• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

I hope it does return. If not, the little village you have will lose it's country feel. It will become urbanized.

I said "in some fashion". Besides another building or two would not hurt that feeling at all.

The city has no place in this series. They could barely scrape up anything new to actually put in the city, instead they filled it up with existing visitors and took away any replay value that waiting for them might have brought. As I said earlier, it's an obvious gimmick. I think there's a very high chance of it being removed for this game, and I say good riddance.

I said "in some fashion". Besides another building or two would not hurt that feeling at all.

The city has no place in this series. They could barely scrape up anything new to actually put in the city, instead they filled it up with existing visitors and took away any replay value that waiting for them might have brought. As I said earlier, it's an obvious gimmick. I think there's a very high chance of it being removed for this game, and I say good riddance.
What about HRA and Gracie's Grace?

What about HRA and Gracie's Grace?

I agree with you. It was neat being able to walk into the HRA and look into someone's house for ideas or something. It was new. I like change. I also really like Gracie Grace's because I strive to be able to afford each entire set of furniture on CF. It provided me with a new goal, which in turn provided me with 'replay value'.

The Auction House was another great addition, although since my Wii doesn't connect to my internet, I wasn't able to use it very much.

I hope they bring back the train station. I found that it fit more with the overall theme of a small town. Also, I hope that they include some of the stores and features found in the city into the actual town. An island would be fun :) Especially if you could have a cottage/second home to "get away from it all" lol

I agree with you. It was neat being able to walk into the HRA and look into someone's house for ideas or something. It was new. I like change.

Later in your post you said your Wii doesn't connect to the internet. I don't recall this feature working properly without Wi-Fi.

I also really like Gracie Grace's because I strive to be able to afford each entire set of furniture on CF. It provided me with a new goal, which in turn provided me with 'replay value'.
I'm sure they could still find a way to add it on. Do you really think that the village is too full of buildings as it is? It could always be an extension to Nook's or the Abel Sister's. We don't need to bring back the city for this.

The Auction House was another great addition, although since my Wii doesn't connect to my internet, I wasn't able to use it very much.
Trust me, it wasn't ever that great. Nobody on my friend's list ever used it. It would have worked much better if it had made use of non-friend's items. There was no need for it to be restricted to friends. But that's just part of Nintendo's strange logic when creating this game, I suppose. Nothing was without flaws.

Last edited:
I hope they bring back the train station. I found that it fit more with the overall theme of a small town. Also, I hope that they include some of the stores and features found in the city into the actual town. An island would be fun :) Especially if you could have a cottage/second home to "get away from it all" lol

I agree with you completely! But if they move the features from the city into the town, the town better be a whole heck of a lot bigger! haha I don't want my town tooo crowded, but I also don't want to smush Gracie Grace, the HRA, or the Auction House into the Able Sister's or Nook's.

AND you could swim to your little island house!!
Later in your post you said your Wii doesn't connect to the internet. I don't recall this feature working properly without Wi-Fi.

It worked at one point, then I got a new router that broadcasts over channel 6, which isn't compatible to the Wii's frequency which uses channels 1 and 11.

I agree with you. It was neat being able to walk into the HRA and look into someone's house for ideas or something.
This feature of the HRA does work without wifi as it just shows someone in your town's house instead of one over wifi.

This feature of the HRA does work without wifi as it just shows someone in your town's house instead of one over wifi.

The boring part of that is, once you upgrade your house, and start getting your furniture collection filled out, the other characters (neighbors) stand no chance. I would like to see my neighbors upgrading their houses and buying expensive furniture and at least giving me a run for my money in the house department. When I first come into town, I don't want it to look like they've all just been waiting for me like I'm the last air bender. I want to see some bigger houses, some smaller, a few bustling neighbors working on their bug collection.

I want the power to shift my Animal Crossing town from a sleepy village into a bustling metropolis. And the beauty of it? YOU DON'T HAVE TO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! You could still have access to everything somehow, but if you build up your city, I think it'd be cool to have some new life sprout up.

Hello, my name is Mike "Mr. Toom Nook" and I'm here because I found the forum in a trailer for the new Animal Crossing n3ds. This may seem unreal but I think we should keep pets in Animal Crossing as dogs or cats that other people had only lived in the animals that we could work on things like agriculture or something like that ... that's all, thank you.

s1.jpg

in regards to the house in the background of this image, look at it's mailbox..
does this mean it's how the player's house may look?

What do you guys think? :)

s1.jpg

in regards to the house in the background of this image, look at it's mailbox..
does this mean it's how the player's house may look?

What do you guys think? :)

Most rumors say that the house shown in the photo is the player's home. Another screen shot shows that there are, in fact, the rooms off the side of a main room like Animal Crossing: Wild World.

What i'd like to see is having neighbors being able to upgrade there house just at a random time like us, it'd be cool to see what they could do with a full size house! I'd also really like to see a tropical island where there would be special events like a luau or something like that.

I think there should be a couple different islands with things like forests and stuff with rare bugs and a second house

I think the city should be gone

Streetpass functionality

Island of some sort

Scuba diving

Swimming underwater to find trasure ( Bells, Furniture, Clothes, etc)

New Animals

I'm just really hoping for new furniture. They should keep the old furniture but it's really getting old. And in City folk, the Gracie furniture is way too expensive. When they make new furniture, it should be sold in Nook's store.

my idea is i think they should have laser eye treatment while frillard plays as a doctor
i also think that able sisters should have 3 expansions while the first one has kicks, the 2nd one has a pants/skirt changer, and the third one should have graciegrace on the 2nd floor!

Post your ideas here!

I heard in ac ww that tom nook wanted to combine with the able sisters to make a shoe store but it never happened...until ac:3DS?

Custom towns/Town editor. Afterall, you will end up being the mayor in AC3DS, so why not be able to shape it how you want?

Placeable paths, which could also work in a town editor, since the path ideas were good in CF, but it was so tedious to make them and eventually you would end up wanting them gone.

More things for the town as well, like the lighthouse/fountain/windmill etc, and placeable bridges.
anything else I can't really think of right now, but a tools bag like it's been mentioned before would be perfect, a fenced garden space outside the house, and more fruit would be nice too.

MAYBE A BANANA

Back