• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

-More Gyroids
-The power to make laws (you're the mayor, right?)
-Keep the city
-The island
-Have two towns once you've gotten to a certain point (but one house), and have a bridge though them
-More fruits

Why you guys hatin' on the city?

It's not that bad, adding more gimmicks and making some gimmicks even more important is good, right?

-More Gyroids
-The power to make laws (you're the mayor, right?)
-Keep the city
-The island
-Have two towns once you've gotten to a certain point (but one house), and have a bridge though them
-More fruits

It's not that bad, adding more gimmicks and making some gimmicks even more important is good, right?

In my opinion, the city kinda ruins the whole "isolated from the urban world" thing that animal crossing had.

It's not that bad? It was a horrible gimmick that sapped away replay value. In a game that was already so lazily made that was like the nail in the coffin.

The city shouldn't return.

i kinda like the city but they should have added apartments and bus to the city during wifi session!

They could make the city bigger, have more uses, and make it Wi-Fi enabled if you have Wi-Fi.

You could meet other AC players there, and your friends could go there with you.
There could be servers (with passwords), so you and your friends can play there.

1. Choosing at the start one out of three maps, i don't want to start again and again to find a good town
2. Catching reptiles (with the net) and birds (with special traps or baits or something)
3. A camera as a new tool, so you can take photos in the 1st person perspective
4. More characteristics, maybe combining so the villagers getting more individuality
5. More species for the villagers (reptiles, racoons, owls, flamingos, hedgehogs,skunks and so on)
6. More flowers (and hybrids), fishes, bugs, gyroids, festivals (all from gc, ds and wii-version and new), shells, fruits (adding nuts and berries), fossils
7. Open nook 24 hours, maybe get a new worker for the night duty or take the idea from animal crossing e+
8. bring back igloos and tents
9. mini-games with the objects (eg billard)
10. Add temperaturs, wind, fog, thunderstorm
11. A garden as expansion for your home
12. arrange color palettes on your own
13. more town decorations (windmill, lighthous, fountain, graveyard, something stone henge like, a very big epic tree, a reed-pond, a cruel withered tree (bigger than the other ponds) and so on) not all in one town but to choose when you spend money
14. buying sculptures from redd to spend to the museum
15. befriend with villagers so they treat you friendlier, or be hostile to someone so the villagers sayings are more individual
16. Having more towns/savegames (like in gc-version with two memorycards) so you can visit another city even if you don't have wifi or friends who are playing ac too
17. before a new villager moves to your town you can see on the bulletin where the villager places his home. Then you can remove the flowers and they don't disappear
18. new shops in the city, like a flowerstore(a butterfly is working here, you can buy flowers, grass-seeds, saplings), perfumery(a skunk-lady as seller, perfume will appear like a transparent colored cloud), apothecary shop (a snake-seller, you can buy mosquito repellent spray, ointmet, the medicin you getting now at nooks)
19. stinging nettle as new weeds somehow like clovers, if you run threw them or pick them up your skin is getting itchy and you need the special salve from the apothecary shop otherwise your character will stop often to scratch himself. In the flowerstore or at nooks you can buy gloves (a new „tool“) to prevent this
20. when you fall (pharao mask, trap) you get a graze and need the ointment from apothecary shop
21. you should be able to change the background music, there are a few melodys you can choose at the telephone in your house
22. adding new sayings for the villagers like dlccontent, so it will never get boring to speak with them and they don't repeat to often
23. A cave in the town where you can find mineralstone and stuff like that that you can spend for the museum. its like the underground from pokemon diamond/pearl
if you don't know it here' a description http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/underground.shtml

i hope you can understand what i'm meaning in these points, i don't speak english so there are certainly a few things that are not very good explained..

Last edited:
1. Choosing at the start one out of three maps, i don't want to start again and again to find a good town
2. Catching reptiles (with the net) and birds (with special traps or baits or something)
3. A camera as a new tool, so you can take photos in the 1st person perspective
4. More characteristics, maybe combining so the villagers getting more individuality
5. More species for the villagers (reptiles, racoons, owls, flamingos, hedgehogs,skunks and so on)
6. More flowers (and hybrids), fishes, bugs, gyroids, festivals (all from gc, ds and wii-version and new), shells, fruits (adding nuts and berries), fossils
7. Open nook 24 hours, maybe get a new worker for the night duty or take the idea from animal crossing e+
8. bring back igloos and tents
9. mini-games with the objects (eg billard)
10. Add temperaturs, wind, fog, thunderstorm
11. A garden as expansion for your home
12. arrange color palettes on your own
13. more town decorations (windmill, lighthous, fountain, graveyard, something stone henge like, a very big epic tree, a reed-pond, a cruel withered tree (bigger than the other ponds) and so on) not all in one town but to choose when you spend money
14. buying sculptures from redd to spend to the museum
15. befriend with villagers so they treat you friendlier, or be hostile to someone so the villagers sayings are more individual
16. Having more towns/savegames (like in gc-version with two memorycards) so you can visit another city even if you don't have wifi or friends who are playing ac too
17. before a new villager moves to your town you can see on the bulletin where the villager places his home. Then you can remove the flowers and they don't disappear
18. new shops in the city, like a flowerstore(a butterfly is working here, you can buy flowers, grass-seeds, saplings), perfumery(a skunk-lady as seller, perfume will appear like a transparent colored cloud), apothecary shop (a snake-seller, you can buy mosquito repellent spray, ointmet, the medicin you getting now at nooks)
19. stinging nettle as new weeds somehow like clovers, if you run threw them or pick them up your skin is getting itchy and you need the special salve from the apothecary shop otherwise your character will stop often to scratch himself. In the flowerstore or at nooks you can buy gloves (a new „tool“) to prevent this
20. when you fall (pharao mask, trap) you get a graze and need the ointment from apothecary shop
21. you should be able to change the background music, there are a few melodys you can choose at the telephone in your house
22. adding new sayings for the villagers like dlccontent, so it will never get boring to speak with them and they don't repeat to often
23. A cave in the town where you can find mineralstone and stuff like that that you can spend for the museum. its like the underground from pokemon diamond/pearl
if you don't know it here' a description http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/underground.shtml

i hope you can understand what i'm meaning in these points, i don't speak english so there are certainly a few things that are not very good explained..

Okay...
1- That would take the whole uniqueness of each player's towns.
2- Good idea :)
3- Not really possible, I think
4- GI :)
5- GI :)
6- Very good idea ^^
7- Well... the night shift idea was kind cool (like the post office building)
8- GI
9- Nah, mini-games are unecessary in this kind of title
10- GI :)
11- VGI ^^
12- VGI ^^
13- I would suggest an optional pond with fish you can put in (built in front of your house)
14- Hmm, not so sure about this one
15- GI
16- Not sure about this one either
17- It would be boring to know when new guys come in, so I don't think it's a good idea ^^
18- I lol'd at the butterfly attendant
19- VGI ^^
20- GI
21- VGI, maybe a SD card option? (such as in endless ocean)
22- sayings as dlc would be rather dumb and diffcult to do, in my opinion
23- VGI ^^
You brought up some good known ideas and yet some original ones, good work.

There are a lot of new things I would want to be in 3DS, but on the top of my list would be the music. I would give anything to change it in Wild World, I truly enjoyed that game, but the music killed me in not even 5 months.

Second, I would have to say change the style of it, but that's already been done.

Third, I would like ALL the facilities from the original BACK into 3DS, such as the Tree Fountain with added things such as philosophy or even some comical sayings. I would like to see the train from the original back, instead of the walk-through cave opening. I would LOVE if The Dump and the Police Station were back. Also, while not necessarily having "the island".. have the Pier back in the ocean and the big lake.

Fourth, I would like if there were more towns people in the village, 17-20 maybe. Have it called a town, you know, have lots of people there. I would think it very innovative if more people came to your town the closer to "Perfect" level your town gets.

Fifth, I would like it if the game asked you questions at the beginning of the game which would help create your town, such as "What is your favorite hobby" it would have answers something like "Big catching, fishing, gardening, ect" and the town would be created to be the way that best fits you.

Sixth, I would like if the player, themselves, create their avatar. As in create the eyes, face expression, ect. themselves.

Seventh, I do not like the eroding of the grass, I hated it in City Folk it made my town look disgusting. I would rather they rid of this, and if not I would appreciate if they let us have grass seed to plant and grow the grass back to health. That would be interesting.

Eighth, make the post office just for town funds, debts, and mailing letters and add more buildings to the town, City Folk was so boring because everything was in the City or the "town hall" and my town was so bleh.

Ninth, I would like there to be downloadable content. Whether its a clothes style set, buy Animal Island, or whatever, I think Animal Crossing would be great with DLC.

Tenth, make the Constellations a lot better and complex than they are. Currently its ridiculous because the only thing I can create on my night sky is the delta symbol or a little dipper.

Eleventh, erase The City. That was a horrible and cheap idea. Bring all the businesses back to the town. I would like Redd's "Black Market" back in the town on random days, I would like Gracie Grace to have a little boutique out on random days ect.

Twelfth, I would like to see more bugs and fish during times of the year other than summer and spring. Also,make winter more enjoyable, its the most boring thing ever that I have to come inside every night when its 20 degrees and I have to endure MORE snow. There is nothing to do in winter at all besides fish for a Tuna!

Thirteenth, add more Nintendo-based, and over all more furniture.

As you can see I loved the Gamecube version the most, and I wish the series had stayed more to its roots than what it did. Maybe they can pull it off in 3DS, though, I am honestly not expecting anything being reintroduced in 3DS from the original. We may hear some new music but I'm afraid it will only be more like City Folk.
The only thing that keeps me to believe otherwise is that Niintendo has to sell a game that they have already created, on the same system. While I think 3DS will be a fantastic (RIGHTFUL) second sequel to Animal Crossing, I hope Nintendo realizes that they have to create something new and different to get people off of Wild World and into this game.

The 3DS Has a gyroscope in it so it would be interesting if you could just look up at the sky.

Id like the train station to come back. Or an option as the mayor to pick which mode of transportation you would like for your town.
For example if you want a train it takes up the whole top row acre of your town for it to be built. And If you pick a taxi than you would have more space in your town.

The police station should come back as-well. Copper should walk around town at night with a flash light to make sure everything is in order, And ask you to help him on occasions when threes been reports of a thief lurking around town, Copper hands you a flash light and it is your job to patrol town and find the thief. You shine the thief with the light then he gets scared drops a bag of stolen items and runs away then you return them to your animal neighbors and they reward you.

Animal neighbors should be able to catch fishes and bugs and if you saw them catch one you wanted you would have to run an errand for them to obtain it from them.

The 3DS also has an augmented card read feature it would be nice if something similar to the E reader cards would return.

Thats all i have for now il think of more soon

I just hope that Nintendo adds all of the things from the Gamecube version (Sports Fair, ability to go into the lighthouse, other random festivals, etc.).

I just hope that Nintendo adds all of the things from the Gamecube version (Sports Fair, ability to go into the lighthouse, other random festivals, etc.).
I got the GameCube version of AC and when I heard of those events, I was really disappointed they left that out in the later games. I would really like to have this back.

These are also a few things I would like to see:
-More than 2 levels in the world
-The ability to ride a bike in your town
-A more interactive and realistic A.I. (GameCube had the best A.I. in my opinion)
-The ability to enter neighbour's houses when they are within the area of their house
-A more manageable wear-away of the grass (it was a good idea, just ACCF's rate of wear/regeneration was not fair)
-Continued voice comm. support
-More items
-Improve textures on items
-Added activities
-Arcade games have a minigame (kinda like the NES games in the GameCube version)
-NES Games would be a nice addon
-Ability to know when friends are playing the game and invite them to come over/go there
-Increases roster limit
-Larger world
-Increased amount of neighbours in the town
-More diverse terrain

That's all I can think of at this moment

I got the GameCube version of AC and when I heard of those events, I was really disappointed they left that out in the later games. I would really like to have this back.

-A more interactive and realistic A.I. (GameCube had the best A.I. in my opinion)
-The ability to enter neighbour's houses when they are within the area of their house
-A more manageable wear-away of the grass (it was a good idea, just ACCF's rate of wear/regeneration was not fair)
-More items
-Added activities
-Arcade games have a minigame (kinda like the NES games in the GameCube version)
-Ability to know when friends are playing the game and invite them to come over/go there
-Increases roster limit
-Larger world
-More diverse terrain

You're basically asking for all of the things back from the GC version other than the bike and a few other things you mentioned.

When there is snow on the ground, I don't want my character to be forced to wear a t-shirt and shorts ! Long pants and sweaters or coats would make me happy.

Also, why can't two humans from the same town play at the same time? Multi-player maybe?

I agree,there should be sweaters and longer pants.There should also be a mall expansion for Nook's Store containing:Shampoodles,Gracie Grace,Nookingtons,HRA,The auction house,and the cafe.Shampoodles,the Cafe,and the HRA could be seperate building before the expantion.

i think it should have all the features from gamecube wild world and city folk and some extra PAZAZZ in there...

From the looks of it, it seems like you'll have the decision to change your skirt to pants, or shorts, and so on.

A sprinkler would be nice, that way you wouldn't have to water all your flowers.

-More items
-Added activities
-Increases roster limit
-Larger world
-More diverse terrain

Totally agreed......
By the way instead of large world would like to add Wild World...
What say??

Maybe the game shouldn't have trees dying whenever they are right next to eachother,it could give a possiblity to make a seperate beach. example: Say there is a way to get to the beach by just going south from your character's house,you can have your own private beach that is only able to be accsesed by that slope by behind/front of your character's house because both sides are blocked with Palm trees.

Back