• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia TBT Mafia IV: Red Revolution [Game Over/Mafia Win]

After reading through the last several pages, I think I am going to vote for Tina. I like her plan, she seems to know what she's doing and I really like how she would hear out the players that might be afraid to post their ideas via PM.

After reading through the last several pages, I think I am going to vote for Tina. I like her plan, she seems to know what she's doing and I really like how she would hear out the players that might be afraid to post their ideas via PM.
Want to explain what threw you away from voting for the others?

Want to explain what threw you away from voting for the others?

I really like how she would hear out the players that might be afraid to post their ideas via PM.

That pretty much answers your question. I admit I'm probably one of those players that annoys everyone else because I don't really bring anything to the table, partially because I am exactly what Tina was talking about?afraid of posting my thoughts, because I know how people will tear anything I say to shreds. Therefore, this:
It's an idea I'm throwing out there as an offer; I'm not telling people they have to use it. I'd prefer it if they didn't, but the fact is that it is there. It's just for the people who are afraid to put ideas forward. Naturally, they're not the people who should even be in this game - but they join in despite their fears and then they don't contribute. If I were mayor I would rather they PM me and ask me to forward their ideas to the thread rather than to just hold back altogether.
is what swayed me to vote for Tina.

However, I'll *try* to post my opinions more and attempt at creating contributive posts. I don't want to completely rely on someone else to convey my thoughts.

No, posts should be dissected. You really shouldn't care if your post is getting dissected here, Tina. If you're town, you have nothing to hide in your posts anyway. I wish people would start tearing apart my posts and questioning me.

I didn't fully trust anyone except Karla and Kerryelizabeth until BlueLeaf was lynched. However, I trusted you enough to not tell the person you are suspicious of that you are suspicious of them. Like, what even, why would I do that? You didn't need any solid evidence. Literally all you had to say was[...]

I was more wondering why you felt the need to focus on dissecting the most trivial part of my post so earnestly, rather than being bothered by it. I didn't have anything to say about the other comments you raised: just the ones where you split my one sentence example into three quotes and felt the need to give an individual paragraph on each one. It seemed like overkill given the contents.

In the previous game I didn't feel like I could trust you (or the others) not to pass that information on to him. I felt quite alienated as the detective: I tried to get town talking in the main thread and nothing happened. Hence part of my motivation to get town moving this game and working together as one even without revealing their roles to each other. So that the blue roles won't risk feeling the same way I did last game. That was the main point of my campaign: the fact I want people to actually talk more. Out in the open as well as in private. If they're scared for any reason (I don't even need to know their reason) I'll be their voice and speak for them. That's all there is to it. I want our town to feel like a community rather than just a bunch of people calling themselves a town but in fact working independently.

That pretty much answers your question. I admit I'm probably one of those players that annoys everyone else because I don't really bring anything to the table, partially because I am exactly what Tina was talking about?afraid of posting my thoughts, because I know how people will tear anything I say to shreds. Therefore, this: is what swayed me to vote for Tina.

No, you didn't answer my question. Tina's plan can be carried out with any player, mayor or not. So if Tina were not to be elected, you could still follow her plan by PM'ing either her as a non-elected or PM'ing the actual Mayor. Thus, you did not provide a very good reason for voting for Tina, so there must be another reason you're not telling us, or the other candidates have done something to make you prefer Tina.

Just because a person tears what you say to shreds doesn't mean they still don't think it was a good idea. I mean, I am sort of tearing Tina's posts apart here, but that doesn't mean I think she would make a bad mayor. You should not fear having your posts torn to shreds. Only mafia has to worry about that sort of thing.

Okay, I'm going to share my thoughts here:

SuperPenguin, us Townies aren't necessarily expendable. We can be just as good as everyone else, except maybe the Detectives, and, even then, with good prediction, the Mafia would be able to render the Detectives useless, making everything ahow up as White Russian.
Vigilantes can shoot and hit an innocent with the one shot they have, maybe the same with the second, if they have one, as seen in TBT Mafia III when Karla shot Chris.
Veterans are just immortal better Townies, and thus, the only thing that doesn't have a hurdle are the Townies and the Veterans.
Masons can easily prove one another innocent upon death, i.e. one dies while defending the other. But, these two can easily die, due to absolutely no protection available.
Paramedics have to choose the right person to protect. They can possibly protect Mafia memners getting shot.

Thus, we Townies are as good as anyone else, really only outmatched by the Veterans. We only have our voice and vote to help our town, and Veterans are just like us, except they have two chances at living.
Yeah, everyone else can change the game, but it might be for worse, in this fair town's eyes. We, as Townies, can and do influence the Vigilantes decision in shooting, the Paramedics protection offer, and usually when the Double Lynch is used.

I was more wondering why you felt the need to focus on dissecting the most trivial part of my post so earnestly, rather than being bothered by it. I didn't have anything to say about the other comments you raised: just the ones where you split my one sentence example into three quotes and felt the need to give an individual paragraph on each one. It seemed like overkill given the contents.

I had a lot to say about it. Just because it was a short quote doesn't mean that there will be short responses. If there is an opening for a discussion, I am going to go for it.

Tina said:
That was the main point of my campaign: the fact I want people to actually talk more. Out in the open as well as in private. If they're scared for any reason (I don't even need to know their reason) I'll be their voice and speak for them. That's all there is to it. I want our town to feel like a community rather than just a bunch of people calling themselves a town but in fact working independently.

Well, you just earned my vote with this. =)

However, just a few questions for this strategy of yours:

1.) Are you going to make it clear in your posts whether it is your own suspicion of if it was someone else's?
2.) Will you be posting every suspicion that you get? And will you post it right away, or will you discuss it with the person for a little bit before posting?
3.) Will you ever tell the thread who had what suspicion?
4.) When you find out the true alignment of a person someone else had a suspicion on whether it be through a lynch, rolecheck, etc., what would you do?

SuperPenguin, us Townies aren't necessarily expendable. We can be just as good as everyone else, except maybe the Detectives, and, even then, with good prediction, the Mafia would be able to render the Detectives useless, making everything ahow up as White Russian.
Vigilantes can shoot and hit an innocent with the one shot they have, maybe the same with the second, if they have one, as seen in TBT Mafia III when Karla shot Chris.
Veterans are just immortal better Townies, and thus, the only thing that doesn't have a hurdle are the Townies and the Veterans.
Masons can easily prove one another innocent upon death, i.e. one dies while defending the other. But, these two can easily die, due to absolutely no protection available.
Paramedics have to choose the right person to protect. They can possibly protect Mafia memners getting shot.

Thus, we Townies are as good as anyone else, really only outmatched by the Veterans. We only have our voice and vote to help our town, and Veterans are just like us, except they have two chances at living.
Yeah, everyone else can change the game, but it might be for worse, in this fair town's eyes. We, as Townies, can and do influence the Vigilantes decision in shooting, the Paramedics protection offer, and usually when the Double Lynch is used.

There is no framer this time around, the only roadblocks for Detectives are roleblockers, godfather, and the miller.

Thus, you did not provide a very good reason for voting for Tina, so there must be another reason you're not telling us, or the other candidates have done something to make you prefer Tina.

Gee, I wonder what it is. Could it be the fact that I guess I'm not as outspoken as you are, or as aggressively posting as you are?

I want to direct attention to something Gallows said on a previous page.

After getting caught up, my warning flags are raised for SuperPenguin and Oath.

SP is attempting to make huge cases for himself and that automatically comes off to me as desperate. Making huge wall of text posts and making himself look good aren't good ways to try and get yourself in that position. No single role in this game is so important that you need to scrape and claw your way into the mayor position.

I have to agree with this. SP, you desperately want to be mayor. This is apparent to everyone, and hey, good for you! But you wonder why Lunatic isn't voting for you? You come off as aggressive. You come off as someone who is trying to hard. I did mention that I was considering voting for you if I couldn't vote for myself, but after continuing to read your posts, I don't know anymore. We get it, you want to be mayor, but you are picking apart literally everybody's posts, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing in the game, it does come off as hostile to some.

Oath, I just don't think needs it. Anyone that was planning to get mayor before they even got their roles is going to be a no for me. So where are we with anyone else that would make good candidates?

You can just as well make this claim for Superpenguin. He posted his campaign post five minutes after the official starting point. On that note though, I don't see why it's a bad thing.

This was the point I am making. But in doing so, the Townies actually have to use their abilities in speaking and voting! In past games, townies were so uninterested in their role that they just went quiet or helped in no way. But Townies are expendable. A loss of a Detective is worse than a loss of a Townie. Townies have no reason to hold back, thus they should be getting involved with discussion.

That was the main point of my campaign: the fact I want people to actually talk more. Out in the open as well as in private. If they're scared for any reason (I don't even need to know their reason) I'll be their voice and speak for them. That's all there is to it. I want our town to feel like a community rather than just a bunch of people calling themselves a town but in fact working independently.

Wanting us to feel like a community and work together as a town? More discussion? Not always going along with the mayoral decision? Sounds a little familiar.

One thing I do want to happen in this game which I touched on in my campaign post if I'm elected is that I do not want you all to instantly go with my judgement. One of the things that annoyed me, and is probably what contributing to Game III lasting so long is that it was so easy to just go along with Karla with voting. The mafia in that game were able to hide behind the votes of town. I want more discussion. If elected, I want town to bring up people who they think are White Russians, and I want them to discuss multiple suspects. I don't want an easy "Let's all pile on this one person".

You come off as aggressive. You come off as someone who is trying to hard. I did mention that I was considering voting for you if I couldn't vote for myself, but after continuing to read your posts, I don't know anymore. We get it, you want to be mayor, but you are picking apart literally everybody's posts, and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing in the game, it does come off as hostile to some.

You are now the fifth person to say this and it's getting repetitive.

Something that I would've done in Game III with he campaign posts would've been ripping them to shreds and questioning everything about them. Yet, I didn't feel the need to because I was mafia.

Ripping posts to shreds is not a bad thing at all. It brings discussion, it increases the chances for slip-ups to happen, it even helps the other candidates campaign for themselves even more so. If I wasn't running for mayor, I would be doing the same exact thing as I am doing now. If I come across as hostile, so be it, I guess that's just what it is for this game. And that's all this is, a game, so don't be taking it too personally. And especially don't shy away from voting for someone cause they upset you or they are making you uncomfortable in the questions they are asking you.

I honestly don't give a **** if I am elected or not. I'll still continue to tear through a person's posts as I am not going to let discussion be empty from this thread.

Oath2Order said:
You can just as well make this claim for Superpenguin. He posted his campaign post five minutes after the official starting point. On that note though, I don't see why it's a bad thing.

Exactly, there is nothing wrong with a little pre-planning. We all got our roles an hour before the game started. I'd be a fool not to use that time to my advantage so I didn't have to waste twenty minutes once the game officially started to create a campaign post.

No, you didn't answer my question. Tina's plan can be carried out with any player, mayor or not. So if Tina were not to be elected, you could still follow her plan by PM'ing either her as a non-elected or PM'ing the actual Mayor. Thus, you did not provide a very good reason for voting for Tina, so there must be another reason you're not telling us, or the other candidates have done something to make you prefer Tina.

Just because a person tears what you say to shreds doesn't mean they still don't think it was a good idea. I mean, I am sort of tearing Tina's posts apart here, but that doesn't mean I think she would make a bad mayor. You should not fear having your posts torn to shreds. Only mafia has to worry about that sort of thing.

True, the idea can be carried along with another person, but I never seen the other candidates say anything about letting people PM their ideas? Tina brought that idea up.

There is one reason that I haven't disclosed to anyone: It's a very real possibility that a power outage could happen where I live, as there is currently 30k people without power. Power outage = no Wi-Fi, which = no internet access, which finally means no vote from me. In fact, some people near us have no power. I voted for who I thought was the best candidate soon, and Tina fit that bill, to me. Anyways, I wanted to avoid the possibility that I would get modkilled. I presume players can get modkilled for an election vote just as a lynch vote, right?

Does the Majority Vote rule apply to the election as well?

I think it does, SuperPenguin.

This was the point I am making. But in doing so, the Townies actually have to use their abilities in speaking and voting! In past games, townies were so uninterested in their role that they just went quiet or helped in no way. But Townies are expendable. A loss of a Detective is worse than a loss of a Townie. Townies have no reason to hold back, thus they should be getting involved with discussion.

Oh, okay.

Soooo...
I think what the mayoral candidates are trying to get at is that they don't want a repeat of TBT: Mini Mafia where no one was really interested in the game.
It also promotes more posting from Mafia members, and thus would give them more of a chance to mess up.

Even though my vote is leaning towards Tina right now, my biggest problem is that she's too good with words. That is something consistent in her play as both Mafia & Town ... she is able to post in a Town mindset very easily without causing slip ups. She is very cautious with her words. In my opinion, so far she's the candidate that is telling us what we want to hear as opposed to the others .. who have already been called out on stuff people didn't really agree or approve of. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Like I mentioned before, the following quote explains Superpenguin's gameplay thus far very well:

Just some thoughts on Superpenguin.

So far your posts have come across as quite aggressive to the current and past candidates. I like that you've put decent thought into the past mayors mistakes, though some of your suggestions also seem to all revolve around concealing information from the main thread. It's like you don't want people to outright trust you on one hand while on the other you don't want them to pass information to the town in place of you as mayor.
Feels like you are playing two separate games: Iloveyou from mafia II and Karla's sheriff in mafia III.

In all honesty, I don't have as much power over you guys as mayor as you may think I do.

This though, this I like. Something I've always tried to push in the past games. So long as you don't use the same flimsy logic you used in picking apart Oath's post, I could see you as mayor.

That's personally what's stopping me from voting for you Superpenguin.

Honestly, I feel like Tina is going to win the elections at this point. She's the safest one to vote for and I like a lot of what she is proposing. It looks good on paper.

Mayor Candidates: No matter which one of you win, I really hope you consider PM'ing a lot of people. Chances are this game will only have a couple of people actively posting in the thread while the others hide away.

By the way .. shout out to the person who made the "I am the godfather" tag. Don't forget staff can see who makes which tags. If you're really a Town player, then I don't see why you would have made it. You're a tease who most likely forgot that staff can see who makes what tag. :'P

And you know what really bugged me? This PM from Tom:

Tom said:
So are you strongly hinting that you are mason? That would explain your need to campaign to become mayor, you gain protection and can lead the town away from your fellow masons. Depending on your reply really sways my vote here as I feel you're to aggressive, which was really pushing me toward Tina.

He's trying to see if I am a mason. That's just really stupid and annoying, cause why would I tell him if I am? I have no reason to even trust Tom, and here he comes PM'ing me trying to find out if I am the one role the mafia will want dead ASAP! I don't know how he wanted me to answer to this PM in order to vote for me. But I wasn't about to stoop to faking my response just to gain a vote.

In case you guys are curious of my response:

Superpenguin said:
No, I am not a mason. I do agree, though, that a mason is the best role to get into the mayor seat.

True, the idea can be carried along with another person, but I never seen the other candidates say anything about letting people PM their ideas? Tina brought that idea up.

There is one reason that I haven't disclosed to anyone: It's a very real possibility that a power outage could happen where I live, as there is currently 30k people without power. Power outage = no Wi-Fi, which = no internet access, which finally means no vote from me. In fact, some people near us have no power. I voted for who I thought was the best candidate soon, and Tina fit that bill, to me. Anyways, I wanted to avoid the possibility that I would get modkilled. I presume players can get modkilled for an election vote just as a lynch vote, right?

Just because Tina doesn't get elected doesn't mean that you still can't ask her to relay your suspicions for you! The mayor isn't the only one that can voice their suspicions in the thread.

You seriously could've voted for anyone, so there had to be a reason why Tina shined above the other candidates. And Tina just being the one to bring up a good idea really isn't a valid reason.

I had a lot to say about it. Just because it was a short quote doesn't mean that there will be short responses. If there is an opening for a discussion, I am going to go for it.

I guess all I can say to this is go for it. After seeing your response to Lunatic, I think I'm seeing your angle on it a little more clearly.

Well, you just earned my vote with this. =)

However, just a few questions for this strategy of yours:

1.) Are you going to make it clear in your posts whether it is your own suspicion of if it was someone else's?
2.) Will you be posting every suspicion that you get? And will you post it right away, or will you discuss it with the person for a little bit before posting?
3.) Will you ever tell the thread who had what suspicion?
4.) When you find out the true alignment of a person someone else had a suspicion on whether it be through a lynch, rolecheck, etc., what would you do?

1.) Yes. I will make it clear whether or not it was my own suspicion or someone else's. I'll make sure there is no reason for confusion.

2.) If they want me to put their idea forward as it is then that's what I'll do even if I disagree with it. Of course, I would also give my own opinion on the suspicion too afterwards - but it's more important that I express their suspicion as they see it. If anyone thinks I've misrepresented them then they should call me out on it. However, if it's too outrageous I admit I may try to speak to them first. I'm thinking of a 3DSFan v three different users (one not even in the game) type scenario like in Mini Mafia.

3.) Yes. If it's in towns best interests then their identity will eventually be revealed. By this I mean:
a) if they later come under suspicion themselves and their post could be considered evidence
b) if the person who made the suspicion dies
c) by popular demand​

4.) If you could come up with a more specific scenario I'd be able to answer more easily. But for the most part I'd say that it would differ in each situation based on variables such as: (a) that person's alignment; (b) if it puts an innocent in danger; (c) if the mafia can use that information to their advantage; (d) if it would benefit the town; etc. All I can 100% promise is that I would of course share this information with confirmed roles.

4.) If you could come up with a more specific scenario I'd be able to answer more easily. But for the most part I'd say that it would differ in each situation based on variables such as: (a) that person's alignment; (b) if it puts an innocent in danger; (c) if the mafia can use that information to their advantage; (d) if it would benefit the town; etc. All I can 100% promise is that I would of course share this information with confirmed roles.

As in someone was really pushing for a person to get lynched who ended up being town. Would you have suspicions on that person now, completely disregard them, reveal who had that suspicion to the entire thread, or what?

And you know what really bugged me? This PM from Tom:

He's trying to see if I am a mason. That's just really stupid and annoying, cause why would I tell him if I am? I have no reason to even trust Tom, and here he comes PM'ing me trying to find out if I am the one role the mafia will want dead ASAP! I don't know how he wanted me to answer to this PM in order to vote for me. But I wasn't about to stoop to faking my response just to gain a vote.

You claimed to have hinted your role in your posts and due to your rather aggressive nature here, it seems that you would most logically be a mason. As mayor, a mason not only gains the protection they would not be able to gain from the doctor roles, but they can sway town away from voting off their fellow mason. I would be more than willing to vote a mason as mayor if only for them to gain protection and sway us away from killing a fellow town. However you responded you are not and then changed your response when presenting to it to the public.

As of this moment Tina is looking like the most ideal candidate, her plan is very pro-town and with your assistance I imagine scum will be weeded out in no time.

Back