What did you get for christmas this year? (2020)

the fact that so many of you got good presents that you like really warms my heart ☺️. this year, i was given money, candy (wine gums + quality street) and a $50 visa gift card! i’m honestly really happy with everything that i got. :’^)

I got a scientific calculator (needed one for so looooong), a set of comfy home clothes, a pair of socks, a small travel version of my favourite perfume and a rossmann gift card c:
Getting useful and fun things as a gift is a blessing honestly!!
This thread warms my heart, I love reading through it and seeing everyone appreciating and showing off the gifts ☺ 💖

I got some new pajamas! And a vacuum flask which,,, idk if I'll be able to use because i don't need to go out but it's a nice shade of teal so maybe it will be pretty enough to keep me consistently hydrated at home haha. Not sure if a gift to myself counts but i also got some cute polymer clay earrings! They look like the candies of my childhood 🥺

stuff for coffee/hot chocolate (milk frother, 2 cups, mini grater)
gliscor plushie
one set of pajamas
face + eye masks
chocolate fountain
money and a h&m voucher

i didnt ask for anything specifically as i didnt make a list or have my eyes on anything in particular this year except for a ps5, my mindset was just "i hope i can get one with christmas + birthday money and then i wouldnt worry about any other christmas/birthday presents" i have the money to get one now, i just need to be patient and catch one in stock next year. i like the extras i got though, especially the things for my drinks.
20201226_143032.png

him

I got money from a few different people, crocs (oh yeah baby), wireless headset, and my fiancé and I got a joint gift for a “date night” that included gift cards for restaurants, topgolf, etc. & The last thing I’m not sure exactly what it is yet but my dad asked what my ring size was so it’s some kind of ring but I’m not going to get it until sometime in January. I didn’t ask for anything this year because I can never think of anything that I’d want anyone to buy buuut it still ended up being a good Christmas 😊

Got some clothes, a PlayStayion shirt & ACNH lounge pants
2 candles, Peach Bellini and Cactus Blossom from Bath & Body Works. Love me some Peach Belini
Grihdelli white chocolate sugar cookie candy and Kisses
Some pretty rocks/gemstones
A little cactus plant
A self watering succulent planter
A Blathers Keychain
A sticker that says 'Hello I am here to pet your dog' which is SO perfect for me lol
And some money

My sis also got me a fake succulent plant, it has a little baby sprouting too

Haven't met up with my mom to exchange gifts yet, but from my husband's family I got the Final Fantasy IX visual soundtrack, an eShop card, micro SD card (which was MUCH needed), the ACNH journal from Target, a pair of PJ pants, a Mandalorian blanket, and a Grogu (baby yoda) mug.

Some of my favorite gifts from this year:

- Two-toned mom jeans
- Medium-wash mom jeans
- A tan nike sweatshirt
- A fuzzy light green cardigan
- Benetint cheek/lip stain
- Huda beauty bronzer
- Porefessional primer
- A snickerdoodle candle from B&BW
- A monthly/daily planner (I get one every year and I look forward to it)

Even though my mom feels like she didn't get me enough I'm super happy with what I got, plus with me going back to campus in a month I will definitely need things for my dorm and so I didn't want to have my parents over-spend on me

whah I love seeing all your cosy and cute gifts ;w; 💕

I got this absolute baby of a cat plush, she is amazing textures and her bell rattles which makes me so happy. Her expression of feigned innocence just melts my heart so much ;w; I've named her Gretchen.
1F8C9AEA-BC9B-43D4-8F5C-A77D1E6C2F31.jpeg

I also got a beautiful new tarot deck, the Star Spinner Tarot by Trungles. It's so lovely, lots of fairytale imagery, a dash of magical girl aesthetics, and 4 different versions of the lovers bc sheer queerness. I did a one card reading today and got the 8 of coins, a favourite of mine ~
85F0535C-EED7-4BB5-A29D-D3E0F5A1D452.jpeg

Also got some new books and some tasty treats! Am vvvvv happy and grateful ;w;

Last edited:
im really happy with my gifts!!!! 😊

-a tea kettle (i've been really wanting one) in one of my favorite colors!! it's the whistling kind too!
-two crochet kits!! i've been wanting to learn how to do this! i got one for making dog sweaters and one for making little dog plushies!!
-two hot cocoa sets and three new mugs!! i've been needing a new tea mug and one of them is absolutely perfect!!
-a new 12 month nso subscription card for this year
-the cat clock i've been wanting
kit-cat-clock-1_500x500_72.jpg

-a very cute plushie
aefe605d-8d22-4a18-a52c-8e8c831eedaf.7a783c016b7724859368e6a14d7a3075.jpeg

and with my xmas cash i'm gonna be getting several things i've been wanting!! i already have a sonic the hedgehog controller holder coming in!!

I don't get alot of presents anymore because I'm a minimalist and can buy the things I need on my own. But I always let my mom buy me pyjamas because it's our tradition. This year my friends and I did a (socially distant) cookie exchange instead of gifts.

money and so many chocolates from my family
the presents from myself to myself haven't arrived yet but i ordered a bunch of yumi's cells stuff and i'm super excited for those to get here

I got some manga, anime, fire emblem three houses, a pack of tarot cards and some anime figures (one of which we can hopefully return since paint job did not match picture, arm was higher than it was supposed to be and was damaged in the mail) and a few gift cards.

0365F1E1-CF11-4210-A4A0-972747D73992.jpeg

this one ended up being smaller than i thought it was.

9372B09F-5C16-4B8D-92CE-8E675B6D7E35.jpeg

this one ended up looking better than I thought it would look.

71D2F351-6771-4693-9C18-C6BF075DF5BE.jpeg

I have to return a book and dvd since somehow my mom ordered me two of the same books and dvds.

I got some manga, anime, fire emblem three houses, a pack of tarot cards and some anime figures (one of which we can hopefully return since paint job did not match picture, arm was higher than it was supposed to be and was damaged in the mail) and a few gift cards.

View attachment 347758
this one ended up being smaller than i thought it was.

View attachment 347759
this one ended up looking better than I thought it would look.

I have to return a book and dvd since somehow my mom ordered me two of the same books and dvds.
Okay these SU tarot cards are adorable ;w;

I received a lot of money in which I used it to buy an Ipad Pro with the pencil and keyboard! Well, the 2nd gen at least but tbh, It works really well and considering it was only around $350 for all of them included which is a steal in my opinion. That 120hz really is buttery smooth and still a beast in gaming and for drawing.

This year I got mostly nature themed stuff since I quit my job and started ecological & nature-related studies :
-a pair of 10x42 binoculars (most amazing present ever)
-a book to identify French and European amphibians and reptiles
-a book to learn everything about botany on the field (that thing is huuuge <3)
-a book to learn about wild edible plants
-a comics teaching facts & history about plants
-I might get some more books from my dad when I see him (about ecology or to identify French & European birds/plants/...etc or smth like that)
-a box of chocolate from the town's chocolate factory (probably the best chocolate in the world IMO haha)
-a brush for my cats
& my boyfriend got me a fox hoodie and a ps4 game (concrete genie).
I'm reaaaally really happy this year :)

Harry Potter lego set again, a foot massager, Persona 5 Joker chibi figure, 2 missing volumes of blue exorcist, Super Mario 3d All-stars, candy, hedwig plush, toilet paper, hand wash, paper towels, hand sanitizer, a plaster unicorn to paint, thick socks, a diecast black ram truck, calico critters house, gift cards, and l believe that's all l can remember. I didn't look through the stuff and see. Seems a lot until you actually look at the small stack. But l'm happy l didn't get big things or else l would have to get rid of more things again. And the hand wash and other cleaning stuff l said was a joke present that is for all of my family.

this is the first time my family did christmas so we all got each other something, it was really sweet! here's what i got:
- clothes from my sister and my brother
- money from my other sister
- an overwatch figurine because i'm a nerd
- my mother helped me pay my new gaming pc off
- and i got myself the new horzions switch!

happy holidays to all!! :giggle:

Back