• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Longest You've Played a Game In One Sitting

When I was in middle school I think I got really sick one winter and I spent like two weeks doing almost nothing but playing animal crossing in bed. I was so sick I didn't really want to get up and do anything, but I got bored after a day of doing nothing in bed the entire time.

Easy 12 hours, first game would have been gta vice City on ps2, later COD black ops zombies on ps3 on several occasions. Couldn't do it now though, old age has a lot to answer for, would need a nap.

Last edited:
A few years back I played Animal Crossing New Leaf for 13 hours, it was in a time period in my life where I couldn’t even stay up late either haha. I wish I could do it again, but now that I’m older my time to play games is limited!! ^^”

Last edited:
when i first got breath of the wild i played for over ten hours a day several days in a row. it was intense

Not really sure, but I easily spend 10-15hrs on any game I just got and essentially my grind doesn't die down until I have finished the game. So I don't really remember what's the longest amount of time I've spent on any particular game but I am pretty sure I definitely exceeded 15hrs on at least 1, but I play so many different games that I don't remember what exactly. Probably animal crossing. I have spent over a thousand hours on it, and I have definitely played all day and all night till the sun came up.

I don't know. I remember playing Lego Star Wars for a long time, like almost 24 hours, until I felt my eyes falling on the floor. A long time ago we were renting games for 3 days, so I spent the most of those days playing the games and I'm very obsessive by nature, so I can easily spend several hours doing something I find interesting, forgetting to eat or to sleep. That's why I avoid some games.

When I was a teenager and played mmos with friends while voicechatting, sometimes I'd stay up all day and night so probably around 24 hours. I don't know what it is about mmos that they would get me addicted to the point where I didn't even feel sleepy; I just wanted to keep playing. Now I can barely stay up after 12 hours lol

Uhhh idr exactly but when acnl came out i was on that thing morning until tomorrow morning lol multiple days in a row
the only other game i played 12+ was MySims

I think I've played Fallout 4 for about 26 hours once when it was newly released.

I remember getting up early on a Sunday morning, booting the game up on my PC, and then heading to work the next day. Basically crashed as soon as I got home from work after that. lol

When I was in high school during summer break, I use to play a online basketball game literally all day, 12 plus hrs. What a waste. Now a days the longest I can play a game is probably 3 hrs max.

Never played anything much longer than 3 hours straight without a break.

I have ADD.

several years ago i think i played the sims 3 for about 20 hours! don't think i could ever do that again though

my longer play sessions tend to be around 6 or 7 hours. it can be difficult for me to play a game for more than 2 hours at a time because i dont have a very good attention span unless im really invested. i cant imagine being able to consecutively play for more than 10 hours a day

Every Christmas since I was in elementary school my sister and I have gotten the new Pokemon game of the year (starting with Fire Red!). As we got older we got even more into it, and one time I played (I think it was Pokemon Black and White) literally ALL DAY and almost all night, and then all day the next day too. I was glued to my Nintendo DS and completed the game in only 3 days. It was fun at the time, but I would not recommend it nor did I do it again because I totally rushed the game in my excitement and I feel like I didn't really get to enjoy it for very long/ it was over too fast.

Last edited:
probably 20 hours of professor layton :') i'm always so hooked that i play it completely from beginning to ending in one sitting

WoW I played a Altric Valley that lasted almost 2days back when WoW 1st started. Took only 5min break every 2hours to hydrate and bio.slept for 16 hours after that , you can no longer do this as there is a time limit now wonder why :)

I've done a couple three-day-long binges in my life. First one was in elementary school playing Little Big Planet 2, second was the summer between grade 8 and grade 9 playing minecraft. I can't remember what the other ones were.

I never timed it exactly because I didn't really intend on playing that long, I just remember realizing 'oh **** its the next day' twice during the marathon lmao.

I dunno tbh. I've had some pretty lengthy play sessions... 8+ hours, several times with Old School RuneScape in particular. but I've also done that with Paper Mario and likely a few other games.

i got pokémon y pretty late (bought it at a clearance sale when ORAS was new) and played it for 14 hours straight from start to finish.
same with fe3h, i think i clocked in at least 18 hours before giving it a rest and myself a good night's sleep.

Back