• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

In my early years of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I would play it obsessively and visit my friends' towns all day. It got to the point where my mom asked where I was once and my dad answered "Playing Animal Crossing in her room, like she has been for the last five hours."

Last edited:
I don't know if it counts cause of sleeping, but Halo 2. My best friend and I in junior high found out about the skulls hidden in each level to make things harder. So we practiced a lot learned all their locations. And we wanted the toughest experience possible and since back then the skulls weren't saved when you found them and had to re get them everytime. You had to play the game straight through without shutting off the Xbox. So when we thought we were ready we dedicated a weekend to it at my house since my mom didn't care what we did and we started Friday after school on legendary and besides breaks and occasionally sleeping that's all we did and we finally beat it Sunday with all the skulls activated by the final section and we were so freaking happy. We still talk about it sometimes lol. Great times. :D

Good question I used to game really long sessions when I was younger. I think the longest was about 12 hours ^^ of course with eating.and stuff I am human after all.Now I play only 3 hours and I need a break. Maybe I get old... but I think I will play a lot more once new horizons is here :)

The last time I think I mentioned Socom 2. But I think a earlier game I played to for a long time was Majoras mask when it came out. I remember I would play from like 6AM to like 5PM or something. I was hooked on the world and 3 day cycle mechanic lol I dont really like playing games too long since I get stinky and or sometimes my eyes would get red (maybe staring at the old crt tv's).

I once played Trauma Team for the Wii for about 10 hours straight. Didn't really move much.

The first surgery I had on my left ankle/foot, I played ACNL for 300 hours. Got my badges real fast. I'd play for maybe 8-9 hours per sitting.

When I was a lot younger, I'd play the original Animal Crossing, and Super Mario Sunshine for maybe 6-7 hours in one sitting.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. I think it's the (inferior) PS3 version of CS:GO with something like 10-15 hours

Last edited:
Oh gosh uhh well I have played ACNL for embarrassingly long periods of time. And Pokemon.

I'd say longest I've played a game was 12 hours lol.

I honestly can't think of anything I've played for more then 4-5 hours at least despite being a hardcore "gotta 100% everything" kind of gamer. The only thing I can really think of is maybe Sims 4 or Spore, but nothing more then like half of a day.

5h and 30 minutes

The game was World War Z, I had so much fun. So 5 and a half hours in my "personal best" :blush:

ffxiv shadowbringers release day. i'm pretty sure i played for more than a day straight. it was such a good expansion and i'll remember it more fondly than *shudders* stormblood

i remember sitting for hours at a time when new leaf first came out; even pulled all nighters just so i could continue playing.

Uh probably last night when I pulled an all nighter and played dead by daylight from 11pm till almost 6am :lemon: gotta rank up

I don’t even know, but if I had to gues I’ve honestly probably played a game, like fortnite for like 10-12 hours

Edit: I’ve also probably played new leaf from 6-12hours

Last edited:
When Pok?mon Moon came out I think I played it for about like 14 hours straight or something? I don’t even like Pok?mon much anymore but I really liked Sun and Moon lol.

Last edited:
In one sitting... I'd say probably 18+ hours. I was addicted to Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the longest time, I put close to 200 hours into that game before I started to slow down.

I think I've spent an entire day playing Skyrim before. Breath of the Wild too. I love the world building in those games, it really makes you feel like you're in the game. I also played Minecraft until my eyes began to burn, lol!

I think probably around the 15-18 hour mark either on Maplestory, GTA V, Skyrim or all of them, I can't really remember haha

Back