• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Signature Guide

Hello! I am crazy, and can't figure out how to add an image to my signature. Every time I do so, it asks for a website url. Could I have help with this? Thank you!

Hi, thanks for the guide! Does this follow the guidelines?

IMG_20200602_111541_01.png

Last edited:
You'll probably want to post in the The Airport (AC:NH Online) or Dodo Business Class threads for things like this :)

How are you able to add photos and pixel art into your signature?

Basically, you need to upload them somewhere else first. The process for images is the same as the one described for "how do I make an animated gif as my signature?" in the FAQ section of the opening post in the thread.

Personally, I would upload an image to my Imgur account. You can then get a direct link, which should look something like this:

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/l6CLeFx.png

and you put that link in your signature between an img and /img tag.

Code:
Between [img] and [/img] like this:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/l6CLeFx.png[/img]

l6CLeFx.png

Make sure the image is not taller than 250 pixels, though. The one I showed here clearly isn't allowed in a signature. I hope that helps!

Could a mod confirm this signature is okay? I had one a bit larger and I thought it was within the allowed 250px tall (via visual assessment). It must have been slightly too tall, though. Please let me know.

(I could create an exact image compilation with allowed dimensions, but adding a few images separately is much easier to work with.)

Thanks!

Hi @jenboston22,

When viewed on a computer your signature is a little too wide. The maximum width is 715 pixels and yours is coming in at over 760. When viewed on tablet or phone devices, the images move onto two 'lines' and stack and make your signature too tall. It would be better if you could either reduce it to three images (which will prevent it stacking) or merge all the images you want to include into a single image file (I could do it for you if you're not familiar with editing programmes) rather than having so many separate images.

Hi @jenboston22,

When viewed on a computer your signature is a little too wide. The maximum width is 715 pixels and yours is coming in at over 760. When viewed on tablet or phone devices, the images move onto two 'lines' and stack and make your signature too tall. It would be better if you could either reduce it to three images (which will prevent it stacking) or merge all the images you want to include into a single image file (I could do it for you if you're not familiar with editing programmes) rather than having so many separate images.

Thanks for the response. I'll probably work on compiling images into an animated gif with precise dimensions. For now, though, I'll reduce down to three images.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and also, thank you for offering assistance with the graphic work, but I'm familiar with Photoshop, etc., so I'm all set. :)

Basically, you need to upload them somewhere else first. The process for images is the same as the one described for "how do I make an animated gif as my signature?" in the FAQ section of the opening post in the thread.

Personally, I would upload an image to my Imgur account. You can then get a direct link, which should look something like this:

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/l6CLeFx.png

and you put that link in your signature between an img and /img tag.

Code:
Between [img] and [/img] like this:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/l6CLeFx.png[/img]

l6CLeFx.png

Make sure the image is not taller than 250 pixels, though. The one I showed here clearly isn't allowed in a signature. I hope that helps!
Aah I see thank you so much for your help!!

Just checking to see if mine is within the limits. ; u ; ~ Gotta open up a paint program lol.
Post automatically merged:

Alriiiighty gotta adjust.

JZdLfqN.png

Last edited:
Just want to double check if my signature is within 250 px tall as I just used the visual assessment on my laptop (not too sure if it’s different for mobile). If it breaks the rule I’ll adjust it right away!

Back