• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pick my villagers, please. Who should leave?

Who should go? Top two will be replaced.

• Bones

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Boots

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Sherb

• Ione

• Skye

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

kemdi

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
I made a mistake: I kicked out Reneigh for Bones. Bones was in the campsite and on a whim, I told him to move to town when I shouldn't have.
Another thing is that I want Cherry and Sheldon. They were my original villagers when I first started my island, and I want them back. Cherry is currently in my campsite, by amiibo. She's ready to move in. Sheldon is next.

Here's my current lineup of who should probably go and why:

Bones:
Pros: Very cute, and has an awesome house. Only there because I invited him and I want to get to see him live on my island.
Cons: I kinda regret moving him in. If my brain had been working the way it was supposed to, I would've replaced Reneigh with Cherry, not him.

Boots:
Pros: Long time resident and one of my favs. I love having him around.
Cons: He's been here for some years and I want Sheldon back.

Sherb:
Pros: I love his house, and so far he's been giving the best gifts.
Cons: I feel like he's been here too long, and he keeps wearing that torn raggedy doctor's coat. Granted I gave it to him, but still..

Ione:
Pros: One of my dreamies. Totally love having her on my island.
Cons: I'm not too attached, I already have her pic, I have her amiibo and she's very popular. She'll easily find another island and I don't mind letting her go if she's someone else's dreamie who can't find her...

Skye:
Pros: She's very cute, and I put in the effort to find her using only nmts, so I do want to keep her around longer.
Cons: I find her to be a bit boring especially compared to Ione and I already have her pic. Also, her house is too vanilla, and while I know I can change it with HHP, I don't feel like it.

My other villagers are: Diana, Harry, Croque, Penelope, and Raymond. They're safe from the chopping block and off-limits so they won't be moving anytime soon.
Also, if both Skye/Ione or Sherb/Bones are top two placed, I'll only choose first place, and then take the third highest, since I still want at least one normal and one lazy villager on my island.

I like Bones but for your situation- I voted Bones.
If I had to vote multiple, it'd be Bones, Skye and Sherb. I wouldn't get rid of Boots especially if you love having him around!

I tried to vote for Sherb and Skye, but the poll only let me choose one. I haven't had any of these villagers before, but I just looked them up on Nookepedia.

Bones-KEEP. He has a library house! That's awesome!

Boots-KEEP. I was going to vote to kick him off, but then I saw his farm house complete with a well. I have a soft spot for the houses that don't look like houses on the inside.

Sherb-BOOT. He's pretty, but he and his house just don't stand out compared to all the others.

Ione-KEEP. I recently came across her on a villager hunt and really wanted to recruit her. Unfortunately, I needed a sisterly, and she didn't fit the bill. Maybe someone will ask for her in this thread, but too often, it feels like any villagers I try to give away just disappear into the ether.

Skye-BOOT. She's very pretty, but she and her house just don't stand out compared to the others.

I said Ione, because it doesn’t seem like you would miss her. Though, you mentioned she’s your dreamie, so maybe Sherb would be the better option? he seems to have less major pros than the others (I wasn’t really looking at the pros when I voted)

I tried to vote for Sherb and Skye, but the poll only let me choose one. I haven't had any of these villagers before, but I just looked them up on Nookepedia.

Bones-KEEP. He has a library house! That's awesome!

Boots-KEEP. I was going to vote to kick him off, but then I saw his farm house complete with a well. I have a soft spot for the houses that don't look like houses on the inside.

Sherb-BOOT. He's pretty, but he and his house just don't stand out compared to all the others.

Ione-KEEP. I recently came across her on a villager hunt and really wanted to recruit her. Unfortunately, I needed a sisterly, and she didn't fit the bill. Maybe someone will ask for her in this thread, but too often, it feels like any villagers I try to give away just disappear into the ether.

Skye-BOOT. She's very pretty, but she and her house just don't stand out compared to the others.
Sorry about that, thanks for telling me! I changed it to multiple options.

It sounds like you have some kind of attachment to all 5 villagers. I can tell why this is a hard decision for you to make!

Since you regret moving Bones in, I’d say that replacing him with Cherry is a no-brainer. He is very cute, but if you aren’t 100% happy with your decision to move him in, there’s not really any point in keeping him. Especially if you’d like having Cherry around more. Though, if you want to keep Bones around longer, I’d go with Sherb instead since it sounds like you’re the least attached to him.

I know you don’t want to get rid of both of your lazies, so along with either Bones or Sherb, I’d also let Skye go. She’s very gorgeous (and one of my personal fave villagers), and I appreciate the effort you put into trying to find her via NMTs. But if those are the only reasons why you’re wanting to keep her, I’d let her go. It sounds like you prefer Ione and are more attached to her, and since you want to keep one of your normals, I think keeping Ione and replacing Skye with Sheldon whenever you’re ready would be the better option.

But at the end of the day, which villagers you decide to let go of is entirely up to you. No one knows your attachments to each of your villagers better than you. However, based off of what you’ve said, it sounds like Boots and Ione are definite keeps for you, so really your choice boils down to Sherb, Bones and/or Skye. All 3 of them are great villagers, but it really only matters what you think about them, since it’s your island and your choice.

Something I do when I’m struggling with a decision like this is I leave it up to RNG. I’ll put the names of the villagers I’m thinking of letting go of into a random name picker or something, and if I’m disappointed by the villager that it picks, I keep that one and let go of the other.

Good luck! 💗

I have read your thread thoroughly and carefully, it sounds like you really want Boots and Bones gone, so I voted for those two, considering you would have replaced Reneigh for Cherry, not Bones, and like you also said, Boots has been around for too long, and you want Sheldon back.

Well, Bones and Boots interest me the least out of these five, and I feel like Sherb (who I also have), Ione, and Skye go well together. 🩵💙❄️🌨️☁️☄️✨

The top votes are Sherb, Bones, and Skye. Sherb has the most and I don't wanna lose both him and Bones, so Sherb and Skye it is.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and for helping me decide, I really do appreciate it. ❤️

I voted for Skye, sorry Skye, I just don't like blue villagers, and between her and Ione, Ione won lol

Sherb or Bones imo.
You seem to regret having Bones and I don't particularly like Sherb.
But, I'd say let the roulette decide who will move out! That takes away the stress of the situation.

I say Bones and Ione. Seems like you're ready to be rid of both.

Back