• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

What's the bell tree fair?

The Bell Tree Fair is an event that occurs here on the forums in the summer and is also typically the biggest event of the year. Within it holds many activities such as an art and writing contest which can win you IRL items or collectibles.

Last edited:
Couldn't find anything in the FAQ about this. What does it mean when someone "likes" a post? What happens as a result of this?

Nothing wrong with that. :)

So, when I click on the little thumbs-up, it turns into a thumbs-down. Did I do it wrong? I wanted to like the post. But the thumbs down looks so... negative.

Last edited:
I see. Does having more "likes" on a post do anything other than notify the poster?

since this forum has no feature for notifying somebody when their posts get responses or when their name gets mentioned, some users occasionally hit 'like' on a post instead in the hope that the author will then check the thread and see they made a reply to their post...

Nothing wrong with that. :)

So, when I click on the little thumbs-up, it turns into a thumbs-down. Did I do it wrong? I wanted to like the post. But the thumbs down looks so... negative.

When it shows a thumbs-down on a post, it means you have liked it; it's just then saying "click this button to unlike this post." :blush:

Last edited:
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm having difficulty liking posts.

I click on the thumbs up (javascript:// code displays) but nothing seems to happen. I've tried disabling my adblock, changing browsers, and clicking over and over (lol).

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I'm having difficulty liking posts.

I click on the thumbs up (javascript:// code displays) but nothing seems to happen. I've tried disabling my adblock, changing browsers, and clicking over and over (lol).

I'd really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Could you take a screenshot of what comes up? Thanks.

Ahh, I just tried it again and it seems to work now. Strange. Restarting my laptop might have helped.

Thanks for replying. Sorry to bother you.

I've had issue with this lately as well, i chalked it up to the increased lag that the forum has had lately. Like Anneka said, sometimes when clicking the like button, nothing happens at all. Sometimes it works but takes five seconds or more to display.

Hey! Sorry, thishas probably been answered a gazillion times, but when someone has a brown name, does it mean they're banned?

Hey! Sorry, thishas probably been answered a gazillion times, but when someone has a brown name, does it mean they're banned?

Yeah. I think special profiles like Jingle or whatever may have brown names too.

I'm impressed by how many people on here get confused by the whole thumbs up turning to a thumbs down thing.

Back