  • Hedman Bolts away jersey*
* - ...hasn't actually arrived yet

Well, after a terrifying incident on my campus I recently got my license to concealed carry a firearm. My dad, a huge fan of the idea of me protecting myself better, promised that if I got it by November 4 then he would buy me the handgun himself. It wasn't really a surprise because of this, and also because he took me to the sporting goods store to pick out the exact handgun that felt the best in my grip, but for Christmas I got a Sig Saeur 9mm handgun. :) I am pretty happy with it, and will feel a lot safer on my campus now, which is a hotspot for both a cult (long story) as well as human traffickers. I also got some new makeup, a bunch of books that I love, and a really cute necklace!!! The biggest gift of all though wasn't something that anyone gave me but something I gave myself, because I attended a leadership conference during December which was honestly the best experience of my life. Very very helpful for what I want to do when I graduate college. Overall it was a nice Christmas -- getting older makes you care less about receiving stuff and value giving things more, and since I've had a steady job for a while I was able to buy everyone gifts which was very very fun too!

I got a tea cup/tea infuser and calming tea, a book (Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari), a vanilla candle, some sweaters, stocking stuffers, another tea cup and tea (people know exactly what I like! :D), chocolate, and an amaryllis bulb that I'm excited to see bloom under my care. They're all very thoughtful gifts and I'm thankful for them. It's amazing how giving my friends and family can be even under COVID.

Back