• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Anime Thread

I started watching an anime called After School Dice Club. It’s about a group of friends who play tabletop boardgames together. It’s really good!

Makes me wish I had a group of friends to play games with when I was in high school. Oh well. I’m almost 30 now but I have my boyfriend who I play games with :) we’re also gonna try to go to card shops and tabletop gaming shops to meet people to play with. There’s something about TCGs and tabletop games that’s just so fun to me , I love them

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Tamayo the demon is asked to come to the mansion to assist the Butterfly Hashira, Shinobu, with medical developments. Meanwhile, Tanjiro is entrusted with a letter asking him to talk to Giyu Tomioka and get him to join the Hashira training. At first Giyu says no, but Tanjiro is persistent enough to where Giyu tells him that he never passed the Final Selection and doesn't deserve to be a Hashira.

Giyu tells the tale of how he and Sabito both participated in Final Selection, but that Giyu got wounded and saved by him, yet never slayed a demon. Meanwhile, despite being skilled in combat, Sabito rushed ahead and ended up dying. Because of this, Giyu feels he wasn't worthy of becoming a Hashira. However, Tanjiro met Sabito once before when training under his ghost atop the mountain. Tanjiro tells Giyu that he shouldn't give up on what Sabito entrusted to him, and this shocks Giyu enough to get him to agree to train Tanjiro.

At the same time, Shinobu begins to tell the tale to Kanao about the demon that killed her big sister, and how to defeat it...

Next time on Demon Slayer season four, episode three. "Fully Recovered Tanjiro Joins the Hashira Training!!" You won't want to miss it! (y)

I have a dilemma. I want to buy the old Soul Hunter anime on DVD. There are the old DVD volumes released by ADV and would provide some nostalgia with the dvd menus and trailers. There is also a newer set released by Discotek with a movie. There is one unreliable seller on ebay with the Discotek set. I'm wondering if the movie is worth it.

The Crunchy roll store might have the new set since they bought the Rightstuf, but I'm not shopping with them for a growing list of reasons.

Edit: This is the 1999 version. I don't know anything about the newer version, but youtube comments say it's crap.

I have a dilemma. I want to buy the old Soul Hunter anime on DVD. There are the old DVD volumes released by ADV and would provide some nostalgia with the dvd menus and trailers. There is also a newer set released by Discotek with a movie. There is one unreliable seller on ebay with the Discotek set. I'm wondering if the movie is worth it.

The Crunchy roll store might have the new set since they bought the Rightstuf, but I'm not shopping with them for a growing list of reasons.

Edit: This is the 1999 version. I don't know anything about the newer version, but youtube comments say it's crap.

May I please bring attention back to this, as well as ask if someone would be willing to identify some bishies in an old amv set to the overused song "Talk Dirty to Me"?

Last edited:

welp here comes more complicated story following and well at least yoasobi be getting that bag these days being on every hot **** anime thats out there lately from oshi no koi and friren (neither of which i watched nor do i care bout either lol)
Always hype to see! I love YOASOBI and I think more of their songs deserve to be in anime ops!

I've finished Grimm Variations! Since it was something of an anthology series covering a different fairy tale each episode, my opinions were mixed. My favorite was definitely Little Red Riding Hood. Most of the others were good to varying degrees, but I really didn't care for Hansel and Gretel. I found that episode very boring. But overall, it was a good series and I wouldn't mind if they made more.

As far as currently airing anime, I'm caught up on Konosuba. I have one episode remaining to get caught up on My Hero Academia. And I have yet to start the current season of That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime.

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Midoriya and Class 1-A try to convince the police and pro heroes to let Aoyama work with them. They put their trust in Aoyama even though he betrayed them, in order to gain an edge on All For One. Aoyama is taken away for more tests.

Meanwhile, Midoriya and Tenya visit the support course and run into Mei Hatsume, all in order to ask for repairs to their equipment from her. She initially says no, but gives them ones she already completed to use temporarily. Hatsume and the other support course students are already hard at work keeping the U.A. barrier going. Since they can't fight effectively, this is their own way of "going beyond."

All Might briefs a small group of police, heroes, and others on their plan to defeat All For One and Shigaraki. In order to do this, they must keep Shigaraki and All For One separated at all times. But in order to do that, they have to lure out the League and Liberation Front, and split them up, taking them down one by one.

As the final battle approaches, just what will upcoming heroes like Shinso be doing to prepare?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode five. "Let You Down." As the final battle with All For One approaches, what will we gain? And what will we lose? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Tengen Uzui is no longer a Hashira, but is still training the Demon Slayer Corps members. Meanwhile, while two of the members are off patrolling, a demon is spying on them...

Tanjiro, after being fully healed, rejoins the Hashira Training, and as a result is able to help the other members do better against Tengen. Their resolve is increased as a result of Tanjiro being there.

At the same time, Oboro and Sanemi talk for awhile about how there's been less and less demon sightings lately. They wonder about how the demons disappeared before when they were hunting them, and are curious if there's a demon hideout somewhere and if something big is about to happen. Thus, they decide to spar each other in a match.

With the first step done, Tanjiro moves onto the next training. But unlike Tengen, Tokito shows no signs of being lenient with the Demon Slayer Corps members under him...

Next time on Demon Slayer season four, episode four. "To Bring a Smile to One's Face." You won't want to miss it! (y)

i've been watching the latest season of demon slayer and this newest episode 🥺🥺🥺 tokito's just sooo cute around tanjiro!

i'm watching for tomorrow's upload for tadaima, okaeri - it's soooo cute... hikari and hinata i would lay my life down for you two

i also got around to starting classroom of the elite after seeing the trailer randomly pop up on my youtube recommended, i'm only 5 episodes in so far but it seems entertaining C:

Its always hard being an anime watcher who only watches dubs! I am still waiting for the newest season of Demon Slayer to have some dubbed episodes but I know that when it comes to Demon Slayer it takes a lot longer to get the dubs out. I'm hoping maybe by the end of this month we will have a couple of the episodes ready to view. I know it will be worth the wait but I am very impatient.

I am I believe one or two episodes behind in MHA since the dub started two weeks later (which isn't bad!) I'm enjoying it so far. I'm really interested to see where all this is going to go, definitely will have to rewatch the episodes again because I feel like I missed some information that may be important for future episodes.

I started watching Bungo Stray Dogs, I am enjoying it so far but I am watching it leisurely so it's not something I will be rushing through.

I'm still watching One Piece a few episodes here and there, but it's such a long series so I know that I will not catch up to the current series anytime soon which is fine. It's one of those series that I was hesitant to watch but I am enjoying it for the most part though if you were to ask me what was happening or the character names I'd only be able to tell you about one character named Loofy? (main character) and umm the teddy bear person and umm the skeleton man. A lot is happening in the series.

I absolutely adore anime, it has been a hobby of mine for the better part of almost fifteen years. I'm currently watching Kaiju No. 8 which I've been having a blast with; Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again, which has been chill, cute, and wholesome, which makes me happy. I need more of that coziness in my life.

Then the other anime I'm watching is The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic, which has been... okay. I'm not sure why I'm powering through, but I'm almost done, so my thinking is why not just finish it while I can, add another stat to MyAnimeList?

There's so much good anime coming out recently. Currently watching: One Piece, Frieren, Demon Slayer, MHA. And always open to adding in anything else interesting I come across.

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

We get a glimpse of Himiko Toga's past life, but Dabi, or Toya, intervenes and burns her house down so she'll have no attachments left to the current world.

Meanwhile, Midoriya talks with Uraraka about how they want to avoid fighting their enemies in Shigaraki and Toga if possible, but will fight if they have to. Midoriya and the other U.A. students set out to a different base to use in the fight against All For One.

Midoriya meets with Aoyama in the streets to talk about All For One's goals. Thinking that Aoyama is betraying his friends, Aoyama actually brought the heroes with him to fight All For One's villain henchmen. With Shinso, Monoma, and others helping to separate the villains, now, the ultimate battle between good and evil unfolds!

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode six. "Division." Who will gain the upper hand in this battle between the heroes and villains? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Last edited:
I want to get myself into anime more if it weren't for the social stigma towards the anime community that I was exposed to years ago. I've seen memes and other stuff against anime fans and those honestly gave me a bad impression of them that I wish to distance myself from, having grown a bit more mature. I wonder, has anyone else seen that type of content before? What do you think of it?

Also, even though I promised myself that I was going to catch up on the Pocket Monsters 2023 episodes, I unfortunately don't have the motivation to bother with that. I still like the series, though.

I want to get myself into anime more if it weren't for the social stigma towards the anime community that I was exposed to years ago. I've seen memes and other stuff against anime fans and those honestly gave me a bad impression of them that I wish to distance myself from, having grown a bit more mature. I wonder, has anyone else seen that type of content before? What do you think of it?

Also, even though I promised myself that I was going to catch up on the Pocket Monsters 2023 episodes, I unfortunately don't have the motivation to bother with that. I still like the series, though.

I wouldn't let stigmas stop you from trying out something you may possibly enjoy. The great thing about anime is that's a medium and not a genre, so there's usually something for everyone depending on the types of shows you're looking for.

The "stigma" is honestly no different from other types of judgment-based discrimination. It's just people making fun of something they don't understand, and automatically assuming it's a bad thing.

I won't lie that there are definitely some areas you should avoid if you start watching anime (mostly the fandoms because they're terrible and filled with toxic people), but plenty of people here still watch it and talk about their favorite shows from time to time, myself included.

There's no such thing as "growing out of" anime with regards to age to be honest, unless you tried it and just don't like it anymore. The same way people don't really grow out of having toy plushies, since there's definitely some adults who do.

Others here could probably give a better explanation than me, but I just wanted to put in my two cents. Basically, if you're able to find a show you enjoy, I would at least try it out!

I think @Midoriya stated things very well, but I'll add my own thoughts.

I've been an anime fan for a long time and I've witnessed the social stigma surrounding anime change a lot during that time. It used to be this kind of secret club that you never talked about with 'normal' people because they wouldn't understand. But anime has become much more mainstream and a lot of people can name at least one anime they like now, even if they're not an avid fan. My 70 year old mom loves the Pokemon series, for example.

Yes, there are still some stigmas aimed at people who watch anime, but it's far more socially acceptable than it's ever been before. And, as with most stigmas, they are largely inaccurate. It's people who don't understand and don't want to understand, looking at something that other people are enjoying and trying to find fault with it. It doesn't stop with anime either. There are stigmas about gamers, nerds, sports fans, and the list goes on and on.

I wouldn't let the stigmas keep you away from something if you're interested in it. And if you spend enough time in this thread, I think you'll see that there's a lot more to anime than the memes.

Back