• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Place your random thoughts.

The last time I went into a McDonalds it felt so soulless. I've never seen a fast food restaurant that makes no attempt at color. The whole place was grey.

It felt like walking into an office.

I wonder what the business idea is behind this.
I can share my thoughts on why.
When it first came about, the targeted audience was children. It was also a known fact that bright bold colors also encourages people to eat more. Like how toned down colors and cool colors are used in bedrooms for sleeping.
As McDonald's gain popularity, and McDonald's altered their recipes, people started acting out more when they didn't get their way. Many studies are done by many companies on what keeps people to continue buying their food. Certain neurological responses happen to certain chemical combinations even if the individual chemicals are not lab made and can be naturally found. It got to the point people would have a complete melt down and harm other people and destroy property if they happened to be out of something they wanted or they didn't want to wait.
Some people became turned off eating at places that looked tacky or looked like they were for children. Especially as the population started and continues to produce less offspring. The added bonus of news frequently reporting on violent incidences happening there didn't help. It also started to deter people with children from going.
The colors being removed helps keep the peace in McDonald's, and encourages a wider audience, even with the knowledge and reports of how the food effects people's bodies especially developing people, profits increased with the building interior change. Such as someone with a higher economic status or someone without children. It is way cheaper for the company to stick to gray, black,white paint and dyes and not worth the cost of colors since they are doing well. If they even wanted to spend the cost on a mascot statue for whatever reason, sticking to those kinds of colors won't have too large of an emotional or neurological response from someone who is triggered and addicted to certain chemical compounds in the food because they frequently eat there.
Beige white and brown could work similarly, but gray black and white go the extra mile.
I would actually expect to see this color palette to spread overtime in the nation.

Todays Plans:

- Shiny hunt
- Do Jackbox games??? praying and begging
- Observe as many games as I can
- Go to Lidl and buy supplies for making Yoshi themed cakes
- Make a small Yoshi themed scene for my sig
- cry in a corner cause I just be like that

is that a swadloon blanket? :0

1716553331387.png

@MiniPocketWorld

oh? those are interesting takes!

I don't expect colors to take an impact on how the public behaves. Entitled people will always abuse service workers and make a scene. It's an unfortunate reality that they view themselves 'above' these kinds of jobs. Which, for some reason, makes them feel they can treat those at these jobs as less than human. Or walk into an establishment and make a fuss.

but I do think modernization is spot on. it is likely they don't want themselves to be seen as a 'normal' fast food joint. quite funny considering it's being copied by the competition.

I've been involved in service and humanities stuff, and we learned about the psychology of colors. So yeah, the departure of red (which is known to make people hungry) is an interesting tactic for these businesses.

we shall see how it goes.

Me: I’m going to go play Jackbox when I get home
My electronic fob that lets me into flat block I live in: what if i just stopped working

man i ate like trash the last two weekends and i can't believe all the water weight is just gone. i for sure thought my weight would stay at 93 but it actually came down to 89 again and i didn't even weigh myself in the morning. i legit was preparing myself to see 95 tbh

i can not for the love of me get under 89 though. i do not really need to be skinny tbh because i do not have money for skin removal and i do enjoy food a lot but i do want to not be obese anymore. that would be at like 81 iirc so like i see under 80 as my ideal weight for now. i'm pretty short for the record if i could grow in height i'd totally prefer that

but it's def hard to not see my worth in numbers though. i lost a lot of weight and gained a lot of normalcy back, but i would like to be perceived as normal weight for once before i get to my wrinkle-gaining age if that makes sense. but the problem is my unhealthy relationship to food. i dunno. i just felt like venting, why must we be perceived for our weight or whatever i guess

The fact I had to use a Yoshi aesthetic as part of the event makes me feel like I’m using another person’s account (not a specific user, just a general feeling). Except that I’m not.

This event is the first time I started having a Yoshi-themed profile. It’s always Pokémon or something Disney-related.

For a second there I thought that you were:

I’m also going to do this. I can’t wait to find every. Single. Blue. Coin! Yay?

Good luck and godspeed.

Have you tried 100%ing Super Mario Sunshine? That’s a hard challenge, but I was able to do that.
I tried as a kid, but the blue coin challenge was too daunting and a certain few levels were making me insane with how many times I attempted them:
Namely the Pachinko machine and red coins on the poisonous river.
I’ll always be fond of the game though. I had way too much doing glitches like the infinite rocket nozzle and the walking underwater in Delfino Plaza.

Bugs seem to hit my window's bug screen all the time, and I can actually hear them do that. They're pretty dumb.

Back