TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we allowed to do a mini comic, like not even a comic. But at least two pages? Or just one page per project

It doesnt have to have two pages, but i could make it a little more cute if I can use two. All still apart of one project though, not two seprete ones.

Last edited:
Nooo that Pink Love Potion is so frickin beautiful but I know I'm not gonna get a staff nomination nor will I possibly be able to buy one after cause they'll prob be expensive :') I lack most creative talent

Also Mick your banner is so cute

Here's my entry, for the digital art category! ^^ Featuring my New Leaf town's own fairy-tale couple~ 💕

Valentine's 2022 Entry.png

i’m a little late to the party, but i’m in love with the new collectibles!! the shade of pink of the feather is so nice and will look great in so many lineups, and the potion is absolutely gorgeous!! i love the potions so much, and this one is just as stunning as the rest. i’m not confident that my art skills will nab me one, but i’ll still try my best! i’ll get started on my entry soon; i have so many ideas! ☺️💓

Here's my entry, for the digital art category! ^^ Featuring my New Leaf town's own fairy-tale couple~ 💕

View attachment 429466

THIS IS SO GORGEOUS HELLO???

Finished my art! This is being submitted as a (2) digital art.
Puddles and Lily are doing Valentines day crafts and Puddles is throwing pink Pave feathers everywhere! Huh, wonder where she got all those...
I hope this is Valentine's day ish enough, I even added a heart bouquet of flowers...
Screenshot 2022-02-08 211643.jpg

My god... this was such a wild ride. It took me a solid two days to finish this project. One day was spent drafting and then carving a lino-cut, because I thought a print would be so cool for this as I haven't seen anyone do one here during the last few events. So I was carving away all day only to fail miserably at the printing stage because I was missing some tools for printing and a big chunk of experience. I had to abandon the whole idea halfway through and start over with a drawing. I felt absolutely gutted.

IMG_5923.jpg
IMG_5924.jpg

It came out smudged and super messy so yeah... Miles off from what I had envisioned

So sadly, I have to submit a digital entry.
I imagined Fick making this card for CJ and tried to create something close to Flick's aesthetic.

rJXoAuE.png

Blood, sweat and tears went into this (literally - I kept accidentally hurting myself with the carving supplies and had at least two mental breakdowns during this). Not sure if it was worth it. I will NOT be touching lino-cut again for a good long while, that's for sure.

Are we allowed to do a mini comic, like not even a comic. But at least two pages? Or just one page per project

It doesnt have to have two pages, but i could make it a little more cute if I can use two. All still apart of one project though, not two seprete ones.
Yes, this is fine!

This is so fun working on! I hate that I have to go to work and pause my efforts. I will be quite interested to know whether they put me in the crafts category or in the traditional art category because it’s kind of a little bit of both. I am hoping to finish this tonight though but I am betting I will not finish until tomorrow which luckily is my day off! All Y’all’s entries looks great so far!!! Keep’em comin!

I tried to incorporate as many AC elements as I could (cosmos, nook leaves, balloons) but I reeeeally wanted to use my OC for this one, so I drew him wearing a fresh shirt and in more of an AC style than what I would normally draw. hopefully it counts. this is for the traditional art category (I haven't done any traditional art in well over a year so I wanted to try it out). I'm really happy with how this turned out! ☺️
(I also don't have a scanner so I had to take a pic with my phone, that's why the edges are a bit off. it's the best I could do!)

Sterling the silver fox wishes all of you a wonderful Valentines Day, and he has enough pavé pink feathers and love potions for everyone! 💕

20220209-202321.jpg

bc I didn't want to write my username on the drawing lol
20220209-201056.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back