• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Thoughts on Loulou Crossing rumors?

I won?t be too upset if it?s gone, but I?m one of the people who really enjoyed the swimming feature originally. On some hot days I got a feeling reminiscent of childhood?when you?re on the way to the pool or beach and your whole body is just desperate to dip into the water.

That aside, I still maintain that the removal would be extra weird and surprising considering that the whole setting and theme of the game is based on an island vacation. Not really the game to cut swimming out of, imo.

Last edited:
I won’t be too upset if it’s gone, but I’m one of the people who really enjoyed the swimming feature originally. On some hot days I got a feeling reminiscent of childhood—when you’re on the way to the pool or beach and your whole body is just desperate to dip into the water.

That aside, I still maintain that the removal would be extra weird and surprising considering that the whole setting and theme of the game is based on an island vacation. Not really the game to cut swimming out of, imo.

Yeah, exactly!
Swimming was a new feature in NL that should've been improved and expanded upon in NH, not removed.

Makes no sense, as you said, especially on a deserted island.

Last edited:
Okay uh, swimming not being in is weird. Even if it's patched in later, I dunno If I like all of these planned patches for the game. Feels a bit strange.

Okay uh, swimming not being in is weird. Even if it's patched in later, I dunno If I like all of these planned patches for the game. Feels a bit strange.

Unfortunately that's the norm with games these days; they seem to be released "unfinished" and patches bring in new features in the future.

Unfortunately that's the norm with games these days; they seem to be released "unfinished" and patches bring in new features in the future.

I'm usually fine with it happening in other games but it just really doesn't feel Animal Crossing like to me lol. Oh well.

Sad if Pelly and Phyllis are gone. I enjoyed the love triangle they had with Pete. A bit of drama helped to make the game's special NPC's more interesting.

So far we see 3 characters lost their jobs...
1 - Harriet, you can change your looks in the mirror.
2 - Dr. Shunk, you will learn emotions from the villagers.
3 - Pete, Pelly and Phyllis, mail services will be in the airport.
& only one character has his job replaced with another job is Resetti

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Honestly I'll be fine without swimming. In New Leaf it was such a pain. Though I guess they could have made it a much smoother mechanic if they really wanted to.

So far we see 3 characters lost their jobs...
1 - Harriet, you can change your looks in the mirror.
2 - Dr. Shunk, you will learn emotions from the villagers.
3 - Pete, Pelly and Phyllis, mail services will be in the airport.
& only one character has his job replaced with another job is Resetti

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Also Joan, Nat and Chip (all replaced by younger, “cuter” counterparts)

Leif might be gone too, I've seen a video clip on Twitter of a villager walking up to that case at the shop Tommy and Timmy owns and sitting in it were flower seeds and a bunch of other things.

Reese and Cyrus also might be gone too.

All of the missing NPC’s will show up at some point. Probably all with new jobs. Heck, even if they’re just amiibo-locked, at least they’ll still be in the game program. Remember, we have cards for all of the old NPCs. They may not all be active at first, but they eventually will be.

All of the missing NPC’s will show up at some point. Probably all with new jobs. Heck, even if they’re just amiibo-locked, at least they’ll still be in the game program. Remember, we have cards for all of the old NPCs. They may not all be active at first, but they eventually will be.

Hopefully.

I just don't get why they got rid of them in the first place.

It feels less like AC without Phyllis, for example.

Hey, what about Wendell?
Have we heard anything on him? :)

Hopefully.

I just don't get why they got rid of them in the first place.

It feels less like AC without Phyllis, for example.

Hey, what about Wendell?
Have we heard anything on him? :)
Not yet. I hope Wendell returns.

If Pelly and Phyllis absence and inability to swim are real, We brawl. jk

But in all seriousness, i can't really trust on these rumours 100%. It's not really logical if we can't swim although the fact the island is surrounded by water and it's slightly more than in New Leaf

They're probably just keeping swimming a surprise, or they just didn't have a swimsuit ready to showcase it...,or just ssumed we already know it exists, so why show it? In New Leaf, IIRC, we couldn't swim until we bought the suit from the island, which also required unlocking the island. We may have to progress in the new game before we're aloud to swim.

Animal Crossing New Leaf was like a beta test for this game. We got to test placing our homes, some buildings (Cafe), PWPs, bridges, etc. We got to customize some furniture, and we got a chance to go to an island and get Swim suits. Wouldn't seem right if they just took away swimming after 1 game. Especially in an island based game.

Last edited:
Hey, I just wanna clear some things up.

Hey everyone! It?s me, Lou Lou. One of my friends showed me this thread & I feel very uncomfortable & a little upset at some people misinterpreting me & my actions. First of all, I want to say sorry if me talking about these rumours has made any of you upset.

But to get right into it; I do in fact talk to somebody online who claims they work at Nintendo. I do not have proof or know for a fact that this person does or not. I don?t want to say this in videos or tweets because I don?t want to put this person in danger. However, reading through this thread I can agree that it?s stupid of me to share this info and not think about that. To be completely honest, I?m not very good at keeping a secret, especially if it?s about animal crossing! And I see so many things said online & I?m just bursting to say ?but I heard this!!?. It?s probably a bad thing, I know. But it was never meant to get clout or anything, I honestly just enjoyed telling people because being the only person in the know makes me feel super weird!

I did make a response to this thread on my twitter but I?ll say it here too. Please don?t take anything I ?may or may not have heard? as facts or leaks, it was never my intention for it to seem that way. I?m really sorry if it makes me seem like an untrustworthy person. I?m honestly just here to enjoy animal crossing & make animal crossing videos & I never meant to upset anybody or make anybody mistrust me. These are just things someone has told me, and could all be fake, but so far everything they have told he has turned out to be true. I am not trying to spread misinformation, I was only trying to share rumours I have been told because I thought others would be interested. But I won?t be sharing anything I get told like this anymore because I don?t want anyone to misjudge me and my intentions. I hope you can all understand a little bit better. 💗

You don?t have to like me or my content, but If there?s anything you want to know, you are all welcome to just ask me! Making a thread to talk about me like this makes me a little uncomfortable haha, I am really easy to get hold of so please feel free to just message me about anything! I hope I haven?t caused any trouble & I hope you?re all having a great day. 💗💗💗

Hey everyone! It’s me, Lou Lou. One of my friends showed me this thread & I feel very uncomfortable & a little upset at some people misinterpreting me & my actions. First of all, I want to say sorry if me talking about these rumours has made any of you upset.

But to get right into it; I do in fact talk to somebody online who claims they work at Nintendo. I do not have proof or know for a fact that this person does or not. I don’t want to say this in videos or tweets because I don’t want to put this person in danger. However, reading through this thread I can agree that it’s stupid of me to share this info and not think about that. To be completely honest, I’m not very good at keeping a secret, especially if it’s about animal crossing! And I see so many things said online & I’m just bursting to say “but I heard this!!”. It’s probably a bad thing, I know. But it was never meant to get clout or anything, I honestly just enjoyed telling people because being the only person in the know makes me feel super weird!

I did make a response to this thread on my twitter but I’ll say it here too. Please don’t take anything I “may or may not have heard” as facts or leaks, it was never my intention for it to seem that way. I’m really sorry if it makes me seem like an untrustworthy person. I’m honestly just here to enjoy animal crossing & make animal crossing videos & I never meant to upset anybody or make anybody mistrust me. These are just things someone has told me, and could all be fake, but so far everything they have told he has turned out to be true. I am not trying to spread misinformation, I was only trying to share rumours I have been told because I thought others would be interested. But I won’t be sharing anything I get told like this anymore because I don’t want anyone to misjudge me and my intentions. I hope you can all understand a little bit better. ��

You don’t have to like me or my content, but If there’s anything you want to know, you are all welcome to just ask me! Making a thread to talk about me like this makes me a little uncomfortable haha, I am really easy to get hold of so please feel free to just message me about anything! I hope I haven’t caused any trouble & I hope you’re all having a great day. ������

I'm sorry it makes you uncomfortable, but it comes with this sort of field. Being a person distributing 'leaks' will bring out negativity towards you, as you are the voice.

Just be aware that you're putting yourself at risk legally, as well as this person you speak of should what you say holds true. And prepare yourself for negative words towards you, as you'll likely get much more. It comes with this sort of thing.

Hey everyone! It’s me, Lou Lou. One of my friends showed me this thread & I feel very uncomfortable & a little upset at some people misinterpreting me & my actions. First of all, I want to say sorry if me talking about these rumours has made any of you upset.

But to get right into it; I do in fact talk to somebody online who claims they work at Nintendo. I do not have proof or know for a fact that this person does or not. I don’t want to say this in videos or tweets because I don’t want to put this person in danger. However, reading through this thread I can agree that it’s stupid of me to share this info and not think about that. To be completely honest, I’m not very good at keeping a secret, especially if it’s about animal crossing! And I see so many things said online & I’m just bursting to say “but I heard this!!”. It’s probably a bad thing, I know. But it was never meant to get clout or anything, I honestly just enjoyed telling people because being the only person in the know makes me feel super weird!

I did make a response to this thread on my twitter but I’ll say it here too. Please don’t take anything I “may or may not have heard” as facts or leaks, it was never my intention for it to seem that way. I’m really sorry if it makes me seem like an untrustworthy person. I’m honestly just here to enjoy animal crossing & make animal crossing videos & I never meant to upset anybody or make anybody mistrust me. These are just things someone has told me, and could all be fake, but so far everything they have told he has turned out to be true. I am not trying to spread misinformation, I was only trying to share rumours I have been told because I thought others would be interested. But I won’t be sharing anything I get told like this anymore because I don’t want anyone to misjudge me and my intentions. I hope you can all understand a little bit better. ��

You don’t have to like me or my content, but If there’s anything you want to know, you are all welcome to just ask me! Making a thread to talk about me like this makes me a little uncomfortable haha, I am really easy to get hold of so please feel free to just message me about anything! I hope I haven’t caused any trouble & I hope you’re all having a great day. ������

I don't believe too many rumors anyway. :)

Wow. If this is true you and this online friend both aren’t the best at thinking things through, huh?
You sharing something presumably confidential publicly without considering the consequences—them sharing it with an AC Youtuber of all people?

I get wanting to “clear your name”, so to speak, but you can’t deny that it adds up to a fairly bizarre situation xD

Making a thread to talk about me like this makes me a little uncomfortable haha

I hope this doesn’t come across as rude or anything, but this thread isn’t about really about you and definitely wasn’t made to talk about you as a person, it’s about the rumors you put out. Of course, your credibility has been discussed by some, but that comes with making ‘leaks’.

Last edited:
Back