• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Place your random thoughts.

Kinda embarrassed since I reshared some of my cheers from last tbtwc; I know my art isn’t that good since I’m not an artist. I wish I wasn’t so self conscious.

I’m feeling so nostalgic at the moment about going to my grandma’s house. She had a really pretty house in a really pretty town. She had a big porch (on which my uncle grew really fresh snap peas) that overlooked a big backyard with there was a great hill for rolling down. There was a really sunny office where I’d play mah-jong on her computer. The town she lived in was so woodsy and pretty too, and the drive there was scenic. There was a tall hill with lots of trees you could see coming into town. And of course, I miss my grandma. Though my memories of her aren’t as fresh in my head, sadly.

This site is way too good at Mario Kart. I'm considered a really good player since I've playing since the Wii U version released in 2014 and you all still wrecked me a good part of the time. I did better than last time I raced here in 2021 and snagged third place.

I think I found another weapon(s) I like in splatoon; Idk if my last match was a fluke or if I’m getting used to it, but I’m going to try to see if I can work on a build along with the other weapons. Just need to get myself to do salmon run for chunks and not fail the runs.

Here's a list of songs I find myself relating to for some reason, as of posting...
  • Celestial by Ed Sheeran
  • Deploy by Jack Stauber
  • Walk by Pantera
  • Wherever I May Roam by Metallica
  • Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder
  • One Step At A Time by Jordin Sparks
  • Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield
  • Just a Kid by Wilco

I’d like to present my favourite Pokémon TCG pull Ive ever gotten ההה

IMG_2733.jpeg

If I had my own 10-episode DVD of The Ghost and Molly McGee, here are my ten episodes I prefer (and in this order):
  1. Innocent Until Proven Ghostly
  2. All Systems No
  3. The Unhaunting of Brighton Video
  4. A Very Hungry Ghost
  5. All Night Plight
  6. Davenport’s on Demand
  7. Lock, Stock, and Peril
  8. I Wanna Dance With Some-Ollie
  9. Perfect Day
  10. Jinx!
My second choice would be (if I could have two instead of one):
  1. Saving Christmas
  2. White Christmess
  3. Mazel Tov, Libby
  4. Festival of Lights
  5. All Shark, No Bite
  6. Game Night
  7. It’s Always Sunny in Sunnyland
  8. Smile Valley Farm
  9. The Lucky Penny
  10. The Many Lives of Scratch

The last time I went into a McDonalds it felt so soulless. I've never seen a fast food restaurant that makes no attempt at color. The whole place was grey.

It felt like walking into an office.

I wonder what the business idea is behind this.
it's so depressing lol, it looks soulless and corporate and gross. in fact, in regards the McDonald's closest to my house... the interior looks like a space that isn't even meant to be inhabited. it looks like something you'd see in a brand new sterile apartment complex. it's not presentable at all, and it's definitely not welcoming or comforting. it genuinely bothers me. it's like they're intentionally trying to keep people from eating in at their restaurant.

to go along with this, a few years ago the Taco Bell near my house switched from their super neat and cozy 90s aesthetic, to this weird corporate rustic vibe. like, it's Taco Bell? this isn't KFC? even KFC has a nicer rustic aesthetic. I don't understand what TB was going for, but it doesn't match the vibe of their menu/advertising at all, and it comes across as forced and very out of place.

(wow I guess this is something that I'm really passionate about lol. I am a stickler for interior design.)

This site is way too good at Mario Kart. I'm considered a really good player since I've playing since the Wii U version released in 2014 and you all still wrecked me a good part of the time. I did better than last time I raced here in 2021 and snagged third place.

You did really well!! Mario Kart is a cruel game sometimes. Lol

Somehow had another broken microscope brought to me, from a different teacher, in the same day. At least I can say my job is never predictable!
Who wants a good giggle?

This morning I sought out a new bulb, because the teacher told me late yesterday afternoon the bulb had blown in the microscope. He gave me the bulb he had removed so I knew what to look for. I brought the new bulb, and he struggled to fit it, so I did. Fiddly but doable. Then he switches it on. And it doesn't work. So I go, "Try turning the intensity dial on the right there." And he does. And it works. And he goes, "Oh, so that's how you do it!"

"George, did you just get me to repair a microscope that wasn't even broken?"
"...yes."

😂

So a very popular youtuber who made a video several years back bullying and mocking a girl for her harmless videos… seems to have scrubbed the video from his channel. I don’t feel so much anger towards him anymore. It reminds me of a few people that made mean comments to me in school but I forgave them because of how they turned around to become nice people. Not everyone, just a few people who specifically made an effort to be good people. When people make an effort to show their regret about something that hurt me, that means a lot. Of course, a direct apology is probably the best though.

Hmm my Switch Dock isn’t working very well. Half the time I leave my Switch OLED in the dock to charge it I come back to it hours later only to find it hasn’t charged. Happened again this morning where it’s still at half charge.

I watched To Kill a Mockingbird with my mom this morning.

Our teacher tried getting our class to read this. It never worked out. (our class was too immature about the racial slurs). The teacher gave up.

It's nice to finally know the story of this years later. I might even look into getting the book for myself personally.

When I was a kid or teenager, my opinions towards cartoons or games used to be much more childish. We were all childish anyway at that age, but I was worse.

I used to like certain cartoon characters because of what they’re wearing, regardless of character design. When I found a certain character to be pretty, I get obsessed with the character and the entire show because of that character. I didn’t even care about the personality of the character or the plots of the show/game/episode, just the appearance. And anyone who hated my favorite character or favorite show earned my scorn (yes, I used to be a bigot towards people based on cartoon preferences). It was even worse back in 2008 (when I used TV.com) and 2009 (back when I was obsessed with Total Drama). Of course, when I do find a new interest, I start hating on my old interest as if it was my least favorite thing.

Nowadays, I don’t think like this. I don’t like new characters solely because of appearance, and I wouldn’t hate on old interests. I also would get along with those who don’t agree with me on cartoons. I find it rather shameful that I used to think this way.

Back