• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Thoughts on Loulou Crossing rumors?

Kattastic

coffee addict
Bells
so for the uninitiated, loulou crossing is an AC youtuber who claims to have a friend at nintendo who’s given her information about new horizons. some of her rumors have actually seemingly been confirmed, so i personally think there’s some merit to the unconfirmed ones, but i want to know what you all think. i went through her videos and compiled things she’s said.

potential spoiler warning.

(seemingly) confirmed rumors:
all of these were stated with timestamps before the information was actually released/discovered.
* starting personalities are uchi & jock (?)
* seasonal characters are dlc.
* resetti drives a helicopter.
* resetti’s rescue helicopter costs book miles.

unconfirmed rumors:
* every town has a random “town color” that’s the same as the airport color & things like certain items you get from nook miles will only be in this color.
* pelly and phyllis aren’t in the game.
* gulliver gives a golden tool.
* gulliver gives a rare item set.
* the max villager cap is 10.
* there’s native fruit-themed craftable furniture.
* swimming might not be implemented, but if you debug into the water, the swimming animation happens.

Last edited:
1. i’m hoping this one isn’t true but it honestly seems kind of plausible
2. since the mailing process might now be taking place in the airport, pelly and pete might actually be out of a job - i hope its not true, though
3 and 4. i’m not sure about the golden tool, but he did give semi-rare items in new leaf (even though they were reorderable) so it’s definitely possible that he’ll give exclusive furniture again.
5. definitely likely, though i hope they increased it to at least 12

So these rumors were done before they were announced? Like at all? Some of these seem easy even after the first few videos. Are they given any wrong rumors?

Sorry if I seem skeptical, but I feel you always got to take rumors with a grain of salt. These do seem realistic.

She also said that if you debug your char into the water, they will start to swim. That is, the animations are in the game but the functionality isn?t yet, suggesting a patch / future update.

Edit: also it makes sense for Gulliver to give the golden slingshot (to shoot down ufo). One of the demos had a statue of liberty on their island. Could be from Gulliver.

Last edited:
So these rumors were done before they were announced? Like at all? Some of these seem easy even after the first few videos. Are they given any wrong rumors?

Sorry if I seem skeptical, but I feel you always got to take rumors with a grain of salt. These do seem realistic.

The Resetti helicopter info came from her about 2 weeks before the direct on 2/20, and she mentioned seasonal DLC in a video over a week before it was announced in a direct — I can find screenshots/timestamps of everything if enough people are curious. She said that we have Uchi/jock on the day the direct came out in an analysis video, so that one could have been guessed.

It could all be fake but some of it definitely makes me think she really has inside info.

- - - Post Merge - - -

She also said that if you debug your char into the water, they will start to swim. That is, the animations are in the game but the functionality isn’t yet, suggesting a patch / future update.

Edit: also it makes sense for Gulliver to give the golden slingshot (to shoot down ufo). One of the demos had a statue of liberty on their island. Could be from Gulliver.

Interesting!! I’ll add it to the list. I agree about Gulliver & the golden slingshot potentially.

unconfirmed rumors:
* every town has a random ?town color? that?s the same as the airport color & things like certain items you get from nook miles will only be in this color.
* pelly and phyllis aren?t in the game.
* gulliver gives a golden tool.
* gulliver gives a rare item set.
* the max villager cap is 10.
* there?s native fruit-themed craftable furniture.
* swimming might not be implemented, but if you debug into the water, the swimming animation happens.

1. If this is true then I'm resetting for a blue airport.
2. Again, will be resetting for apples anyway.
3. This is disappointing, I don't understand the need to cut NPCs from the game, especially ones that have been with us since the start.
4/5. This information is pretty neutral to me, I've never actually been one to collect golden tools.
5. This is very likely, though I would prefer 12 villagers.

6 (from post above): that's a little disappointing but good that it could be patched in. I wonder why this wouldn't be in from the start, I guess they actually needed more delay time but were too worried about delaying it again since there's been no sign of any big Switch games this first half of the year.

It's hard to believe rumours, but there's also some true ones out there that get overshadowed by all the fake ones. I remember on Reddit some guy leaked info from the AC direct before it was even announced and a lot of it turned out to be true. It was a shame I didn't screen the post because it got deleted.

Last edited:
Well that sucks if Pelly and Phyllis are gone. :-/

I keep hoping we will find out there is some sort of retirement/ vacation community island and all of the older characters who seem to have been cut will be there living the good life.

Probably not, but a gal can dream...

I've come across their channel, and from further research she did call a lot of stuff that ended up confirmed. It's not unusual for someone to actually have someone who works at Nintendo and doesn't care about the NDAs and will leak information to others.

Just look at the Pokemon and Smash Bros. series.

Does this confirm her as legitimate? No. Sometimes people have good guesses. Right now, I'd label them as a "in the middle" of the scale. They're either a good fake, or a legitimate pseudo-leaker.

It could all be fake but some of it definitely makes me think she really has inside info.

Yeah that’s the thing. She doesn’t strike me as a liar or like she's just making good guesses. I think she really has a source.

Last edited:
I keep hoping we will find out there is some sort of retirement/ vacation community island and all of the older characters who seem to have been cut will be there living the good life.

Probably not, but a gal can dream...

I'm hoping for either that, or that they will be random special characters that visit your island from time to time on vacation.

there’s native fruit-themed craftable furniture. I think I saw a few of the pax east videos that showed this would have to watch again to find the right one

there’s native fruit-themed craftable furniture. I think I saw a few of the pax east videos that showed this would have to watch again to find the right one

Huh, this could be another one confirmed for her then.

- - - Post Merge - - -

JezDayy said:
It's hard to believe rumours, but there's also some true ones out there that get overshadowed by all the fake ones. I remember on Reddit some guy leaked info from the AC direct before it was even announced and a lot of it turned out to be true. It was a shame I didn't screen the post because it got deleted.

I think I remember the Reddit one you?re talking about! I?m honestly surprised there haven?t been more leaks, maybe they?re really on lock down or AC just isn?t leak-worthy enough? It feels like we?re just barely getting info.

Does she know if grapes are in the game? :)

Edit. Nevermind. To get perfect grapes they have to be your native fruit, and I doubt grapes would ever be native. And they don't really grow on trees. Not that whale sharks really fit in your pocket. :)

Last edited:
Well I’m not happy about pelly and Phyllis being gone but I’m kinda convinced there’s a lot of characters and features that are coming in an update at some point along the road.

Wow I'm more bummed than I thought I would be that pelly and phyllis might not make it in, at least not in their usual job setting. I'm sure all the NPC characters will be available to take pictures with in Photopia. But it just sucks they were replaced with a card stand

Why can't we swim?

A new game is meant to be progressive, expand on key features, not take them away.

Yea, I gotta say this sounds like it could be true.

People should be let down by this if it does end up being true. I'm sure Nintendo could easily add more villagers in updates, or add new jobs for character that aren't in the game anymore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why can't we swim?

A new game is meant to be progressive, expand on key features, not take them away.

We better be able to swim at some point. It would be really stupid to have us catch deep sea creatures from a dock or the shore. Just doesn't make sense.

Back