• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Thoughts on Loulou Crossing rumors?

I hoped pelly and phyllis would appear outside the town hall at some point (like the other npcs) and offer new and cool postcards/stationary ;-;

Loulou Crossing is :
  • A new Animal Crossing content YouTube account

Loulou Crossing does not:
  • have a track record that we can rely on as far as being a believable source of leaks

Put these two facts together and you got me very incredulous as to what she could say to "market" her YouTube channel.

Loulou Crossing is :
  • A new Animal Crossing content YouTube account

Loulou Crossing does not:
  • have a track record that we can rely on as far as being a believable source of leaks

Put these two facts together and you got me very incredulous as to what she could say to "market" her YouTube channel.

There's also the issue that even if she is the real deal and knows someone who works at Nintendo - Nintendo could try to track down who her family member or friend is and easily could fire that person for breaking their NDA. And if you get fired by Nintendo for breaking NDA, good luck getting a job elsewhere. If someone contacts Nintendo to find out why you were fired and Nintendo says you broke NDA, other companies aren't going to want to hire you and risk you leaking their info.

If she is giving away inside information then the person giving it to her would be found out, surely, and reprimanded, or even fired.

She obviously can't keep a secret. :)

At this point, we're so close, who cares. If she wants to leak or maybe just gain a small following based on some pretty vanilla rumors. Go for it, sis.

I'm just going to hope that, if her information is accurate, it's based on an earlier/unfinished version of the game, and that's why swimming only worked by debugging. It would not blow over well if the game was released without swimming.

Well, if the rumors are true, I'm disappointed about the lack of Pelly/Phyllis. Really, I didn't like the changes to mail in ACNH from what we've seen so far, and was hoping we could build a proper post office in the game. Even though we typically don't send mail to one another in the real world, I feel like Animal Crossing should always have this feature; its one of those small things that give the game charm.

I'm not too surprised about diving, as we haven't seen one glimpse at it at all. Personally, I liked the idea of being able to swim, but diving itself felt a bit boring to me. If they plan to patch it in later, I hope they'll try to make it feel a bit more fun.

Other than that, it looks like I'll be pretty picky when it comes to my town at the start, resetting for an airport and fruit that I really want. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

I'm just going to hope that, if her information is accurate, it's based on an earlier/unfinished version of the game, and that's why swimming only worked by debugging. It would not blow over well if the game was released without swimming.

If there is no swimming to begin with, hopefully the blow over will cause Nintendo to release it as a DLC patch asap. They did some small things in the amiibo update for Animal Crossing, like I remember everyone complaining that balloon presents only containing balloon furniture and they fixed it. Only problem is the WA update came 4 years later so hopefully they're a little faster with fixes this time around (if there are any...).

Nintendo to release it as a DLC patch asap.

I'm just going to point out that this is extremely unreasonable.

- they have to code it, which can take a lot of time with debugging, etc. Will this new code cause bugs in existing code, etc?
- they have to create new animations, models, textures, etc.

"ASAP" is just unreasonable. If they do decide to release it as an update feature, it will come out when its ready. /:

- they have to code it, which can take a lot of time with debugging, etc. Will this new code cause bugs in existing code, etc?

"ASAP" is just unreasonable. If they do decide to release it as an update feature, it will come out when its ready. /:

They could have content lined up, I mean we are getting an update on release day.

Aside from this, I just don't think there will be a lot of backlash, personally. I can see fans being a bit more uptight about the lack of certain NPCs (such as Pelly/Phyllis) than diving.

Well ASAP is basically the same as "when it's ready". As soon as possible just means rolling it out when it's done instead of waiting to include it in the next big patch. I don't really understand why you think it's unreasonable, it really isn't. Like I said, as soon as possible is better than waiting 4 years for the next large update to put it in.
In no way did I say they should rush it to release it to the public. Please don't just jump to conclusions about what I said and attack me for it, thank you.

If there is no swimming to begin with, hopefully the blow over will cause Nintendo to release it as a DLC patch asap. They did some small things in the amiibo update for Animal Crossing, like I remember everyone complaining that balloon presents only containing balloon furniture and they fixed it. Only problem is the WA update came 4 years later so hopefully they're a little faster with fixes this time around (if there are any...).

Oh I'm sure they'd patch it in if it's not there at launch. But I could still see it creating quite a fuss that it wasn't there to begin with. Take Sims 4's release as an example- Pools and toddlers were not in the game at launch (but were eventually patched in) and that alone soured many players' view of the game, as well as creating a poor atmosphere surrounding the game's launch.

And I'm not saying this just to be negative, the fact that it could potentially create an uproar is the very reason I think Nintendo wouldn't make the mistake of leaving swimming to be patched in later.

Last edited:
Aside from this, I just don't think there will be a lot of backlash, personally. I can see fans being a bit more uptight about the lack of certain NPCs (such as Pelly/Phyllis) than diving.

Diving was clunky. Maybe they took it out because people were complaining about it which would be sad because I loved the concept, just the execution needed a little tweaking. And big facts, AC fans will riot if the Pelican love story doesn't reach fruition.

It was a nice random thing to relax with, but its use felt forced. Plop in a diving feature, with new creatures to find that you arbitrarily have to collect for completion of the Museum. Outside of that, it's uses are.. what? The diving and swimming if you felt like it. Oh, and the diving trick. Literally the only thing I popped on the wet suit for.

While I'll miss swimming, I can live without it. It isn't a necessary feature.

Oh I'm sure they'd patch it in if it's not there at launch. But I could still see it creating quite a fuss that it wasn't there to begin with. Take Sims 4's release as an example- Pools and toddlers were not in the game at launch (but were eventually patched in) and that alone soured many players' view of the game, as well as creating a poor atmosphere surrounding the game's launch.

And I'm not saying this just to be negative, the fact that it could potentially create an uproar is the very reason I think Nintendo wouldn't make the mistake of leaving swimming to be patched in later.

Yeah you're right! That's what I was saying too, the uproar from people who enjoyed diving should be anticipated. I'm sure it was the same for WW when they took all the holidays out, leading to the re-inclusion of them in CF.

____

Also, just because some didn't like the feature doesn't mean it should not be included. There are people out there who enjoyed swimming and it shouldn't be removed just because a select group of people didn't like it. It could even be improved to make more people like the feature and released when it's ready (a.k.a. my original point).

Last edited:
Diving was clunky. Maybe they took it out because people were complaining about it which would be sad because I loved the concept, just the execution needed a little tweaking. And big facts, AC fans will riot if the Pelican love story doesn't reach fruition.

I agree, and that's a good word to describe it; clunky. I loved the way swimming itself was implemented, but diving just wasn't fun for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're initially delaying (or scrapped) swimming itself so fans must stick to crafting pole vaults/bridges in order to access the other parts of their island.

It shouldn't have been taken out, assuming it has been.

If not for the sea creatures then swimming was needed to reach the private beach.

Also, just because some didn't like the feature doesn't mean it should not be included. There are people out there who enjoyed swimming and it shouldn't be removed just because a select group of people didn't like it.

Exactly. Even if some didn't like swimming, it was a highly requested feature before New Leaf. Clearly people want swimming to be in Animal Crossing. Just because it wasn't the most ground-breaking feature ever, doesn't mean it's perfectly ok if it just gets scrapped entirely.

Back