• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Thoughts on Loulou Crossing rumors?

That town color thing is something I might reset for then. I was wondering if it would just apply to things like the airport, but if it applies to other things too, it might be worth resetting for a color I like then. I don't really want yellow...

Well I?m not happy about pelly and Phyllis being gone but I?m kinda convinced there?s a lot of characters and features that are coming in an update at some point along the road.

I agree with this. I bet a lot of things like this will be added in later via updates if it's not there immediately. Nintendo knows we like the NPCs, so I don't see why they would make NPCs go away permanently. They'd add them in somehow.

I'm not loving a lot of these, but it's not anything too deal breaking either. I hope most of the missing NPC's get some sort of tourist role for our island.

Last edited:
Definitely want a red town color, so yeah, will reset for that.

Is there a red? I know there’s an airplane pic people referred to as red, but I thought it just looked like the orange tbh.

None of the four colors really appeal to me specifically, and all but the green (too bright for my taste) look fine. I think I’ll just accept whichever of the other three. I guess it depends a bit on where else the “town color” is implemented.

Is there a red? I know there?s an airplane pic people referred to as red, but I thought it just looked like the orange tbh.

None of the four colors really appeal to me specifically, and all but the green (too bright for my taste) look fine. I think I?ll just accept whichever of the other three. I guess it depends a bit on where else the ?town color? is implemented.

Here's some colors found so far!

ERaX2OzX0AEi3M3.jpg

The plane colors seem to match the airport color, so I can guess we will have a red??

Last edited:
Here's some colors found so far!

View attachment 231600

The plane colors seem to match the airport color, so I can guess we will have a red??

Well, if there isn't brown.. I'm likely going to go with either teal or orange. I don't know why Nintendo has an obsession with bright green! Why can't they use darker shades of green?!

Last edited:
If true. I'm sad we never got to see Pete and Pelly end up together after it being a storyline since Gamecube days, I was hoping to see the story play out. Pete and Phyllis together can't be how it ends. I don't subscribe to that narrative.

See that’s the picture I meant—I think that “red” plans is actually just orange.

It's more of a red-orange, but yeah. Definitely more orange than red, but ever so slightly. At least that's what Photoshop is telling me.

It's more of a red-orange, but yeah. Definitely more orange than red, but ever so slightly. At least that's what Photoshop is telling me.

Do you think it’s a separate color airport though? I’d just find it very weird if they chose two colors so similar.

Also agree about the light green though—a darker shade would be much appreciated by me too.

Last edited:
If there's no red, then I won't need to reset. I don't have a preference of native fruit or map layout.

unconfirmed rumors:
* every town has a random ?town color? that?s the same as the airport color & things like certain items you get from nook miles will only be in this color.

i thought the town color would be from what answers you give timmy & tommy when you first land in your island? they ask you what you would bring to a deserted island, & that is what decides your town's colors. here it is, referenced in an IGN review.

With the bulk of the customization done, Timmy and Tommy have one final question: what?s the one thing you?d bring with you to a deserted island? I was asked to choose between a sleeping bag, a lamp, some food, or something to kill time. I like wandering around at night so I chose the lamp. Timmy reassured me that Nook Inc. would provide all essentials despite my choice, and the Nintendo rep said my answer wouldn?t do anything directly but didn?t elaborate on the possibilities. With the profile complete, my character was taken to the deserted island.

Again, I hope we can upgrade from a color to a theme.

Being stuck with a primary color reminds me of the player starter house. :(

The fruit furniture is confirmed I'm pretty sure, not sure where the post is but there was that screenshot of an orange clock floating around! Plus the fact that you can see your specific town fruit on your Passport!

I also feel as though airport/town colours are pretty plausible, as New Leaf would give you a random starting colour for various building roofs, not too far of a stretch for it to have a little more significance. Hopefully we're not stuck with the basic building looks though, and can customise later on like the major building exteriors in New leaf.

If swimming isn't in the game at launch, I could see it being added at the beginning of summer? Though I would hope it's implemented in the game from the start. (Just unlocked a bit later on, perhaps?)

F for the pelican gals ;_;.....

Last edited:
so for the uninitiated, loulou crossing is an AC youtuber who claims to have a friend at nintendo who?s given her information about new horizons. some of her rumors have actually seemingly been confirmed, so i personally think there?s some merit to the unconfirmed ones, but i want to know what you all think. i went through her videos and compiled things she?s said.

potential spoiler warning.

(seemingly) confirmed rumors:
all of these were stated with timestamps before the information was actually released/discovered.
* starting personalities are uchi & jock (?)
* seasonal characters are dlc.
* resetti drives a helicopter.
* resetti?s rescue helicopter costs book miles.

unconfirmed rumors:
* every town has a random ?town color? that?s the same as the airport color & things like certain items you get from nook miles will only be in this color.
* pelly and phyllis aren?t in the game.
* gulliver gives a golden tool.
* gulliver gives a rare item set.
* the max villager cap is 10.
* there?s native fruit-themed craftable furniture.
* swimming might not be implemented, but if you debug into the water, the swimming animation happens.

Key thing: When did she make these claims?

Further: Lol, not implementing swimming. Sure okay

If this is true then it's a major bummer that the villager count is stuck at 10 again and Pelly and Phyllis are gone...

Though to be honest I'm more disappointed about the 10 villager limit than Pelly & Phyllis being gone...

because really Pelly & Phyllis are far far more likely to be added in a free update or expansion than a bump to the villager count. If they went back to old features of the series and they still didn't increase the number of villagers then I don't feel like the chances of getting the limit increased in an update is all that likely.

Pelly & Phyllis have amiibo cards don't they?

Last edited:
If I were Nintendo and someone had a direct link to fans and I wanted my game to be published with surprises, I'd either:

★Pay the person to spread false rumours (;゜0゜)(ノノ。Ц≖︎‿≖︎)
。。。ㅇя
★Pay an employee to spread false rumours like Chinese Whispers〜 ( ΄◞ิ︎ .̫.̫ ◟ิ︎‵)

Until it's confirmed I will not believe these horrible rumours! ∩︎`・◇︎・)ハイッ!!
Yes, that's what I said! They're awful! please take this as a joke, I'm not being serious, just mock offended, OK ❤︎(。☌︎ᴗ☌︎。)
We won't be able to swim? So that means no diving? What rot! ( › ‸ ‹ )
♡⃛︎◟︎( ˊ̱˂˃ˋ̱ )◞︎⸜₍ ˍ́˱˲ˍ̀ ₎ No Pelly or Phyllis?! No this is inconceivable!
A limit of only 10 villagers?! I refuse to believe this... (◜︎౪◝︎ )
I don't need 8 people on my island! I'd rather have villagers! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

This is not an attack at OP or the other person involved, I just refuse to believe these rumours...
Plus I'm just being a little silly because I can't fully commit to beliving this hehe, my post is mainly slapstick banter!

I really appreciate you sharing this info but I think if all this were true, it's making me really disappointed for the game...
It makes me feel like any other NPC might be cut too, although I can't actually think that because there is no evidence to either confirm nor deny this.
I'll just have to wait for the game and see what happens...
k10037.gif

I'm actually feeling a little deflated atm after reading these rumours tbh ( ?థ౪థ)

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pelly and Phyllis are gone, but I really hope that this isn't the case. Out of all the things we've learned about NH, the only tidbit that has disappointed me is that so many of the old NPCs are seemingly being replaced by new ones.

No swimming is a weird choice given that we'll be in an island and all.

Again, I hope we can upgrade from a color to a theme.

Being stuck with a primary color reminds me of the player starter house. :(

That's true! Since its replaced the train station, then it would be a creative step backwards if we can't choose a future remodel design for it! (; ̄ェ ̄)I wonder if the game actually finished and we're just going to have to wait for DLC (free of course) due to the game not having it ready..?

Back