• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bells
Tasty Cake
Red Tulip
Flea
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
Easter Bunny
TBTEaster2022-resize1000.jpg

Welcome to The Bell Tree's Tenth Annual Easter Egg Hunt! It is I, your illustrious host, Zipper T. Bunny, and we have another very exciting event this year. I'm well aware of the love each one of you have for the annual egg hunt, so this time I have extra eggs for you to find and extra collectibles for you to purchase. After all, this is the tenth one, so it should be extra special! And, as you may have heard, there are many changes happening this time, so be sure to read the eggstructions carefully! I'm sorry, I forgot to include an egg pun until the last minute.

If this is your very first egg hunt on The Bell Tree, your objective is to follow the clues listed in the table below which will give you egg currency. Some can be found in various places across The Bell Tree, while others require you to submit a correct word. Some should be solved privately, while others can be solved as a community, publicly in this thread. More about this will be explained in the egg types section below. Once you receive egg currency, you can spend it in the shop to receive egg collectibles! One person will even win the Golden Easter Egg collectible.

The first batch of eggs have been released Friday April 15th at 7:00 PM EDT. More will continue to be released throughout Saturday and Sunday. You have until Monday April 18th 2022 at 10:00 PM EDT to find as many eggs as you can. After that point they will all spoil and will no longer be redeemable. Then the answers will be posted so you can check how you did!

This year, we're not disqualifying participants who privately share answers. However, we do ask that you be respectful to users who wish to work alone. Don't beg for help or spoil answers without permission. In some cases, working alone may also be beneficial because we are adding new bonus rewards this year.

Bonuses will allow you to receive extra currency and, if you're this year's lucky egg hunt winner, the Golden Easter Egg. These will be distributed after the event ends:
AchievementReward
1 of only 100 or fewer people to redeem an egg (doesn't apply to community clues)+1 egg currency
First person to find an egg+2 egg currency
First person to find the most eggsGolden Easter Egg

Easter2022_Prizes.jpeg

With six brand new egg collectibles, it's the most we've ever released with an egg hunt! Spend your egg currency on these egg collectibles in the shop. The coveted Golden Easter Egg will, of course, now be given to the person who answered the most clues first instead of being sold directly in the shop.

easterEggFossil.png
Fossil Easter Egg - 3 eggs

easterEggLadybug.png
Ladybug Easter Egg - 6 eggs

easterEggParadisePlanning.png
Paradise Planning Easter Egg - 6 eggs

easterEggSplat.png
Splat Easter Egg - 9 eggs

easterEggJunimo.png
Blue Junimo Easter Egg - 9 eggs

easterEggSpringBloom.png
Spring Bloom Easter Egg - 14 eggs

105.jpg
Golden Easter Egg - Bonus reward

Easter2022_EggTypes.jpeg

Pay careful attention to the egg types because they describe how to solve each egg! Each batch has two solo clues, one community clue, and one puzzle.
  • Solo Clue: This is a typical clue that will give you an idea of where you might find the egg around TBT. It will often (but not always) appear as a link or small egg graphic, which you can click to receive your egg currency. They don't all look the same. While many may be located in forum threads, this is not always the case. Solo clues are meant to be worked on individually or privately, so do not publicly share or ask for information that helps solve them.
  • Community Clue: A community clue is like a solo clue in that it's hidden somewhere on TBT. However, community clues can be discussed and solved by the entire community, directly in this thread. When public discussing these clues, be sure to clarify the egg number in your post so other users know which one you're talking about. These clues are typically more difficult, so the whole community can work together in order to solve them!
  • Puzzle: For these eggs, you must submit a specific code or word in order to receive them. Use the clue to work out your best guess and submit it by making a thread in the Private Contest and Event Submission board (click here). Input your guess and egg # into the fields. The thread's title and body can be anything. You only have one guess and the first four puzzles end early, so check the table to see the amount of time you have left. Once the clue ends, the staff will distribute the egg currency to each person who got it correct. Misspellings will not be accepted, but certain translations and similar variations may be accepted.

Easter2022_Clues.jpeg

EggFirst SightingTypeClueEarly Due Date
Egg 1Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTSoloDo not pass Nook's Cranny, do not collect 200 bells.
Egg 2Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTCommunityWhere your latest favourites unravel.
Egg 3Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTSoloTo find this egg you'll need to fashion a skeleton key.
Egg 4Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTPuzzleYour identification to take you to the skies.Apr 16 10:00 PM EDT (closed)
Egg 5Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTSoloTurn out your wallets and confess your sins.
Egg 6Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTCommunityReinforcements are sailing here this morning, but they must wait to see the horizon. (Hint posted Apr 18 6:00 PM EDT)
Egg 7Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTSoloMaybe if we hide an egg here people will actually read it.
Egg 8Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTPuzzle
A measterious letter lies before you,
One eggceptionally strange!
Solve for the numerical value of ??
And you'll earn a prize in eggschange!

You'll have to think like a detective hardboiled,
But we'll give you a few more clues:
Ruby and Cole work like opposites,
White and red, black and blue.

Hopkins and Cole are much closer,
Like a collection of eggs in a batch.
As for Coco: she's quite irreggular,
With no known operation to match.
puzzle7.png
Apr 17 10:00 PM EDT (closed)
Egg 9Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTSoloAnimal Crossing's big 2022 release.
Egg 10Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTCommunityWindow shopping outside for something new and shiny, but your wallet is always empty.
Egg 11Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTSoloWeaponised children meltdown circa 2006.
Egg 12Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTPuzzleOur favorite new neighbor arrived hopping into town.Apr 17 10:00 PM EDT (closed)
Egg 13Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTSoloBehind them, a colorful refraction returned. But not in this form.
Egg 14Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTCommunitySprocket, Del, and Ribbot are in our campsite, but they cannot move in.
Egg 15Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTSoloMake sure you get my good side! No, the other good side!
Egg 16Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTPuzzle
Find these three special items:
  1. Zipper egg
  2. An egg with a diamond pattern
  3. The Bunny Day Wand's egg
The answer is the locations of each of these items: if the items are in C1, A2, and B3, the answer would be "C1A2B3".
puzzle16.png
Apr 17 10:00 PM EDT (closed)
Egg 17Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTSoloNudge your friends to race to this latest clue!
Egg 18Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTCommunityA Christmas carol contains six digits most don't have, but none of the digits you do have.
Egg 19Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTSoloThe majority are fickle about fashion.
Egg 20Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTPuzzleRemove the decimal, it's last year's most anticipated event.
Egg 21Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTSoloI'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid you're misspaken.
Egg 22Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTCommunityFor $1,000,000 TBT bells we will throw you a lifeline. (Update: this may not appear on mobile/tablet devices, or with some ad blockers.)
Egg 23Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTSoloThis timely egg is hiding in Easter.
Egg 24Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTPuzzle
The image has been scrambled! Who is this Nintendo character?
puzzle24.png
Egg 25Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTSoloHalloween in July.
Egg 26Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTCommunityFind me washed up ashore after the 2.0.4 incident.
Egg 27Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTSoloToo much holographic meatloaf fries the brain.
Egg 28Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTPuzzleToy cannot compute at 232°C.

Easter2022_Answers.jpeg

EggFirst SightingTypeClueAnswerClue WriterFirst Found By# of Found Eggs
Egg 1Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTSoloDo not pass Nook's Cranny, do not collect 200 bells.Play on the 'Go To Jail' card in Monopoly. Found in the Animal Crossing Monopoly thread.JustinAsarena210
Egg 2Apr 15 7:30 PM EDT3CommunityWhere your latest favourites unravel.Watched Threads page.Mairmaladelieryl234
Egg 3Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTSoloTo find this egg you'll need to fashion a skeleton key.Click on the keySkull.png in the TBTs Home Para*DIE* event thread.Chris~Kilza~207
Egg 4Apr 15 7:30 PM EDTPuzzleYour identification to take you to the skies.PassportMairmaladekikotoot129
Egg 5Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTSoloTurn out your wallets and confess your sins.How much money have you spent on PC? thread.Christiffanistarr171
Egg 6Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTCommunityReinforcements are sailing here this morning, but they must wait to see the horizon. (Hint posted Apr 18 6:00 PM EDT)At the bottom of the Introduction Board, but only showing during TBT's morning nautical twilight period of its changing theme.Jeremyskweegee159
Egg 7Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTSoloMaybe if we hide an egg here people will actually read it.Frequently Asked Questions About The Bell Tree.ChrisMillysaurusrexjr213
Egg 8Apr 16 10:00 AM EDTPuzzle
A measterious letter lies before you,
One eggceptionally strange!
Solve for the numerical value of ??
And you'll earn a prize in eggschange!

You'll have to think like a detective hardboiled,
But we'll give you a few more clues:
Ruby and Cole work like opposites,
White and red, black and blue.

Hopkins and Cole are much closer,
Like a collection of eggs in a batch.
As for Coco: she's quite irreggular,
With no known operation to match.
puzzle7.png
89MistreilVerecund96
Egg 9Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTSoloAnimal Crossing's big 2022 release.Missions and rewards added to NSO, with AC:NH icons, backgrounds and frames thread.Justin~Kilza~179
Egg 10Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTCommunityWindow shopping outside for something new and shiny, but your wallet is always empty.View the forum while logged out and the egg appears as a fake collectible at the bottom of the new items list.pandapplesskarmoury211
Egg 11Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTSoloWeaponised children meltdown circa 2006.How many of you have actually thrown a wii remote?Chris~Kilza~173
Egg 12Apr 16 2:00 PM EDTPuzzleOur favorite new neighbor arrived hopping into town.Sasha. The new rabbit villager who is consistently voted as TBT's favorite.JeremyBungoTheElf145
Egg 13Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTSoloBehind them, a colorful refraction returned. But not in this form.In the description of the Springtime Serenity backdrop. Last year's Easter event had two rainbow backdrops. Prismatic Glow was brought back this year, but Springtime Serenity wasn't.JeremyAsarena179
Egg 14Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTCommunitySprocket, Del, and Ribbot are in our campsite, but they cannot move in.Members > Current Visitors > RobotspandapplesMuna216
Egg 15Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTSoloMake sure you get my good side! No, the other good side!In the Draw the user above you thread.Kaiaadigimon175
Egg 16Apr 16 6:00 PM EDTPuzzle
Find these three special items:
  1. Zipper egg
  2. An egg with a diamond pattern
  3. The Bunny Day Wand's egg
The answer is the locations of each of these items: if the items are in C1, A2, and B3, the answer would be "C1A2B3".
puzzle16.png
I3D7H4Mistreilseliph163
Egg 17Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTSoloNudge your friends to race to this latest clue!This post in the TBT Neighborly Games thread.pandapplesDio170
Egg 18Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTCommunityA Christmas carol contains six digits most don't have, but none of the digits you do have.Jingle (NPC) bell count in the richest users list.pandapplesseliph212
Egg 19Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTSoloThe majority are fickle about fashion.How often do you change your clothes? thread. Most people vote that they change clothing everyday.MairmaladeCeline175
Egg 20Apr 17 9:00 AM EDTPuzzleRemove the decimal, it's last year's most anticipated event.20. Refers to the large Version 2.0 Update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons released last year after months/years of fans begging and waiting for a major update. 20 is 2.0 without the dot.JustinGenexte124
Egg 21Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTSoloI'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid you're misspaken.Reference to Home Alone 2 combining 'misspelled' and 'mistaken.' Hidden in the What word can you never spell correctly on the first attempt thread.MairmaladeJellyBeans163
Egg 22Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTCommunityFor $1,000,000 TBT bells we will throw you a lifeline. (Update: this may not appear on mobile/tablet devices, or with some ad blockers.)Reference to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? One of the lifelines is "phone a friend" - the WhatsApp icon is a phone.ChrisPaperboy012305207
Egg 23Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTSoloThis timely egg is hiding in Easter.Change your time zone to Easter Island and the egg will appear.pandapplespipty160
Egg 24Apr 17 12:00 PM EDTPuzzle
The image has been scrambled! Who is this Nintendo character?
puzzle24.png
PokeyLaudineZero.127
Egg 25Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTSoloHalloween in July.Refers to when Halloween items were added to the game in July 2021. Found in the New update!! New items in acnh! (Getting information as I look) thread.Justindaringred_157
Egg 26Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTCommunityFind me washed up ashore after the 2.0.4 incident.In the about section of the Gyroid account's (NPC) profile.JustinBungoTheElf211
Egg 27Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTSoloToo much holographic meatloaf fries the brain.Reference to Spongebob Squarepants. Located in the What's currently on your content plate? where people talk about media they want to consume and how it can be stressful keeping up with everything they want to watch/read/play/etc.ChrisBungoTheElf162
Egg 28Apr 17 3:00 PM EDTPuzzleToy cannot compute at 232°C.Tin RobotMairmaladeMerielle137

And the winner of the Golden Easter Egg is...

Looking at the users who found an egg first, there's a tie, which means we have to look at the time spent to find the eggs, as explained in the egg hunt announcement thread.
At three eggs each, the tie is between, ~Kilza~ and BungoTheElf.
3. ~Kilza~ = 00:00:51
9. ~Kilza~ = 00:00:49
11. ~Kilza~ = 00:01:43
12. BungoTheElf = 00:02:32
26. BungoTheElf = 00:02:15
27. BungoTheElf = 00:29:44

Congratulations ~Kilza~!

Special thanks to everyone who helped put this event together!

Clues
Chris
Jeremy
Justin
Kaiaa
Laudine
Mairmalade
Mistreil
pandapples

Graphics
Banner and mini banners - dizzy bone
Fossil and Paradise Planning Easter egg collectibles - Mistreil
Ladybug, Splat, Junimo, and Spring Bloom Easter egg collectibles - Laudine
Easter Blush backdrop - Mistreil
Easter Equinox backdrop - dizzy bone
Puzzle art: Mistreil, Laudine
Zipper banner monsters: Laudine

Other
Clue coordinator - Chris
Thread coordinator - Jeremy
Art coordinator - Mistreil
Technical set up - Jeremy, Justin
Clue set up: Jeremy, Chris
Help approving puzzle answers: Jeremy, LaBelleFleur, Laudine, Justin, pandapples

Last edited by a moderator:
okay but I straight up couldn't breathe for like 10 seconds looking at the new eggs omg 😭 💕

Well, I got Egg 3 first. I doubt I'll get any of the others first, lmao.

enjoying this brief moment of having the most eggs before everyone else figures out more than i can at half midnight

I want the Ladybug and Junimo eggs SO bad but I can't start hunting yet. Looking at these clues hurts my brain. I THINK I get them but I still don't know where to go!!!!

I changed my mind. I'm gonna join in the egg hunt despite hearing horror stories from veterans struggling to solve clues from previous egg hunts. I really couldn't hold back my excitement if I'm being honest with you. Bring it on! Maybe that scavenging hunt from Camp TBT last year might help me from going crazy so soon lol.

I notice the date error that it says 2020 as opposed to 2022 just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back