• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

Gentlemen:

-6x6 acres, at least
-Beaches can be on the right, left and bottom areas of the town (not north - we still need a gate :3)
-Cliffs can still be on the left and/or right of town instead of beaches
-Grass wear still happens like in City Folk, but at a much slower rate, mabye 1/3 of the speed of wear on CF
-Trees, flowers and weeds help grass grow back in the area they're in slowly but surely. If you want another, quicker way for it to grow back, mabye grass seed? Plant some and water it.
-No city, it wasn't even a real city anyway (grumble)
-Redd's and Katrina's tents anyone? Mabye other tents and stalls and stuff in a market - one acre almost all stone-grounded selling stuff. Mabye a place for Joan/Sahara etc. to turn up to on special days.
-Summer campers!! I miss them :')
-Bushes should be movable/plantable etc. They should grow like trees, taking 3 full days to grow to full size. The only way to destroy them is with a shovel. They should be able to grow anywhere, except on sand, stone, water (duh) and next to the main cliffs (the ones at the edge of town). Players can hide in them for online games?
-No more plants/tools bieng sold at Tom's, how's about a garden stall? That could be in the market I mentioned earlier.
It should be harder to make money, and harder to upgrade your house, for more realism/lifespan in the game. Obviously, it shouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE to upgrade...
-House sizes? Mabye Wild World, but with a basement.
-More fish/bugs and more methods to catch them (well for bugs anyway)
-HOLIDAYS
-Northen lights! :D
-A slower transition between seasons..? I hated it when I woke up one morning on Wild World and there was suddenly snow everywhere...
-Loads more activities during winter. The main problem I had with City Folk was it came out here in England in the middle of winter, when there was NOTHING to do at all, not a good way to begin :/ from the looks of things, AC3DS could be coming out about the same time (october was the last I heard)
-An option to toggle music on/off. Call me wierd but sometimes I just want sound effects. Adds a bit of depth :>

And that's all I can come up with right now, opinions are valued. It's my first post so most of my ideas will be useless but whatever :D

More Acres
More mario outfits and furniture
Possibly gold, silver, and platinum tools
The City at your town (the buildings and such)
NO SERENA
The mansion (in ACWW)

I think it's given that there will be more acres than Wild World with the 3DS' larger game cards and processing power. I hope the town fund thing returns from CF, with more to add to the town

NO SERENA
Yes. No Serena.

Also, I just bought a 3DS and the new art style will look brilliant on it. If they change it, I'll be really dissapointed :'(

I don't think we should be able to transfer character from WildWorld/CityFolk, because I think they two are meant to be together while AC3DS is meant to be with Animal Crossing on Project Cafe! Also, in AC3DS you are grown up, so... Nope.

Nintendo DS -> Nintendo Wii X Nintendo 3DS -> Nintendo Cafe/Stream/Feel

I don't think we should be able to transfer character from WildWorld/CityFolk, because I think they two are meant to be together while AC3DS is meant to be with Animal Crossing on Project Cafe! Also, in AC3DS you are grown up, so... Nope.

Nintendo DS -> Nintendo Wii X Nintendo 3DS -> Nintendo Cafe/Stream/Feel

That's a good point, and it's not like the character transfer did much anyway...

Mines. Which you can get to by having a pickaxe, used like any other tool, which has a gold & silver version to it.
Well, there's not a big chance that it will have this feature, but something similiar I hope.

Nookingtons should have an expansion,Nookmall.Containing Gracie grace,Nookingtons,the cafe,shampoodles,HRA,and the auction house.Katrina and Crazy redd tents can be outside of the stores.Shampoodle should be a separate building before the expansion.

You should be able to write to your mom in the game. Just a thought. I always felt bad that I got money and fruit from my mom but I never even got to say thankyou... I think the new hairstyles would be great too. I'm getting rather tired of the same ones. And NES Games were really fun as well!

I hope that the house in Animal Crossing 3DS resembles the house of Wild World, although I would like the basement to make a come back. AND this would be the house of a single player, not every human in town. A three room house simply does not cut it for even one of my players. I don't want to share my house, but I would like it to be big enough that I could. (Even though I won't.. ;])

What's the point of all this delicious new content if I am not allowed to make a large enough place to store my individual tastes?

-Give me a separate space for clothing, perhaps a walk-in closet, which would occupy one of the attached rooms of the house in Wild World. It would be the one area in the game where you can take clothes out, try them on, and put them back without opening and closing so many menu-type screens.

-Provide me with dressers and such to be filled with other odds and ends; special furniture sets, outdated but still valuable silver tools, scallops for Pascal.. Any old thing. Possibly have all dressers on one floor correspond, while those on another could be filled with entirely different things.

-Allow me to make use of the attic space. It is such a waste. Why not let me decorate the whole room? And move the bed around, add other furniture, move the phone, etc. It would still act as the save place, but now I don't need another space in my house to be occupied by bedroom type things.

-Give my neighbors the desire to have a larger house. Make some rich, make some poor, but at least make a few of them work to have bigger and better things. I want to be able to walk into a neighbor's house and be JEALOUS, not pity their misfortune.

-I'd also like to be given more dialog options when speaking to neighbors. Can't I at least ask them for something to do? Please?

-Specific complaints about the town's greenery, similar to the GameCube Version, where the wishing well would tip you off to any area that needs more foliage by giving you the acre's coordinates. BUT do NOT bring back that annoying snapping between acres. I can open my map and see which acre I am in, I don't need an awkward jolt every two seconds when running from the (southern) ocean all the way back to the gate.

-Swimming will be sweet, but I have to wonder if there will be a purpose to this activity? Can I swim up or downstream in a river faster than I could run it? Will running in my grass destroy it? If so, swimming up or downstream would definitely serve a purpose. My hopes were raised further when the boy in the new footage dove down into the water, leading me to believe if I can't catch fish while swimming, I can still swim around and look at them beneath the waves.

-And here's something to wrap your brain around. Since you can clearly purchase shoes, pants, tops, and all of that good stuff, imagine how large The Able Sister's shop would need to become to be a competent vendor of all these things. Do you think we will witness new clothing vendor's in town? Will the City be back with more stores? Remember the empty building in the city? Maybe Nook will open a new place there, besides his successful Nookington's in town. Since, the story goes he had a place there at one point. I can't imagine it just staying empty if the city does return.

I am extremely excited for this Game and I have put a lot of thought into it, so PLEASE, Nintendo, don't make me wait much longer, or you'll be paying for traumatic cranial implosion bills on my behalf.

Last edited:
LOOKING 4 WI-FI!!!! @_@

Don't worry, it will have WiFi no doubt. Wonder what kind of things you can do while playing via WiFi though!

Really, I hope AC:3DS has more yearly celebrations like Fourth of July (for Americans), and other holidays for other countries as well. They also need to make it possible to be able to go downtown (if there is one) with your friends via WiFi. Soo many things I can list but really there would be no point since we aren't making the game and Nintendo never asks for suggestions.

If you think about it, there is no reason the city should return. In Wild World all the people in the city came to your town in random dates, and it was portable, so the only reason you wouldn't catch them is if you didn't go on. But in City Folk, it is on the Wii, which is obviously not portable. So you should have a way to get to them. Comprende? :D

If you think about it, there is no reason the city should return. In Wild World all the people in the city came to your town in random dates, and it was portable, so the only reason you wouldn't catch them is if you didn't go on. But in City Folk, it is on the Wii, which is obviously not portable. So you should have a way to get to them. Comprende? :D

The GameCube version was not portable, and it obviously didn't have a city. So, I don't think the city is directed related to the console, just an evolution of the game. Personally, I think it will return. BUT I also hope Nintendo will play it up a little more. Make me want to go there all the time.

My only real reasoning for a return is that with shoes, pants, skirts, dresses, and so much more content in general, there has to be someone who can sell it. Able Sister's would be HUGE otherwise. Either that, or it would take you a month to find a pair of pants to match a shirt you like in their current store. Maybe we'll see the first Able Sister's upgrade? Yea. Wrap your mind around that.

What if they give us garden-type items to plant besides the two types of turnips? Like carrots, tomatoes, etc. Then we could have cool wheat fields to run around in outside!

That would essentially turn it into harvest moon

BUT it would be optional, entirely eliminating the Harvest Moon-esque feeling. Same thing with planting more crops, it's optional in Animal Crossing because you don't need energy from food, and you have other forms of income available. It would give those who want it more things to do, though. That's what I want. More to do, that I don't necessarily have to do, to make progress in the game. OPTIONS!!

The GameCube version was not portable, and it obviously didn't have a city. So, I don't think the city is directed related to the console, just an evolution of the game. Personally, I think it will return. BUT I also hope Nintendo will play it up a little more. Make me want to go there all the time.

My only real reasoning for a return is that with shoes, pants, skirts, dresses, and so much more content in general, there has to be someone who can sell it. Able Sister's would be HUGE otherwise. Either that, or it would take you a month to find a pair of pants to match a shirt you like in their current store. Maybe we'll see the first Able Sister's upgrade? Yea. Wrap your mind around that.

You're forgetting that the city is not required to have another possible building.

The city was an obvious last moment gimmick to make City Folk look like it was something different from Wild World. It's just so obvious. Hopefully, Nintendo has an brain in their head and realize that the city is just not a good thing at all. It's very possible to add the couple of characters/buildings that were in the city (that mattered and/or weren't characters borrowed from the visitor's list) to the village in some fashion.

I can't see the city returning. If it does, Nintendo has lost me with this series. They have no idea what they're doing anymore.

You're forgetting that the city is not required to have another possible building.

The city was an obvious last moment gimmick to make City Folk look like it was something different from Wild World. It's just so obvious. Hopefully, Nintendo has an brain in their head and realize that the city is just not a good thing at all. It's very possible to add the couple of characters/buildings that were in the city (that mattered and/or weren't characters borrowed from the visitor's list) to the village in some fashion.

I can't see the city returning. If it does, Nintendo has lost me with this series. They have no idea what they're doing anymore.

I hope it does return. If not, the little village you have will lose it's country feel. It will become urbanized. But, if those buildings don't go somewhere, the expensive furniture and clothing of Gracie Grace won't be available, because it certainly won't be sold alongside of Tom Nook's inexpensive wares.

I could see the city upgrading itself. Especially Gracie Grace's store to become more of a two level store like Nook's with it's furniture on one floor and a clothing department on the second floor.

It would be interesting to see Gracie Grace in the village/town. Maybe as mayor you can allow people to move stores into town. Doubt it, though.

Back