TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I was wondering if the artwork could contain some text? It’ll still be mainly art, but I was hoping to put a few words here and there hehe.

wasn’t thinking of participating till i saw the beautiful pink feather 🥲💌
DFDD1B29-8765-4183-86F9-92EA0C1402FF.jpeg

made with empty pocky strawberry boxes, yarn and paper, so it would belong to the third category. the ac reference is the balloon gift! (but lemme know pls if it has to be more specific) ^^;

Simultaneously quite glad that the Love Potion has been brought into existence and bummed that my lackluster art skills probably aren't going to be sufficient to earn me one. Bittersweet since I suggested one back during that Christmas event years ago when we got the Aurora Sky and Snow Bunny, where lots of others were suggesting the Snowflake Wand that now exists. Which isn't to say that my suggestion back then means anything, it doesn't, so I'm not complaining. I'm just pessimistic all the time and have no confidence in my chances. Happy to have the opportunity at least.

Going to have to have to engage in some real contemplation and hopefully come up with a good concept. It's a relief that we have a nice, long amount of time to get our entries submitted.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries over the course of the event!

Simultaneously quite glad that the Love Potion has been brought into existence and bummed that my lackluster art skills probably aren't going to be sufficient to earn me one. Bittersweet since I suggested one back during that Christmas event years ago when we got the Aurora Sky and Snow Bunny, where lots of others were suggesting the Snowflake Wand that now exists. Which isn't to say that my suggestion back then means anything, it doesn't, so I'm not complaining. I'm just pessimistic all the time and have no confidence in my chances. Happy to have the opportunity at least.

Going to have to have to engage in some real contemplation and hopefully come up with a good concept. It's a relief that we have a nice, long amount of time to get our entries submitted.

Chin up, love! While we have no control over who places, I can say that our team typically prioritises concepts over perfection. If your entry is funny or clever, it can outshine a prettier one that lacks depth. Just something to keep in mind. :)

I share this sentiment. My brain hurts trying think of anything good enough. Not holding my breath in being able to buy anything off the marketplace either, so...yeah.

I'll try like always nonetheless.

Here's my entry for the digital category.

This one features Hippeux, the villager that I originally despise because he kept showing up several times whenever I'm island hopping for a new villager. I chose him as my subject because I love him now.

Val2022.png

Hopefully this is Valentine’s Day enough, even if it’s more on the pessimistic side. This is Mac acknowledging that not everyone is going to be in a relationship on Valentine’s Day and it’s nothing to be ashamed about. Life goes on.
43604210-8F38-4DE3-B744-0AD60F923B75.jpeg

Oh my gosh, those collectibles are so cute!!

Quick question though, I'm not sure what a 'name card' is. Since I'm planning on doing a 'physical' drawing, can I just write my username on the corner of the page?

Oh my gosh, those collectibles are so cute!!

Quick question though, I'm not sure what a 'name card' is. Since I'm planning on doing a 'physical' drawing, can I just write my username on the corner of the page?
That would be fine. I think name cards are just something some people make for event tasks that aren’t necessarily drawings. For example: a rectangle with Croconaw in the corner and my username handwritten. Nothing special. But writing it on the paper should be okay as a lot of others do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back